xisto Community
delivi

How Did You Feel When You Got Gmail? Share it here

How did you feel when you got GMail?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My story of Gmail, is quite different , those days i had to need a mail account which is simple and having simple procedures, when i got to know about gmail. i created an account and shair that news with friend, plus that affers have huge spase.i will just say remark able.

Well, when I first got my gmail account, I kinda thought....this is retarted, but thats when I didn't notice all features it had. Now I use it all the time! The new Calender extension they made is wonders for me because I use the Calendar for pretty much everything, my Calendar has my life on it. Gmail has so much space, now I can just archive so its like, "damn, now I dont have to delete my messages so I have stuff to look back to if I forgot what something said"....Gmail kicks my last emails butt by a long far.

I felt cool because Gmail seemed to be the latest thing and everyone I knew wanted it, but so few had it. I got an invite from one of my friends and I went around boasting to some of my friends that I had it and they didn't. But after a while everyone seemed to be getting it and the "cool factor" wore off. Now it's just normal. I still love it, though, because of all the features. My favorite feature is the Archive one. It is such a great help.

Its easy and i feel happy because i have lot of friends. i got up to 37 invitation and i reject all and at last when i came to know advantages of gmail. finally i have one. And i have just used 18% space. Its good

Hai GMail share the feelings that you got when you recived your first GMail Invite.
Here is mine

At first when I received a mail from Google that contained the link for my GMail account, my joy was boundless. I signed up for GMail on 2/19/05 the time when GMail was just released and GMail invites are rare. I was the only student in my college atthat time having a GMail Account. That made my friends look in jealousy. That was great time.

I was so happy to get Gmail with all its neat perks. And I am still happy with it. My Yahoo email has been messed with especially recently. Someone got into one of my very important folders and deleted over a years worth of vital email I needed to keep. It was a good thing that I had the same emails being sent to Gmail also. It has never been messed with. It stays stable, I have never had it crash for a day like Yahoo did when I needed it the most.

I was really happy..I was just starting to use it when it was only if you have invitation for it.. It was really hard to find some invitation, but one friend just send me it and when I saw 2 gb space I was really happy.. Now it is more than 3gb and Im still using it.. Really good gmail.. Everybody just use it..I will never change my email at gmail :P All about google is big future and I hope it will be forever the best searching engine and all bes services they have B)

Excited....I was using hotmail, but now....I think that gmail is years advanced than hotmail. Hotmail = same features all time. Gmail = New features every some time. Im using gmail and i will use it. Happy with it, invited lots of friends to get it. Look at the hotmail space. Look now at the gmails one. Big diffrence, more features.

When i first got gmail i felt excited,proud and happy ..the day when i got the gmail invited i felt amazing.When i first heard about gmail i thought its just another service soon when began to use i was getting comfortable with ..its really great

When GMail came out, I was very excited cause I heard that there was really only going to be limited spaces for people who get to use it, seeing as you had to be personally invited to it by somebody you knew. This made me think that it had some special advanced features that other email clients hadn't.I've been using it ever since it's came out, re-directing email messages from 3 of my other accounts to it, and it has reduced the amount of spam that I receive per day by a huge amount. I'm quite impressed what they have managed to do, especially with the google chat feature included in the client too. 9/10 for their efforts and the quality of the email client. :lol:

To be honest, I was fairly disapointed with the general look of the interface, considering it is made by a company like Google. But i learnt to like it. Although i dont use oit regularly, I just signed up because i already had a google account, and wanted to try it.

I like the idea of the space constantly increasing!

I asked my friend to give me the invite, so it wasn't an exciting surprise, but I was happy to finally have a Gmail account. At first I hated how you couldn't make any folders, but with the tagging and search capabilities I learned to deal. And there is just so much space! I love being able to keep everything I get.