xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lurk

Need Free Ftp Client

I've used FileZilla for about two years or something now, and I'm certainly very happy with it - especially because it is open source, meaning you can improve it as you wish. It supports many great features, and supersedes even the majority of commercial FTP clients I've used.

i use smartFTP too. :rolleyes:I find it a great FTP client with lots of good features. Never gave me a problem. Highly recommended. :lol:

thanks for all your input!

I really am pretty much happy with FileZilla, but when a friend asked me what I would recommend I didn't feel right recomending it not having tried many others. it is nice to see that there is a lot of FileZilla fans

I might try some others though. I do think that freeware and open source are the best way to go tho!

I use Smart FTP. It's the only FTP program that I've used, but I am really satisfied with it. I found out about it because I have read of many users that really like it and I can only agree. It's a great program.

Hi PeopleI Didnt find another thread like this one, so if there is please delete this one.The question is:What FTP do you use other than the one provided on Xisto?I use Win Commander, I know it is not the best, but it is free and it does the job.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
This is a software discussion. Moving from General Talk --> Software.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I use Cute FTP. Purchased a license a long time ago when I was starting my first site. Then I moved on to Dreamweaver and used it's ftp client. Now I'm back to Cute FTP. :P

I use BladeFTP 2, it gets the job done, and its free. I have used SmartFTP before but just did not like it, I don't know why, just a personal thing. and I have also used AceFTP Freeware, but it has annoying adverts all over the place and a really annoying nag screen which opens when you close the program.

I use WS_FTP... 95, I think. I know there are newer versions, but this older one is easy to use and I've never had a problem with it in all my years of making sites.