xisto Community
Tailson

Eragon Anyone else read it?

It is so good. What do you think the next book will be called? Both titles have 6 letters. Both of them describe a rider. Both start with E. Maybe Empire. But I don't think so since the Empire doesn't need another Dragon. They have two. Maybe 6 letters, the E, or dragon rider is just a coincidence. Any title predictions from any of you.

They are good books :P I have them both (Eragon and Eldest). I like the mix between fantasy and still dramatic and possible to relate to, although I dont like the romance between the elf (her name has slipped my mind) and Eragon... kind of an old cliche. I hope Christopher Paolini doesn't start making it to much like the big bad vs. the gallant little kid who saves the day, like what happened in the last book of Pendragon.... I'm not even sure if I'm going to read the next Pendragon because of that bad ending... Oh well, off topic XD I just hope he keeps writing good books and we can follow Saphira and Eragon some more.

I have read Eragon and Eldest and I actually did like them as books. But when you look at the big scheme of things, it might just be kind of coinidental. In the book cover it says, "His (Paloni's) abbiding love of fantasy inspired him," or something like that. Then I think about it and I think he just took the plot line of Star Wars (not literally, but it is apearent), then placed it in a Lord of the Rings world. He kind of even forgot to change his two main character's names... Eragon and Arya.. kinda suspicous.But all in all, they are good reads and a nice addition to any fantasy collection. And about number 3, I hopes he surprises me...

after hearing that there were books for that movie eragon i wanted to read them. but i ended up seeing the movie first. bad idea. the movie is terrible. the dumbest movie i have ever seen they should have just mad a series of it on tv or something. becuase of the movie i have yet to read the books. now it just seems like a waste of time.

The books are really great, I'm reading Eldest for the 2nd time, I have read Eragon two times too... Dont watch the movie neither play the game, they are both big ****, how can a book be so good and a movie so bad, i would like if they made a 3+ hours film, with much more than this, I dont care about how long it is if it is a good movie... cant wait for the 3rd book...

I have read Eragon and Eldest and I actually did like them as books. But when you look at the big scheme of things, it might just be kind of coinidental. In the book cover it says, "His (Paloni's) abbiding love of fantasy inspired him," or something like that. Then I think about it and I think he just took the plot line of Star Wars (not literally, but it is apearent), then placed it in a Lord of the Rings world. He kind of even forgot to change his two main character's names... Eragon and Arya.. kinda suspicous.
But all in all, they are good reads and a nice addition to any fantasy collection. And about number 3, I hopes he surprises me...

How exactly does the plotline relate to Star Wars?

Also, where are the names Eragon and Arya used in any of the Star Wars films?

As both a die hard Star Wars and Paolini fan I fail to see your point.

Plus, Arya does take a large part but is not a main character.

The books rotate around three main characters, Eragon, Saphira, and Brom.

Until, of course, Brom's unfortunate death. Personally, I believe Murtagh then becomes quite main, but of course fades after his dissappearance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is widely believed in many online Eragon fansites and forums that the next book will in fact be entitled Empire.

Personally, I found the film to be an extreme dissappointment, largely due to them missing out three quarters of the first book and filling it in with the majority of the important parts of the second book (like the above spoiler).

Many of my favourite parts from Eragon weren't included - some of them running plotlines.

I believe they did to the Eragon film what they did to the latest instalment of the Harry Potter films - butchered it.

I absolutely cannot wait for the new book and anticipate it's release eagerly, which I believe is sometime next month, or if not, November.

It's very sad for me that the Inheritance trilogy has to come to an end, but you know what they say, all good things do!

Personally, I try to block out all memories of the ATROCITY that Fox attempted to call a film of the book.

Have heard of Pendragon but haven't actually read it, thinking about it though.

And elrohir, after reading your post i'm very interested in reading World of Time! If I get it I'll be sure to tell you what I think!

the relationship between man and dragon, a Dragoon is what Eragon told about and that's what I've been searching for so long.Eragon is one of my three novel titles that I read. The other titles were Harry Potter (all of them, right now read the last book) and DA Vinci Code - Angel and Demon. I've read Eragon and Eldest and in a long wait for Inheritance to come. I like how the way Eragon developed himself in his journey, I could feel his desire to become strong coming from just reading the book.However though, I'm not really like the movie of Eragon. I like how they made Sapphira but only her is the one I could give my 'ok'. I just could hope if Eldest is coming, they should make more than Eragon, at least how they made the romance between the elf and human in Eldest and of course the war that written in the last part of the book.

I heard very good things about the book from a friend, and when the movie came out she said "Come on, let's go see it!" Unfortunately, the movie was a failure (had one good dragon fight scene and that was about it). Still, I might pick up the book sometime and read it. I just wish I hadn't been so disappointed by the movie.

This is exceptionally interesting, even though through wikipedia's confrontation with the book details. Well, i have seen the movie Eragon and i fell in love with the plot for i've had always a big share in my heart for Fantasy movies and stories. (Speaking seriously*) However, i am quite disappointed for Eldest may not be released as a movie, else, the movie may be delayed, possibly. I have waited almost one year for eldest's movie release. Am gonna catch 'Enchanted - A Modern Fairytale', soon enough. Try catching 'Stardust', it seems to be a good fantasy movie for people who wanna relive their addiction to fantasy movies and stories.

Great books, waiting for the 3rd and final. The 2 books had everything, seriously. I was entertained for hours on end, reading, and i even re-read eragon. I finished Eldest a while back, and I'm waiting for the 3rd right now. No books like it, and its even been made into a movie. Christopher is an up and coming author and i expect to see more works from him. Although, the movie wasn't that good, skipped a lot of parts that were in the book. But, oh well :)

I've watched the movie. i don't like it. People should know the difference between myth and fairy tale. Cinderella is a fairy tale, Eragon is a myth. Film makers should keep that in mind before they romanticize everything

Edited by polter (see edit history)

I will be honest. I was given the book as a present, because I expressed an interest in it, after giving it to someone else as a present the year previous. For whatever reason, I just never got time to start the book. I did however see the movie. I thought it was terrible... badly put together, immature and a product of, at least, partial plagiarism.I found out the book was written when the author was 14... lost all interest in reading it, after I learned that.My girlfriend's brother really really enjoyed it, but he is a teenager, and I'm definitely not. Maybe I can give it a chance at some point... but after the movie, I think it'd be hard.Bud