xisto Community
s2k6

Death Penalty For Rapists.

I think that rapists should get the death penalty. I believe that anyone who makes a woman/man/thing do that against his/her/its will should just be killed. It leaves a woman feeling like crap. Post feedback pleasae.

I think the death penalty should be reserved for mass murderers, serial killers, and child molestors. And anybody who tries to break in my home and steal from me or threaten me.

Hate to say it, but a rape case is pretty easy for a spiteful woman to fake. However, I would be in favor of casteration of repeat offenders. I am in no way opposed to the death penality. I really see no point in allowing any human with a bad disposition the chance to reproduce those bad genitic traits, and euthanizing them is the proper thing to do.

You really need to give the Death penalty to rapists.They just go ahead and violate anyones rights without real cause or motive or anything.Atleast most murders have a motive to kill or atleast a reason (good or not) Rapist just drop em down and go at it, really horrible. Worse than murder in my opinion.

Death penalty for a rapist is kinda harsh dontcha think? Wait let me rewind. Do we mean ALL categories of rape?As in date rape, drunken sex as well as violent acts of sexual penetration?Let's look at the date rape. If Cindy is date raped by Bobby ( a boy she goes to school with every day and may even be friends with) what kind of further psychological damage would Cindy end up with on top of the betrayal of trust by a friend and physical violation. Believe it or not, not all victims are gun-ho about prosecution. This goes even more so for younger victims who may blame themselves.Drunken sex is actually considered third degree rape in some states. So two people have at it intoxicated and one dies for it?Then there is the all out brutal rapist. Sure you could kill him. It may even be a warning to others.....however it just may be a challenge to others who have that behavioural pattern. See the problem in killing off all rapists? Not that I would be sad if any of them died mind you.I say make them wear a sign in public. They do that in another country ( I forget which one) where if you are caught breaking the law then you have to pay a fine and do very public community service with a sign on you advertising your infraction. Nothing like complete humiliation to make the consequences of an act sink in. Imagine having to clean up the roads with a sign on your front and back that says " Second Degree Rapist" or some such thing. Rape is an act of control. When you make them own up to it you take away the control. It's not the same kind of violation but it would sink in pretty deep if you ask me.As for peddy's ( pedophiles) I personally would have them castrated and then hypnotized so that every time they had "one of those thoughts or feelings" about a small child they would suddenly have a very itchy part of their body. But wait? How to relieve a phantom pain?"Mommy why is that man scootching his butt all over the sidewalk like that? He looks like Scruffy when Scruffy does that."- O my Darlene don't stare. We need to turn around right now.See? No worries about the peddy getting another victim. Soon the poor shmoe will wish he never touched a child to begin with.I think something life altering deserves something life altering back. Of course these are unconventional means of punishment and I doubt anything close will ever come into play. Until then the revolving doors of justice will just continue to spin, sucking bad guys in to shake a finger at them and spit them right back out again.

True words :o
im fed up with people who take in their duty to ruin other peoples lives. personally i belive if anyone touches my stuff or me in a threatening way i have every right on the universe to strike em down. The law is nothing. So what the bad guy gets caught all the police do is tell them they should do it tell them not to do it again and let them go! Great justice sherlock.

But i dont think we should kill them, thats too easy. Instead we kill two birds with one stone. Why tyest on INNOCENT (and usually rather cute) animals when we have prisons full of blokes who think it is right to do such things to women and even to men. Prisons full of people who have murdered, tortured, maimed and wrecked other people and their lives. Perform the darn tests on them guys and girls! I dont care about human rights! If you decide to do such a thing you throw your rights away. Like i said zero tollerance, kill em but even better torture them before they die.

And dont bring up the whole "but then youre as bad as them argument." I'm not a threat to the public if im taking away the threat. Surely that argument would mean that all police offers who have made an arrest should be in jail? All parents who have ever hit their children (if the kids are being a pin in the a** not just hitting them for fun) should also be hit. That argument just doesnt work anymore.

Yes, rape is a bad thing. But it doesn't have to go too far.

Performing prototype medical tests on prisoners is a very draconian law. You're basically using a sledgehammer to kill a peanut.

There prototype medical tests are VERY underdeveloped, and something could go seriously wrong including severe pain for several years followed by death. Sure, you throw your rights away when you commit a crime. But it doesn't mean you're not a human anymore, and it sure doesn't mean that you can't get them back. You can learn from your mistakes and slowly get your rights and your conscience back.

