xisto Community
bhavesh

Indian Cricket Chat about Indian tours

Atlast 3-2 win for India. India has taken last ODI very lightly, which was clearly seen on players face, they were a bit more relaxed. But now its test time.And in first test, after two days match is evenly poised. Eventhough Indians have reached the Pakistans total with 4 wickets in hand. But they need 100+ runs lead to have an upper hand, otherwise Pakistan will be on top, as Indians have to bat last.

Poor batting performance by Pakistanis have given Indians, the chance to take the lead. First inning lead by India was very low but Pakistan were unable to take the advantage. Opening stand was great but middle order was again a failure for them.So now two tests to go and they have to show guts with there bat too, to sustain in the series.

Draw in Kolkata, but I consider it as win for youngsters of Pakistan. As they have played an important role to avoid follow-on and ultimately lead the test to a draw. Misbah and Akmal played beautifully under pressure when half the team was gone with 150 on board, hats off for them.This draw will be a moral boosting for Pakistanis and in Bangalore, which suited visitors most, they might be able to draw the series.Kirsten appointment as Indian coach is great, at last Indians got a coach. :)

Indian cricket team rocked againThey finally won the series but i think that they coould have won yesterdays match ...which was abondoed due to bad lightwhatever i think the Indians could have declared early but it was safe that they declared at about 380,considering Pakistan is one of the best teams who could have easily scored on account of determinationThe result for the Indian cricket team was goodI would like to see them wining again and again:D

Indian cricket team rocked againThey finally won the series
but i think that they coould have won yesterdays match ...which was abondoed due to bad light
whatever i think the Indians could have declared early but it was safe that they declared at about 380,considering Pakistan is one of the best teams who could have easily scored on account of determination

Indeed Indians played great. And deserve a series win.

But declaration was late, 380 was a big total, they should have declared earlier but Indians have played on safer side and are only responsible for this draw.

Pakistan team was weak on papers and the same was reflected on there performance but some heroic individual performance from Misbah and Akmal have saved them from 2 more defeats. But all in all a series win is a win and Indians have achieved this after decades in there home ground.

INDIA IN AUSTRALIA

After a long awaited home series victory against Pakistan, Indians are now against the mighty Aussies. Trying to stop there winning steak.

Again opening in tests become a problem for India, no-body is willing to open. At last Dravid has came out as the rescue ranger for the problem and decided to open. He has done this before too but was not that much successful, lets hope what happen.

At present Aussies have played well in 1st session but Indians come back well in 2nd session by taking 3 wickets. Match is evenly poised and is becoming interesting.

Edited by bhavesh (see edit history)

Dravid really struggled today it seems, especially with maidens coming from new (but inexperienced) Australian test bowlers, such as Mitchell Johnson and also having to handle the pace against Lee and Stuart Clark. Although Tendulkar did do well with a knock to keep India together, a middle order collapse eventuated with the bowling of S Clark, good line and length.

If Indians have to do well in Australia, only one person is required to fire and he is Dravid. Dravid's poor form is a matter of concern for Indians. He is the player who is capable of playing big and annoying innings to frustrate bowlers and this will help partner batsman to play fearlessly.

Interesting to see that Singh has bowled really well in the second test, especially after breaking the Ponting and Hussey partnership that was going on this morning, and managed to cause a middle order collapse. Although wraps has to go to Symonds, batted really well to bring Australia back into the game (despite a controversial decision earlier). Also had batting support with spinner Brad Hogg, which although Hogg can bat a bit, he isnt considered a "proper" all rounder. Symonds can also "bowl" a bit as well, but in recent times is considered mainly as a batsman.

Nice to see the Tendulkar the world knows and loves take it to the Australians. Have to feel for young Johnson, it would be a learning curve for him though. Would be interesting to see what they do with the bowling lineup considering young Tait (which is another pacemen of pure fast pace) is only breathing down Johnson's neck. Good to see Lee bowl well to take a 5fer this time around to remove the Indian nightmares of years ago, considering it was 3 or 4 years ago when he got tonked for 276 runs for 4 wickets in the last test against India (and resulted in Lees dropping not too long after all those years ago).

