xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beastjordan

If You Had A Million Pounds, dollars? you would...?

If I had a million dollars

If You Had A Million Pounds, dollars?

If I had a million dollars, or pounds, I would get up early and mix up a nice cup of Swiss Miss hot chocolate. I would feel grateful to my younger self of many years ago who saved hard so I could have a happy old age. A bit later, I would watch the sunrise, which is often very beautiful. Then I would check my email, read the Internet news, and start searching for low cost places to stay in Edinburgh, Scotland, our next overseas trip. It is a long flight to there and we will be tired upon arrival. Later in the day, I would go for a long walk and look at the sky and trees and see if any more baby lambs have been born on my neighbor's farm. I wouldn't have a coke because it is bad for the teeth, as I learned the hard way. Good dental work is costly, even if one has a million dollars, or pounds.

-reply by Kiger Kid

Seriously, I would take a small amount and just have fun with it. Then I would invest a lot of the money to help starving children around the world. I always said if I came in to some money, I would open a place(or a chain of places) for kids to come and eat at least once a day seven days a week. I feel there isnt a excuse why kids go hungry. It is the fault of all adults not getting together and feeding them even if they aren't your own, do it anyways.-reply by MoMoney

If I had this amount of money, then I'll go and make a Pizza Hut like outlet, say some HeartyHut or something. And why is that, the answer lies in this fact.The facts are that every year Pizza Hut uses more than 700 million pounds of flour, 525 million pounds of tomatoes and 700 million pepperoni. If you lay those pepperoni slices side by side, they would create a path that would stretch around the world twice and go to the moon. In the year 1991, Pizza Hut made one of its most historic deliveries to Russian President Boris Yeltsin and his supporters, who prevailed over an attempted political coup. When food supplies dwindled in the Russian Parliament Building, Yeltsin called Pizza Hut delivery. In the year 2001, Pizza Hut became the first company to deliver pizza the pioneer?s giving in the outer space on the international Space Station (ISS). The highest volume pizza Hut restaurant in the world is in Paris, followed by stores coated in Moscow, Hong Kong and the U.K. Outside the U.S., the country with the most Pizza Hut units is Australia, followed by Canada and the U.K. Pizza Hut makes its fastest and farthest delivery with 600 large pepperoni pizzas on a 24 hour flight from Dover Air Force Base to U.S. service personnel in Mogadishu, Somalia. The rate of Pizza Hut store openings outside the U.S. is nearly two per day. pizza Hut uses 2.5 percent of all milk (over 3.2 billion pounds) produced in the U.S. every year for cheese. That cheese production requires a herd of 250,000 dairy cows production at full capacity 365 days a year. Pizza Hut uses more than 335 million pounds is mozzarella cheese. Stuffed Crust Pizza used approximately 50% of the 35 million pounds.These facts are stunning enough to say that with such small amount, I'll have the tip of the iceberg as that of Pizza Hut.

Million pounds hmm. I'll buy one or two startup companies. Will donate some money to charity that i'm working with. Also will fund some science projects. Who knows, maybe i'll start free hosting with those funds. Not sure how i'll keep such free hosting company alive. But i'll try to have free hosting company. I'll introduce concept like mycent or maybe something else to keep people remind that they're using free hosting. Or maybe i'll buy Xisto. I'm evil. Lol.

If I had a million pound, I would buy a nice, four or five bedrooms house (not a too expensive one, say ?500k max), a couple of cheap flats to refurbish and then rent, and use some of what's left to furiously promote my publishing business.I think that leaves me with thereabouts of ?200,000... Let's see - keep half to give an extremely wonderful Christmas to my children and my family, and give the other half to charity, maybe Cancer Research UK or the Red Cross.

Have to agree with freshpub. I didn't thought about that. Home is necessity. Especially when you're not feeling well, home is the place where you can stay solitude for few days. Yes, this is in my to-do list if i get enough pounds. Anyway, i have to buy my own home in future. Without home life is like hippies. You've to keep on migrating from one apartment to another. In the hopes that you'll have home when you get enough pounds. and story goes on. :P