Zero tolerance doesn't have to mean zero mercy. Just because that person raped one other person, that person's life doesn't have to end. Neither does the rapist's. Someone else advised that they lock a sign on the rapist's head for 2 years in a row, plus community service. I say make the sign have big flashing lights and say "I AM A RAPIST" in big 240-point letters (the kind that you see in cartoons sometimes), and have them do 3 years' worth or 800 hours of community service, whichever comes last.

I'm completely opposed to death penalty. Seriously, what good does it do? Sure, it gets rid of a murderer who killed your spouse, but it just kills off more people, and the murderer's friends are probably going to avenge them, by killing a police officer or something. In my opinion, the most someone should be able to get is life without parole for 24 years, what we have here in Canada.

Honestly, this type of thing should be decided on a case by case basis. A sweeping rule of rape = death will not get anyone anywhere.Plus did you know that in the USA (at least here) the only thing that they need to convict someone of a sexual assault case (of any magnitude) is someone saying it happened. No evidence or anything needed. I know a friend who is on the sex offender list because he baby sat for his cousin and the mother randomly said he molested the kid. (the child said NOTHING in court) No proof was given, heck they didn't even give an actual date, just said it was "sometime in the month of feb. around the kid's birthday" He served jail time and is now a sex offender for life and can't even get a job because of it.What if you were dating a girl (or guy) who you had a bad break with and then they charged you with raping them? Would you feel that you should instantly be put to death then?Also what if someone has mental issues and attempts a rape but has no idea of what he is doing? Should he not be treated different then someone who intentionally inflicts pain and abuse knowing that it is wrong?The laws are WAY too easy to mess with to allow death on one occasion. Sure if he is convicted, they have PROOF (tangible evidence), and/or if it was multiple times/people then yeah, skrew the sick freak.Another idea would be to create a prison specifically for this kind of people and keep them there indefinitely. It would be more humane and take care of the problem of them entering society. And in all honesty the only thing we need is for them not to be able to do this stuff again. Vengeance is not good for anyone, it is one of the worst things a person can live with and randomly projecting vengeful thoughts on others you do not know or understand is ignorant and useless, if we proceed in doing such things as that then we might as well be a mob with torches calling for the burning of a witch. (noting that most witch burnings were due to ignorance and the people burnt (or hung or drown or killed whatever way) were for the most part simply random people, not witches (not even in the sense of being a religion which uses magic and witchcraft or anything of the sort))In short before you call for EVERYONE who is a rapist to be murdered (and that IS what it is, wither justified or not) learn about the circumstances of each case and then make your decision.

Edited by KainRacure (see edit history)

I don't think they should die...toture their A** firstbut then u gotta look at the guys side women always advertise themselfs by dressing sexy wearing low cut tops and tight pantsthey bring on them selfs (in a way)hell i love the way women dress. My ma taught me better "look but don't touch"

death penalty is way too much a punishment for someone who had only raped once..serving a punishment must be on a case to case basis.. justice must be below God, humans have no right to take someone's life no matter what the he had done.. except of course if the guilty individual killed 30 persons or so.. death penalty should be reserved to those terrorists, mass murderers, and the like because of the gravity of their crimes..killing a rapist is not fair, a life sentence for them is enough

Hmm I think it is a harsh dission also. My thought is its not always a guy that rapes a person women do it too. Most go un announced because I guy has to much pride. So dose this mean for women too or just men? It isn't like they killed you though I would imagine it feels that way. But there should be a strong punnishment exspecially if they are a repeated affender. On the other hand it may make a person think before they act on it. And I agree it should be a case by case thing.

I think they should be 2 options to decide on.(a) Death penalty,we don't need space on Earth to be taken by dirty people who do things which they know who shouldn't.(b)life sentence in prision. or infact don't kill them, but totutre them and see how they won't dare to it again.

They should be killed. YES. Being put in prison is effectively the same as being given a free ride. Rape is a heinous crime, and should be dealt with to the extent of the law.But there needs to be proof that without a doubt, the accused is the rapist. Of course, this is very possible today with the amount of high-tech tests we have.

They should be killed. YES. Being put in prison is effectively the same as being given a free ride. Rape is a heinous crime, and should be dealt with to the extent of the law.
But there needs to be proof that without a doubt, the accused is the rapist. Of course, this is very possible today with the amount of high-tech tests we have.

What we make, we can brake ^_^ It means that it still is possible to fake such a case.

