xisto Community
hype

cPanel Certificate alert message Has anyone else got it?

I point my browser to my cpanel and my browser showed my certificate error and warned me about accessing the site... Has anyone encounter this before, or is it just me and my browser's fault? I've never encounter this when I access cpanel of other host before... I'm currently using Internet Explorer 7.0... I hope that's not the problem...

Since your last hosting days, Xisto upgraded the firewall and security feature that protects your hosting account. It is normal and you can have the option to install/grant the certificate once or forever. Without this permission you cannot access your cPanel.

This caused a small problem since my school connection disallows "potentially dangerous" connections, even though I know that it's perfectly safe, even safer than using it without the https. If only there was a way to log in without the secure https...

hmmm, unless we could disable the certificate checking, or we could make the computer accept it... I'm still trying to figure out how do I make my IE 7.0 permanently accept the cpanel certificate as trusted ones...

This caused a small problem since my school connection disallows "potentially dangerous" connections, even though I know that it's perfectly safe, even safer than using it without the https. If only there was a way to log in without the secure https...

same with my school, im always trying to check my web-site e-mail but then i remember my school blocked it, but im glad i dont live at school 24/7 <_<

Umm I have never had that problem with my Cpanel. Well I do bieleve someone has already answered your question. But if you need anymore help please pm me.

Yeah Buffalo told me about that after I PM'ed him a while back, happens to me in firefox sometimes, thinks that its not secure, wheter or not it is, just accept it perm. and it will just work perfectly fine.Something to do with the way your browser connects and what the internet application thinks.

I don't have this problem when I access my C-panel... unless I use Secure Mode login.

Internet Explorer blocks any security certificate it hasn't been told to trust by default, so you will always get this mesage. Firefox is smarter because it only blocks things that pose even the slightest threat - if the certificate is ok, it won't block it. But both IE and Firefox doesn't seem to trust the certificate because there is nothing to say where it came from.

You can set it to trust it though... on the error message you get there should be a button for View Certificate... or something, and you can see what the certificate says and decide whether or not it can be trusted.

I get this too, its perfectly safe, i think its because the connection is for XXXX.trap17.com but the way the cpanel works is the connection is either redirected or passes through another server something about gamma or something, and that is where the problem is, because the browser thinks that the connection is being hijacked by the other server when its not!You can just click to accept permanently because its safe!

Well, the problem with me now is that I couldnt get my browser to permanently accept the certificate... Guess I'm not too used to IE7.0... However, when I use firefox on my cpanel I receive the same error... But I believe I could permanently accept the certificate with firefox, so I guess I'll be using firefox to access my cpanel.. <_<