xisto Community
shyam

Windows Xp Update Starts To Weed Out Pirate Keys Look out

First I remember the day when microsoft has say that windows xp i most secure of all windows and that there are no security exploits and thas is unable to use pirated keys and we know that more than 90% people uses pirated cd- key

Hackers are better than the microsoft :D we must say that  :D

When longhorn comes again there will be pirated keys and there will be holes and everything else

Rock the world :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anything thats made can be broken, and its true. As far as microsoft trying to stop people from using pirated keys well, i dunno what they can do but i wouldnt want people stealing my software and i can honestly say i own my OS's, most of them are in recovery cd format tho, so I have obtained a burned copy of the real disc which is within my legal rights because i own a copy of MS Windows XP so therefore im entitled to the cd. And the pirated keys? how can they stop that all they do is find a key or steal one from somwwhere and spread it on the web. Altho you can only activate your system 3 times/month before the code is locked and not allowed to be used for 30 days. Thats more of a piss off for me tho since my 120gb hdd died after a fresh install, then i used my spare 20gb and installed (3rd instal within 30 days) then i got my 120 back so i had to phone MS and get them to give me a code so i could install it :|

I think Microsoft Windows XP is better off as freeware.Anyway, so far, XP has been quite stable for me so I have got no complaints. I'm itching to try out Longhorn when it's released.I think Microsoft's not stupid. It's just closing one eye to the hackers and crackers that's all. Maybe their tracking them now or gathering enough evidence. And someday, get them all arrested in one swoop. When you're opponent is not doing anything....that's the most dangerous move...Mark my words.-Shackman

Edited by Shackman (see edit history)

I agree with Shackman.And to all of you *BLEEP*ing about cracked versions of XP, I bet it's just because you bought yours. I bet if someone offered you a WinXP CD key when you didn't have one, you'd jump at the chance.

I agree with Shackman.

And to all of you *BLEEP*ing about cracked versions of XP, I bet it's just because you bought yours. I bet if someone offered you a WinXP CD key when you didn't have one, you'd jump at the chance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who wouldnt jump at getting free software, especially when it cost's hundreds of dollars. I think that ms should lower their prices just a tad to lets say... under $100 and thats not including corporate/server software because well they can afford to pay the money for those. It all comes down to morals, to steal or not to steal its your choice just dont get caught.

If you have a pirated copy of XP its your own stupid fault, really in my opinion. Theres plenty of ways to get legit software, I don't think you should even be allowed "the most critical updates". Grow up and do it properly.

Just a thought: Microsoft can tell if your version of XP is pirated. Presumably they knew this all along, so why dont they just terminate unregistered/pirated versions of XP? Just a thought.... I guess its probably not that simple.

COPIED POST

Edited by googlue (see edit history)

and then so what... there are many other os other than windows isnt it!! you could always use linux.. its the best MORE stable than windows and the best part of all

it is free

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uh dont double post. and try staying on topic, this topic is about windows xp update weeding out pirated keys so they cant update their systems, and you decide to not only double post but post something that has nothing to do with it, also Linux is better for the intermediate user,. not the average user. Sometimes you have to use the terminal and most people well, wouldnt understand that so, think before you speak. Also WindowsXP has never crashed for me at all, gets slow sometimes, but other than that i have never frozen it EVER, i did freeze it once on my uncles system, but his is an old 700mhz celery stick with 128mb ram :D :D

**Edit, had xp running strait for 2 months once, then restarted cause i updated DX or sumthin.

i think this crack down will lead to more people getting linux. so then the popularity will grow and more programs will be written for linux OS's, then we can just forget about microsoft altogether.

I have two hard drives,the min one has windows on it and all the software and stuff which can be re-installed. Then the other has all my important stuff, like downloaded stuff, my sites and loads of other important stuff...I've had a few viruses in my time, never done any harm to my second hard drive...

I think Microsoft Windows XP is better off as freeware.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will Microsoft ever consider this? ;) I suspects...

I think Microsoft's not stupid. It's just closing one eye to the hackers and crackers that's all. Maybe their tracking them now or gathering enough evidence. And someday, get them all arrested in one swoop. When you're opponent is not doing anything....that's the most dangerous move...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've always claimed that Microsoft is a dangerous opponent for any hackers around the world. It's closing one eye because Microsoft need the pirated copies to spread its name. And once all the peoples get used to Microsoft's product it'll force you to use legal copies.

Windows PRICELESSWindows Xp Update Starts To Weed Out Pirate KeysReplying to onieReplying to shyamSince begining of computer ages, OS was provided WITH hardware on which you later could spent lots of money for their additional software, then OS!Am using computer in many ways, (thats why we have PCs right?!)but mostly for playing games!IF will they decide to compromise users which they spent fortune (except OS)on WINDOWS GAMES, then my decision is bright clear!! -> will get myself game console instead!!It is maybe their plan to leave PCs just for business but its SICK! ...And maybe am oldtimer! ;-)Ifter-reply by Ifter