xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cgrim29588

14 Things You Didn't Know About Bill Gates

1. Many books have be written about Bill Gates, Amazon brings up 137,632 results.
2. The first company he founded was Traf-O-Data.

3. Microsoft used to be written "Micro-Soft".

4. His great-grandfather was a lawmaker and mayor, his grandfather a national bank's vice president, and his father a successful lawyer.

5. In 1968 when the first computers were installed in the Lakeside Academy, his grades degraded because he would spend days and nights learning the new device.

6. Gates, Pual Allen and their friends caused the computers in Lakeside Academy to crash because of hacking activity.

7. When he was young he used to rock back and fourth. Today he still does it when he's deep in thought.

8. In Harvard he got bored and passed most of his time programming and playing poker.

9. Gates told his teachers in university he would be a millionaire by age 30

10. Gates turned into a billionaire at age 31.

11. One of his teachers said about him "Bill was an amazing programmer, but a disgusting person".

12. The reckless life in Harvard made him sick during summer 1974 and he quit his studies.

13. His first programming job was in high school making a program that organizes an efficient schedule. He used it to sign up to classes that had the hottest girls and have easy fridays.

14. Gates married his wife, Melinda, on January 1994 in an island in Hawaii which he rented for the wedding.

Source:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
When copying another source use QUOTE tags

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

lol, nice stuff. When I searched Amazon though, I found only around 10,000 books on him. Also, whats number 15? You just going to leave us hanging? Sounds like Bill Gates can be a *BLEEP* at times. He was going for the money all along!

Wow I cannot bieleve that it is him that made the computer I still do not get the whole thing? I mean I just do not get the inside of a computer what is all of the chips? How would you make chips what is in a chip?

Wow I cannot bieleve that it is him that made the computer I still do not get the whole thing? I mean I just do not get the inside of a computer what is all of the chips? How would you make chips what is in a chip?

gates didn't make the computer...

That's interesting, lol. Pleno, there's only 14. <_<. Maybe he changed the title though.Ok, Bill Gates didn't make the computer, he designed the first OS, Windows. The first computer was called "UNIVAC", made by Eckbert and Maulchy, I think are the names. Back then all the computers used DOS (Disk Operating System), it was bland. A black screen, blah blah, nothing special. Bill Gates however, designed the first GUI, which is Graphical User Interface, or....WINDOWS! All nice and pretty images, no more black screens, only blue ones. HAHAHA. Yah(sarcasm).Now my info may be wrong sorry if it is, go ahead and correct me :P.Oh, ya, don't even ask me what UNIVAC stands for, I have no idea.

I have to say well done to bill gates for his success and bringing us all such wonderful computer interfaces.BUT come on Bill can't you stop the damn things from crashing! lol :D I mean, in the 1970s we sent a whole host of men to the MOON! Now we can't build a PC that won't start up qucikly and won't freeze or crash on a regular basis? lol :D

Lol those are pretty good :D
I like the two.

9. Gates told his teachers in university he would be a millionaire by age 30
10. Gates turned into a billionaire at age 31.

yeah man, you gotta have a lot of free time to come up with something like a chip. I mean it is genius, but errr are you normal if you can some up with a chip? hahaha