This time Indian batsmen have shown courage to stay in pitch and score. But again failure of Yuvraj and Dhoni is a problem for India. I don't believe in Symonds appeal that Harbhajan has passed racism comments. Its old Austalian tactics that they used to target the best player through sledging or by doing things which causes the player to under-perform.Umpire's decision were against Indians, its very sad to see the biased Steve Bucknor's decision, this man always gives/does mistakes against Indians. Otherwise his decisions are great. This man should be banned. Its only due to Steve Bucknor that Australia have posted such a huge total otherwise they might have been bundled out for score below than 200.

This is too Much!!!!!!!!!!!Indian team should come back..........Australian were playing with 11 players + 2 Umpires. Umpiring is totally biased. Too much of wrong decisions but whats this all against Indians. Umpires are asking Ponting whether the catch has been taken or not. *BLEEP*!!!!Umpires should be banned. LIFE TIME!!!!Australians have made this Gentlemen game a DIRTY GAME........Symond has played well with bat and ball but BAD with his WORDS. Australians were sledgeding and this is well known fact. If you see the video tape no one was near the two players then how Mike Procter, Refferre has decided to ban Harbhajan, by considering two witness who were not present there.And now Kumble has charged Hogg for using Bad words, shouldn't he be banned.Bucknor has always given decisions against Indians. Don't know why he had problems with Indians. All the wrong decisions made by him was against Indians. If he continues umpiring in next two tests then Indians will not be able to win or even play a draw.Australia has equal there old record of successive wins, but this has happened only due to umpires.Umpires have changed the result, if they have given some right decisions then Indian might have won or drawn the match.As I was writing this post, got the news that Bucknor has been asked not to umpire for the rest of the series. A appreciable decision from ICC.

Bad umpiring,that's What defeated India today while playing Australia.Its really bad that umpires like steve bucknor,considered as the the most experienced,make such mistakes.Well Australian team might have also realised that their win was not theirs.Well can't say but by looking at the umpires decisions of declaring dravid out,I think there was some match fixing done by the Australians.I really can't understand that gilcrist could be like that,he was very close to wickets and dravid and I think he could have heard a sound when there was some nick ,which wasn't there and then also he appealed knowing that there was no contact of the ball with the bat,I know what it means to win a match but winning in the fashion is really not good for cricket.Kumble in the said that there was only one team playing with the spirit of cricket and I think many indian cricket fans would surely agree with that and its true that it was India that was fighting till the end of the match even after those wrong decisions taken by the umpires.But this was the reason which defeated India.Thus now I and many Indian cricket fans want that there should be thorough checking done by the ICC and should find out whether it was a match fixing case or not.Whatever the outcome of the investigation be,the umpires must be given serious punishments,and by serious here means that they those two umpires should be banned as it wasn't a case with them in sydney only but it was also a similar case of the umpires taking wrong decisions in melbourne and that cannot happen accidentally.

Its really bad that umpires like steve bucknor,considered as the the most experienced,make such mistakes.

This is not the first time Bucknor has given decisions against Indians. He is famous to give Sachin LBW when the ball has hit his helmet. :)
Whenever he stands in Indian match all his wrong decisions are against Indians.

Well can't say but by looking at the umpires decisions of declaring dravid out,I think there was some match fixing done by the Australians.

I agree with you they might have given some BUCKS to Bucknor and Benson.

I really can't understand that gilcrist could be like that,he was very close to wickets and dravid and I think he could have heard a sound when there was some nick ,which wasn't there and then also he appealed knowing that there was no contact of the ball with the bat,I know what it means to win a match but winning in the fashion is really not good for cricket.

Gilchrist was once know for his fair play and used to motivate others to play a fair game. I know him walking back if he is out without waiting for umpires decision. But what has happened to him. Symonds is a cheater we all know but Gilchrist, this is really shocking.

Kumble in the said that there was only one team playing with the spirit of cricket and I think many indian cricket fans would surely agree with that and its true that it was India that was fighting till the end of the match even after those wrong decisions taken by the umpires.But this was the reason which defeated India.

Ok, we have shown true spirit, but we should have shown protest against the umpire's decision from the first day itself. When we have seen that they were continuing baised umpiring. If this would had happened then result might had been different.

Thus now I and many Indian cricket fans want that there should be thorough checking done by the ICC and should find out whether it was a match fixing case or not.Whatever the outcome of the investigation be,the umpires must be given serious punishments,and by serious here means that they those two umpires should be banned as it wasn't a case with them in sydney only but it was also a similar case of the umpires taking wrong decisions in melbourne and that cannot happen accidentally.

I agree with you, there should be an investigation from ICC.