xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beastjordan

If You Had A Million Pounds, dollars? you would...?

you have asked a very good question,to tell what i would do with my million dollar or my million pound i would like to say something about money .if a person target is small and sweet he would buy something or the other from that sum of money but if i get a chance to spend a million dollar or a million pound i would actually invest all of them.with some of them i would launch new projects ,some i would use up in investing in stocks ,though i don't know much about stocks yet and and i am sure that all my money would go in a project or the other. but i am sure in the long run i would convert those million pound or million dollar would be converted to a lot more and again the same cycle would repeat. actually i genuinely feel that earning a million dollar is not difficult and it is a possible goal but we only need to work hard and a lot smart to acheive those million dollar. we all know about the milliondollarhomepage.com guy alexa who made his million from a scrap.what you need is a right idea at the right time and it has to be executed in a right way ,i would really like to know how many people think that they would make a million dollars in coming years

I would probably first buy myself a new computer, as the one I'm using is getting old. Next I'd by a new house,and if possible a car later on. This should leave me with a still good large amount left. Next I would buy anything I would ever want. Lastly, so I don't sound conceited, I would donate some to charity. I would then just save that amount I have, possible invest on something. Either way I'll probably use it all up paying off for the car and house.In my opinion money does make you happy, but really only temporarily. Soon you'll use it up and need more, like a never ending cycle

Edited by mojoman (see edit history)

I would buy a big house for my family and myself and a nice car. I would then donate a large amount to a Charity (proberly Cancer Research) and with the rest, well I don't know, probably I would just take myself and my family on a very nice holiday, then keep the rest in a bank account so I can keep my family going in what ever way. Some people get greedy and change when they get money though, but I wouldn't want that to happen. You never know, one day you may get a large sum of money. :P

First of all, I'd get my own place and my own car. Not a mansion nor a castle, just a big house where I can settle with my family someday and something which my kids and grand kids can inherit. If any of my family needs another house, I'd get them one too. The I'd fill my home with everything I'll need, from appliances, furnitures and of course, killer gadgets. I'd invest some in the bank for my future children's trust funds.Im pretty sure there'll be more left with my million, so I'd put up an orphanage or a home for the aged. Something I'd been wanting to do for a long time but havent really gotten the resources. Or, I can donate what's left to typhoon victims and the such. But I think it'd be more practical to put up an orphanage or a home for the elderly since it would go a long way. Oh well...it's free to dream. :P

I think the first thing that I would do is I would find the fine print of this hypothetical game. I would figure out what I have to do to ensure that I get 1 million pounds, and not dollars, because pounds are worth more. Then I would convert all the pounds into dollars, because I live in America. Then I would visit England, because that is something that I have always wanted to do. So I would have to convert some of my American dollars back into pounds for spending money.

Buy a escallade car, 2 houses (one for parents and one for me), 2 kegs of beer, and enough food to last me my whole life. I think getting all these things would help me because if i had that much money then there is no point in the bachelors degree i got from school. As well as helping that situation because im about to be a investment agent. I think its great that you brought up this topic because i needed to tell everyone exactly how i feel about money as well. This is a great topic for a forum and i think that this is one of the best things that i have talked about for a while. Thank you for letting me express how i feel about a million dollars. Thanks.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Search the forum before making another similar topic that is already existing. Merged with previous one.

