xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

Country Music

Ok, i wil admit, i do like some country music...... i can listen to maybe one song in a month... then im tired of it lmao, but this last trip that i took..the trip was 3 weeks long, we were traveling a total of 8 days 7 hours a day...and the only thing my grandma put on the bloody radio was COUNTRY omg i was going nuts!!!!! finally after the first day, i stayed up late and woke up early so i could fall asleep in the car while my grandma playes her music. i was so relieved when we got into resturants they were playing actual music! and my grandma had no controll over what music was played in the resturants!! so i was soo happy... and then we got to her sons house, basicly an uncle to me.... and he is in a band a rock band, and man was i relieved....my uncle has an xbox and you can load music into it and play the music as background music instead of a games sound effects, so we loaded some of the music he likes and played Star Wars battlefront two... lol i would not leave the room where the music was i was relieved....then on the way home, she stumbled across an ooldies station.. omy goodness music from the 40's and 50's sheesh.. then she poped in her Josh TUrner CD and played it 4 times over...so you could say i am a bit tired of country music.. i am stalked up for the rest of my life with it....*puts headphones back on and bobs head to KoRn*

Yikes. Lately, my mom has been trying to get my baby niece to dance everytime she has her. The problem is, the only channel on tv that ever plays music nowadays is the country music network. (And my mom normally listens to good rock music.) So the poor little baby is turning into a hick. My sister is so happy. haha.

There's an old saying about all of this. The more a person claims to hate country music, the more that they secretly enjoy it. It's not really related in all of this, I just thought I'd give that little tidbit a special mention.

lol Poor Albus. Well you know I used to like country music and I can still listen to it every one in a while but then I moved on to other types of music like rock. My whole family really got into country music and they continue to listen to it so now I don't really mind listening to country music but it really isn't my favorite anymore. There are really only certain artists I would listen to. I can't stand a few of them though. Now I listen to rock and what not. Albus if you don't like it though that much why don't you bring a CD player or something or other like a walkman so you can play your own music?

broken cd player >_< really sucks :) lol, i understand what you are saying as well pleno, there are certian artists, that i think have a good beat to their song(s) and so im ok listening to that for a whilew but just not 7 hrs a day for 8 days.... *shivers even though its 100 degrees here*

country music isn't that bad, but yeah, played too much isn't good. i've listened to some, but i think their genre is modern country rather just country. there's a difference, its boundaries intersect with pop music, and since i was born in the era of pop music, i guess that's the reason why i can appreciate such genre of songs. although there are pop music that i hate but i don't have to name artists. :)

:) Actually I don't like the fact that you called something "actual music". Everyone has opinions on what they would call "music." Anyway, I'm personally a fan of classical music and orchestraic (sp?) themes. Though, I'd enjoy going on a nice pop song marathon every now and then. I don't live in the US, so I guess that's why I haven't heard much country music. I listened in on an oldies radio station here that the taxi I was riding in was playing. Well... some of the tunes were catchy, but... most of the lyrics we're... frankly speaking... nonsense...

Ok, i wil admit, i do like some country music...... i can listen to maybe one song in a month... then im tired of it lmao, but this last trip that i took..
the trip was 3 weeks long, we were traveling a total of 8 days 7 hours a day...and the only thing my grandma put on the bloody radio was COUNTRY omg i was going nuts!!!!! finally after the first day, i stayed up late and woke up early so i could fall asleep in the car while my grandma playes her music. i was so relieved when we got into resturants they were playing actual music! and my grandma had no controll over what music was played in the resturants!! so i was soo happy... and then we got to her sons house, basicly an uncle to me.... and he is in a band a rock band, and man was i relieved....my uncle has an xbox and you can load music into it and play the music as background music instead of a games sound effects, so we loaded some of the music he likes and played Star Wars battlefront two... lol i would not leave the room where the music was i was relieved....

then on the way home, she stumbled across an ooldies station.. omy goodness music from the 40's and 50's sheesh.. then she poped in her Josh TUrner CD and played it 4 times over...
so you could say i am a bit tired of country music.. i am stalked up for the rest of my life with it....
*puts headphones back on and bobs head to KoRn*

I used to not really care about country music, i didnt hate it, or like it but since i had to spend two years going back and forth listening to country music because the person who gave me a ride ONLY listened to that type of music, and only ONE country station. So it was the same songs every day, basically at the same hour, and i was crammed in a crappy smelly car. So now i hate it with a passion, everytime i hear it , i seriously want to carve my ears out.

Well, I don't care for the twangy hill billy bluegrass type of Country. I have some favorite singers on my list that happen to be considered country, but usually they are artists that have crossed over with pop hits at one time or another: Ann Murray, Shania Twain, Lee Greenwood, etc. My husband is a Johnny Cash, Randy Travis and Willie Nelson fan. I can also take some of their songs.

I heard a joke once about country music. "Do you know what happens when you play a country song backwards?" :) The guys wife comes back to him, he finds his dog, his truck gets fixed and he wins a poker pot that replaces his lost money. :P

Country music is all my gran ever listens to!It drives me completly insane! I can't take it!The music is just so irritating! :)

Country music is all my gran ever listens to!It drives me completly insane! I can't take it!
The music is just so irritating! :)

really :P lol i would have never guessed :P

hehe, but it seems there are quite a few people here on Xisto who think that country music is a bit blah, and im glad and sald i dont have another vacation until next summer, im glad because no 7 hours of straight country, and im mad because no long trip with my grandma :P

i'm sorry to say i hate country music it just that whole really anniying tune they all have , to me this tune almost sounds the same in every sigle country song so that is the first thing that really gets to me the other being that the singer usaually has a really irratating voice it seems to be a prerequiste to be a country singer. that is just my view on the whole country scene but if guys like that go for it and listen to it i'm sure there are alot of guys that would not like what i listen to either so it is up to the person listening to the music depending on what type of music they will listen to !!

Ugh, I kind of know the feeling. I find country music alright, I can normally stand a few songs, but I can't stand the really strong country music at all. Some of the bus drivers at my University listen to country stations and it drives me nuts when I have to sit on the bus for 15 minutes listen to strong country music. Anyway just so I have a reason to say I don't like country music, its because I find most of the lyric they sing about rather repetitive, kind of like rap music. They all seem to sing about the same subjects which I have always found rather annoying. Com'on people break out the creativity cells for pete sakes. :)

i'm sorry to say i hate country music it just that whole really anniying tune they all have , to me this tune almost sounds the same in every sigle country song so that is the first thing that really gets to me the other being that the singer usaually has a really irratating voice it seems to be a prerequiste to be a country singer.
that is just my view on the whole country scene but if guys like that go for it and listen to it i'm sure there are alot of guys that would not like what i listen to either so it is up to the person listening to the music depending on what type of music they will listen to !!

from your first 4 words i am thinking that maybe you didn't understand the post? i said i hate it too..

anywahs, yeah country does suck lol

creativity cells in country or rap? haha please, they will never have creativity!

Last weekend i took a trip to ClearLake with my grandma and family, and i got stuck with my grandma (stuck not ina bad way) and guess what we listened to?!?!