xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lurk

Need Free Ftp Client

I have used CutefTP 4.0 and found it adequate in everything i needed to do, but the 30 day limittion is pretty dodgy, they cut out heaps of things when it expires. Unlike WinZip where it says its a 21 day evaluation trial and i've been using that "21 day evaluation trial" for about a year now.The best FTP, i think is Simple FTP Client 1.0 it's the only version out and it's free to use the whole time you have it. And does most of the same stuff all the others do, at least until they cut out.

I sue SmartFTP, it's fast and excellent for my use.

160920[/snapback]

I use SmartFTP too or directly command line in linux. I use a SmartFTP studendt license so i do not pay for it.

I'm using SmartFTP... When I was searching for a FTP software, it was the first one I found, and that's the one I'm using, I don't see why I should change ;)

Just FlashFXPi Use Flash FXP its Very nice softwareI like it You can find it in download.com but it has 30 Day limitbuy it , its very nice ftp .Some times i edit my php pages in flashFXPIt Has many options

I am looking for a good free FTP. I looked and see a post for free HTML editors, but i didnt see one for FTPs. I know i should just pay for one, but i am a BROKE college student with limited knoweleg and just need something decent and basic; and knowing everyone has their little golden freebie they found some where; and i you guys have been good to me already so i com to you trusting :D

well i've used lot of ftp programs but according to me the best of them is Internet Explorer....it's easy to use and has all the features which you want with any other ftp program...the best part is that it works exactly the way..windows explorer works....just copy and paste and for new folder just right click and select new folder.i think you must try Interet Explorer....infact that's the only positive which i find in IE...otherwise the best browser is Firefox only!

I use Windows when I am at home. I have set up a thing in My Network Places connected to the FTP server. Sometimes I use net2ftp if I am away from my PC or need to edit a file while it is on the net. Sometimes it can go a bit slow, so I have installed a copy on my T17 web space. Its free and easy to use, and can do everything needed, such as CHMOD, editing files, renaming etc.

net2ftp
net2ftp Download

Try SmartFTP, since you're collage student, it's free of usage for personal and Educational user. Other else you must buy it.
It has almost what FTP should has, and it's user interface are friendly even for new people.

You can download it HERE
Enjoy :D

Free html editor would be TSW Webcoder, free FTP program would be Total Commander. Thus Total commander needs to be payed for no-adds it is working OK for free.