Honestly, this type of thing should be decided on a case by case basis. A sweeping rule of rape = death will not get anyone anywhere.
Plus did you know that in the USA (at least here) the only thing that they need to convict someone of a sexual assault case (of any magnitude) is someone saying it happened. No evidence or anything needed.

I know a friend who is on the sex offender list because he baby sat for his cousin and the mother randomly said he molested the kid. (the child said NOTHING in court) No proof was given, heck they didn't even give an actual date, just said it was "sometime in the month of feb. around the kid's birthday" He served jail time and is now a sex offender for life and can't even get a job because of it.

What if you were dating a girl (or guy) who you had a bad break with and then they charged you with raping them? Would you feel that you should instantly be put to death then?

Also what if someone has mental issues and attempts a rape but has no idea of what he is doing? Should he not be treated different then someone who intentionally inflicts pain and abuse knowing that it is wrong?

The laws are WAY too easy to mess with to allow death on one occasion. Sure if he is convicted, they have PROOF (tangible evidence), and/or if it was multiple times/people then yeah, skrew the sick freak.

Another idea would be to create a prison specifically for this kind of people and keep them there indefinitely. It would be more humane and take care of the problem of them entering society.

And in all honesty the only thing we need is for them not to be able to do this stuff again. Vengeance is not good for anyone, it is one of the worst things a person can live with and randomly projecting vengeful thoughts on others you do not know or understand is ignorant and useless, if we proceed in doing such things as that then we might as well be a mob with torches calling for the burning of a witch. (noting that most witch burnings were due to ignorance and the people burnt (or hung or drown or killed whatever way) were for the most part simply random people, not witches (not even in the sense of being a religion which uses magic and witchcraft or anything of the sort))

In short before you call for EVERYONE who is a rapist to be murdered (and that IS what it is, wither justified or not) learn about the circumstances of each case and then make your decision.

Exactly what I was talking about. Here in the U.S., it's guilty until proven innocent when you're a guy accused of a sexual crime. Even when you get out of prison society will continue to punish and it's very difficult for those accused to find jobs.

I realize this is a sensitive issue for people, but we can't even put the right people on Death Row as is! Look at all the people getting pardoned! People really don't mind killing innocents just so they can put the guilty to death? I bet they'd change their tune when they're the ones on Death Row for crimes they didn't commit.

All it takes these days is for a girl to get mad at someone and accuse them of sexual abuse for that person's life to get completely ruined. It takes no evidence at all aside from one vague testimony. There is zero accountability for judges and prosecutors who make this happen.

I was just getting ready to type a reply to this thread...
When I realized I'd already replied to it a couple months ago.

So I'm not really going to repeat anything I've said. (That's a lie, but it'll be quick)
It does make me a little sad though that there are still people in this thread that just say "KILL THEM!"
Think your answers through, people.
Reply with logic, not your stupid spite.
And if you do happen to lean towards the side of the argument in favor of the death penalty, at least back yourself up with some reason.

From what I've read here
Pretty much no one who was in favor of the death penalty for rapists actually gave a decent post.
Yet,
Essentially everyone who opposes it took the time to explain* themselves.

Anyway,
I just thought I'd throw in a little update.

However, when I'd posted originally, there wasn't really anyone who was looking at the topic subjectively and without a degree of bias.
Now that I've come back and looked at it again,
Since my last post, there have actually been some good replies.
Kudos.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share Thisexˇplain Audio Help /ɪkˈspleɪn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ik-spleyn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
verb (used with object)
1. to make plain or clear; render understandable or intelligible: to explain an obscure point.

Replying to s2k6Well honestly it does make a girl feel like crap and whether the rapist is dead or not she is still going to have to live with the pain forever. If the rapist is put into jail then he will get what he deserves meaning he will get raped in jail...Therefore he has to feel the pain that he put his victim through.

And have YOU ever been raped?

Death Penalty For Rapists.

Replying to rldowling03

Considering your idiocy, I'm going to assume that you haven't. Well, let me tell you something: when you are raped, you DIE inside. It haunts you, controls your life. Imagine, at the BEST, years of living in fear of any man that approaches you, even if he's someone you've known forever. Then there's the flashbacks, or, if you were too young/too scared to report what happened to you, you run the risk of running into the jackass again. At the worst, imagine all of that but it never goes away.

Two or three people? Anyone who rapes two or three people deserves, not only death, but the worst death possible. Raping even ONE person is too much. Your mentality makes it sound like you think rape is no big deal. Well, let me tell you something, that is RAPIST MENTALITY.

Rape is the worst crime in the world. Disagree with me? Prove me wrong.

-reply by Hannah