xisto Community
ZPGames

Windows Media Player 11

I just downloaded the new Media Player 11 Beta from Windows and started playing around with it. What I really noticed was a real nice GUI but didn't realize anything new when it comes to features. It's like 10, no 9 because 10 wasn't good, with a really nice skin. Some improved features though.

Yea, I've downloaded it months ago and i got attracted by that GUI of it that was made to comform with Vista... It looks really cool and works just like Media Player 9-10 and plays well... The only problem I got with it is that when I select the menu it appears as transparent and it didnt show up until I mouse over it... And some just persistently doesnt show up and the menu seems broken... However, I'm not sure if the Media Player 11 is suppose to work this way...

Yeah i had tried Windows Media Player 11 a few months ago when the beta first came out. Like everyone else has already said, the gui was very nice and it made the popular feature much easier to find. What no one else mentioned was how it sorted the artists. It showed all the album covers and also allowed you to long online to get track names and info in a very easy to do manner. Plus, the only time it asked for your help in this process was when it could not determine the information itself which was not very often. It did have bugs in it like the transparency feature but it wont be released til vista comes out and it probably has aero featuer written for it. Keep in mind it still is in beta and that it will be buggy but overall its a great improvement from 10

Yea, I have been using it for a while. I like it alot. The new skin is great and the new way to organize music and videos is awesome. It helps with Itunes too. I really like this and I cant wait till the release build comes out.

WMP 11 looks Cool and also has got some new features. I tried this in my friends home.My vendor from whom I've bought gave me a pirated copy of XP so I am not able to install any software from microsoft that requires a valid Key Activation. could some one help me.

Yes I've had the beta for a few months now and I really like the interface (GUI) I do wish that they bring back the mini bar that appears when you minimize it like in WMP 9 I think it was. I mean they could have it as an optional feature. I found that very useful. Anyway, it's pretty cool I think and I recommend it.

I like it but i find it a bit slower that wmp 10 for loading videos from online scources, im looking forward for the release, does anyone know when it is coming out?

It won't play WMV, that's like one of the main WMP formats, have you tried going online and downloading a codex from the MS website for it. Not that it really matters, you can download 11 and play it fine (don't take my word for it though because I said that it probably won't work. <_< )

I've tried playing a wmv video from the Media Player 11 before, it works fine with me, but it does require a codec which I couldnt remember which is it... Try playing the wmv file, if the Media Player pops up an error, it'll prompt you to search for codec at the Microsoft website... If you couldnt find the codec, google it and I'm sure you'll find it, cause it works for me...