It amazes me how many people still see a million dollars as some incredible prize. Did you know that the suggested amount of money people retire with now is 3 million dollars? That's the amount of money expected to be needed for a 70 year old retiree with about 15 years to live. Since I know you're not 70 or retired...let me spell some things out for you:1. The mean pricetag for a maintenance free house you can spend the rest of your life in nowadays is about $350,000. And that's nothing grando-fantastic...that's just a run of the mill 2 bedroom house with a garage and a bit of land. So, there's 1/3 of your money gone. I'm leaving our parents out of this for now...I want you to see what YOU'RE in for...if you bought your parents a house too...you're screwed because you'll only have 300 grand left and that will only cover the food bill for you and your parents.2. You'll have taxes to pay. Let's say worst case scenario, about 2 grand a year....and you're staying there until you die...and I'll assume you're thirty (you're most likely much younger...but let's be a little conservative here)...so 2000 times your remaining 50 years....that's another 100 grand gone...you're down to $550,000.3. Bills...you want cable, electricity, heat, water, phone, gas and oil for the car...all that good jazz. I'm gonna put a rough price tag of $645 a month on that...times 12 months is $7,740 times your 50 years is...$387000. So NOW, you're down to $163,000.4. Things ARE going to break...you'll need a new car or two during those years...let's take away 50 grand for those (I'll include insurance in there and whatnot...but you're driving a crappy car now too)...down to $110,000 and you'll need lawnmowers, a roof replacement, and lawn/yard maintenance...I'll be conservative and lop 10 grand off for those. You got a 100 grand left.5. You're going to eat, right? You can't get a lifetime supply of food...even frozen you couldn't store it all and have it last 50 years. So we'll say 50 a week for food (you're eating Ramen Noodles EVERY DAY) and that's 200 a month times 12 months times 50 years...equals $120,000. You're now 20 grand in debt.Now I'll tell you a true story. I was at work, this kid scratched a lottery ticket and literally won a million dollars. He yells, screams, jumps up and down and quits his job right there and then and leaves....I wish he'd stayed for 10 seconds to read what I just wrote above. He didn't seem to realize that half of his million was already gone in taxes and no 19 year old is gonna retire on 500 grand...he blew it all in a year and wound up pushing fries out a fast food window....I wept for him the night he won and quit...and I still do.If I had a million dollars, I would pay off my house, put on the new roof we need, install lawn sprinklers and hire a landscaper to put together a low maintenance lawn, install siding on the house for low maintenance, get those "no clean" gutters, buy two new dependable hybrid cars and redecorate/fix everything that's broke inside the house now....and get rid of every possible monthly payment/revolving debt that I have. THAT way, I'd reduce all of my expenses down to TINY monthly installments that I could make easily with my present employment. IF there was any left, I'd invest it somewhere to pay for the education of any kids that might come down the pike. But I know full well that I'd STILL have to continue working every day...save my money and prepare a REAL retirement fund so I could pay for everything when I'm wicked old and have 3 grand a month in medical expenses. LOL.Seriously though...a MILLION dollars??? That's NOTHING now....a mere pitance...pocket change. Buy two houses...one for me and one for my parents??? No way man...I'd never be able to afford the taxes, upkeep and bills...not on a million. SAVE YOUR MONEY, DUDE!!! If you do win a million...reduce your debt, PAY OFF any real estate you might already have or invest it so you might some day have to money to actually buy those two houses and really relax!

I'd invst it into some sort of big company or put it in the bank, let my money get stored up and then go and hire someone to do everything for my buy a nice car trick it out buy a playstation 3 wii and stuff, and a lot of manga and anime.

Set aside 400,000 of it for retirement. Continue working though. Would buy a big house but not too big cause a million isnt that much nowadays. I would definitely get a lamborghini. and the rest spend it on luxuries and material items.

I would give 10% to a religious-based charity in the name of God. Then, I'd get a Toyota Corolla for my fiance so he doesn't have to walk to work anymore. Then I'd buy a home for me and one for my mother. I'd help her get her mother here.Once I'd get that done, I'd buy myself a nice laptop, and buy my mother and fiance a few computer games that they've wanted. I'd take them clothes shopping, and give them each $5,000 for their pockets. After that, I'd put the rest in a savings account if it doesn't end up in a 5% CD.

i would want more money than that, to give to charity, and to never have to work again!but if i only had a million, then i would just buy a house with a big yard, and a decent working car, and maybe a new wardrobe, and several other things that i would need.

i would probably use the money to take some time off of work and go on vacation maybe in whales or something, then i 'd use that time to write a screenplay, or theatre production, or a book and find a job that i really like.

first I would move to the states.I would buy a house big but not too big.I would also buy a new car and go back to school.I would give myself very well deserved vacancy for about 2 or 3 weeks maybe on a boat.I would also help people in needs with my money.believe me I have plenty of ideas lol.

If I had a million pounds I would buy a video Ipod, clothes and loads of manga and anime. I would use it to buy a home in my mother country and places where I wanna stay around ^___^ and also get trips to go everywhere in the world. Also a laptop and desktop for me and one for my dad, buy him and my mom a home in portugal or in UK so they can be happy knowing that i was willing to spend money on them =P, then save it the rest for the later life XD..So many ideas.... :P