xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HiDDeNMisT

What Were You Scared Of As A Child

the title says it all. i will beginwhen i was like five ma mom rented a childs play movie. so i sit there and watch it even if it was 2 sacry for me. after that i have been teerified of that dam doll till i was like 12. i coulnt here or even see the name or i will go crazy.it was so bad that every night till i was 12 i would check in the closet and under my bed b4 i went to sleep and to take a shower i would check inside the cabinets firstgod now that i read this i was pathetic lol

You think that's pathetic? The movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory traumatized me when I was 6 years old. That tunnel scene is just... so... trippy. Took me almost 3 years and my parents wondering why I was blocking random channels on the TV (Don't ask how I knew how to do it, but I did. If the channel showed that movie, it got blocked), freaking out at school whenever they mentioned showing that movie, not wanting to go to my aunts house because they had that movie, the list goes on, but 3 years until I finally told them.Oh, I was also afraid of skeletons and drive by shootings. I lived in a nicer area and stuff like shootings didn't generally happen (once I can recall, some guy shot his gf across the street). It was the news from Chicago, always talking about drive by shootings killing children and such. I lived 2 hours away from Chicago, my room was on the second floor on the back of the house, not even facing the street, yet it kept me awake at night, terrified. Things like global warming scared me, too. They always made it sound so terrifying in school when we'd study the enviornment... it was a big thing back in the 90's I guess. I always thought one day it would suddenly get hot and we'd all cook up like hot dogs.

Edited by Chrisseh (see edit history)

I watched horror films when I was a kid.

Well, one that still lives with me to this day, The Ring.

I'm scared of the plot. A little girl, being drowned by her mother in a well. Then she makes an evil tape with her mind so others can suffer like her.

And the fact that she can come out of ANY reflections[in the book] is creepy!

Oh, for a short period, I was actually scared of clowns.

Stephen Spielberg is good..

Yes it was definetly Chuckie. I do not know why? I mean he is just like any other killer except smaller. Couldn't the cops just like shoot him over and over then put him in a box then put a lock on it. It is very simple to get rid of something that cannot be killed. I mostly had dreams about him. In most of dreams I know they are not real when I am having them. I tell myself this is all fake but it still scares me. Not any more of course I got over it at like eight though.

Water.Still am, actually. Except only deep water, where I can't touch the bottom. Got a feeling like i'd drown or something...I think it's coz when I was younger, I was going down a water-slide with my mum holding on, and she let go (or I slipped or something) and I fell into water by myself, and was swimming like "Ahhhh!!" for ages...Well, it was probably only a few seconds, and my dad grabbed me....but it felt like ages...Weird, eh? <_<

i became scared of cochroaches when i was a kid. and hell, im still scared of them. i dont know why, they just disgust me and i cant stand them. but its not as bad as a few years ago.also a few years ago, i had some weird phobia of germs. but luckily a gypsy cured me <_<

I know this sounds so pathetic but when i was like 6 i was so scared of the winne the po movie. Also you used to be extremly scared of the dark and things like aliens or burgalars. And also things like volcanoes when i was like 9. Now i know that was really pathetic! <_<

As a child, i was really scared of the dark. I couldn't sleep without some sort of light on. & i was also really scared of this evil dummy from this show callled Goosebumps, named Slappy. I was petrified of him. So at night..I'd always have to have a light on..and I'd be okay. But in a little bit of time..I learned that slappy wasn't real..and I wasn't really scared of him anymore. But I had to keep sleeping with a light a bit longer just until I wasn't afraid of the dark.

i remember when i got sick, i had this nightmare that i was playing with some in a garden. when this other being (i used the term because i barely remember the dream, i only remembered the things that made me freak out) told me to pick a flower, i was choosing between two, a medium sized daisy and some small flower, i don't know the name of the flower but it's really small. when i took the small flower, all of the sudden the ground started shaking. i later realized that there's a giant that's after me for an unknown reason. he wanted to squish me or something. that dream really freaked me out. i remember when i woke up, i was high in fever and i mistook my dad who was sleeping that time, the giant that tried to kill me in my dream.even up to now, whenever i see small flowers, i just try to appreciate it by looking at it and not touching it. actually, it's not just flowers. anything that is small brings a bit of fear. when in my room with no lights, i tend not to stare long enough on the ceiling because it feels as if the ceiling is moving farther away and since it's far, it looks small... usually i try to close my eyes out of fear, but sometimes, the darkness that i "see" when i close my eyes also suggests that things are far that's why i can't see them in the dark. i end up leaving my room and try to do some other things and come back to bed when i feel a bit better.

I have and always will be afraid of heights. When i was about 7, i had a dream where a friend and i went to the top of a skyscraper. My friend went to the edge and fell. Ever since i had that dream, i cannot go ontop of anything over 20 feet high. Anything higher, i end up getting sick.

This is very interesting topic. I guess we all were scared of something when we were children.I used to be scared of lots and lots of things. 1. I was scared of the creepy crawlers under my bed, big hairy monsters I always thought. <_<2. I was scared of ghosts, we all were scared of ghosts lol I believed they exists but as I grew up I founded out theres no such things as ghosts, or is there?3. This is a silly one, I used to be scared of the tooth mouse, it didn't even exist. HahahaI guess as we grow up we let our fear go for ghosts and monsters, all fear I have now is all this terrorists and crime taking place in the world! :P

the thing i was most scared as a child would probly be the dark.. i would always be scared of the dark, and im pretty sure every one was scared of the dark when they were little. but i can always remember that i always had the bathroom light on when i went to sleep or i leave the T.V on so my room could be lite up.the second thing that scared me the most is spiders.. i STILL hate spiders till this day just because they look all weird and creepy. and some are freaking deadly and poisinous and that even scares me more :D so now you guys know what i was scared of when i was a child.

lol man...well i wus always scared of the dark...i wouldnt have to watch a movie to get me started...just the dark was scary...i dont know why but i always thought something was around me or w.e...sometimes i felt lke id hear things and i even got my father to put a big piece of wood to block my closet lol my most recent movie ive watched that freaked me out was The Ring...boy did that get to me i was scared for a straight week i could not stop thinkn about it...but im all goodie now =)

I wasn't really afraid of all that much. In fact, I think I'm afraid. . .or at least cautious. . .about more things now than I was back then. I was afraid of disasters happening, which I mostly only thought about when there was a storm or something. I was a pretty thoughtful child now that I think about it. At four I was worried about my pictures and my John (teddy bear a guy in a band gave me when I was young) if there was a tornado that could come through. I guess I was afraid of the thought of things more than the actual storm that was making me think of it, which is probably the case with all of them. I only had a nightlight from the age of two to four and a half, and that was beaause when I learned to walk I'd managed to beat my head on just about everything on the way to the potty! :)