xisto Community
squeaky

Splinter Cell Series Vs. Metal Gear Solid Series Opinions?

Metal Gear Solid is a fantastic game, it's a work of art rather than a work of propaganda which Splinter Cell is, Splinter Cell is so politically cliche it's disguisting, one dimensional characters, and just bland storytelling. The game is fun for a short time, but the entire setting is so drab it's laughable. Snake is a well rounded character, while Sam fisher is a nobody perhaps only to fanboys. To further the point of one of the earlier posters, most of the people stating MGS is worse than Splinter Cell haven't played the game, one of the proponents for Splinter Cell even stated that prior.

"So even without knowing what Metal Gear is, I'm going to say thatSplinter Cell wins, because I've only found one or two games that beatIt." He argues my point for me here. Splinter Cell is a hollow series, Metal Gear Solid always seems to churn out works out art. 

-reply by Robert Bradley

Splinter Cell is the best. One major reason is that the game won't bore you like MGS, and IN Splinter Cell, you can go rushing enemys 90% of the time, if your not the stealthy type, its hell good fun.But in Metal Gear its just not realistic to put a box over your head and pretend the guard doesn't see the same box in a different location and wouldn;t notice. That's just stupid.But I heard when they bring out the new Crysis, [this is after Crysis Warhead] it will involve a stealth feature similar to Splinter Cell, yes it already has cloak. But NPC's will react to scenarios and sounds made by the Character. More interactivity = more fun. Good on Crytek. I wonder will that splinter cell: conviction ever come out. lol :P

Edited by cicala (see edit history)

Splinter Cell vs Metal GearSplinter Cell Series Vs. Metal Gear Solid Series

Damn why are you guys making me choose between the TWO BEST GAMES EVER! I really don't want to choose because I am very protective about these two games..But if you put a gun to my head and made me choose one it would have to be Splinter Cell!!

-reply by Antonio SmithKeywords: splinter cell vs metal gear solid

MGS VS SCSplinter Cell Series Vs. Metal Gear Solid Series

MGS FTWOk first off, mgs started and mastered the stealth element of gameplay biggining in the early 80's. So without mgs, no splinter cell. Mgs will go down as one of the greatest and most memorable franchises in the history of gameing. No exaggeration. Mgs4 is the greatest game ive ever played. Ive yet to find a flaw. IGN gave mgs4 A PERFECT 10. IGN has only given out around 5 perfect ten games since the original zelda. Mgs has the best and most entrancing story lines i have ever experienced. Splinter cell is a horrible cliche mgs ripoff that has had a drawn out and sub par catalogue of games come out since the original. And to the guy that said sam could kill snake? snake would tranq him and slit his throat while he sleeps. All while smoking his favorite brand of cigs. MGS NO CONTEST-reply by XxBIGTIMBERxX

... Ugh.. This is a waste of time, there are Fan boys of both series that would kill each other over this question. Having played and beaten all recent update to the series. I'm going hands down to MGS, Much more enticing story line with actual depth and character development. Splinter Cell while being very enjoyable, I found the story and characters to be very hollow and cliche. Hideo Kojima loves easter eggs and giving to his players, creating awesome memorable moments,and adding onto the series' replayability. Splinter Cell is turning into the action movie cliche, betrayed and now revenge. I am looking forward to the new Splinter Cell, but I will enjoy the games on a different level, Comparing it to MGS4 will most likely kill off splinter cell if you think of it in that comparison. What is most likely and probably sadly true is that, those of you who are saying Splinter Cell most definitely beats Metal Gear Solid probably have never played through the series. Either that or your just a fan boy with a rod stuck up your ***. I enjoy both games. Just don't compare them.

MGS :DSplinter Cell Series Vs. Metal Gear Solid SeriesI agree with dragonpurse. Metal Gear is the greatest game series I ever played. I beat all of them and I love the story more than any movie I seen. MGS4 is the best out of all of them in my opinion. :D-reply by Jimbo is SB

Splinter Cell Vs Metal GearSplinter Cell Series Vs. Metal Gear Solid Series

Ok, for those people who say Metal Gear Solid isn't realistic, and isn't a 'real' stealth game. Have you even played MG? ._." and if you have, I bet your one of those people who didn't even finish the game, let alone touch the 'Extreme' Difficulty setting... I mean of course, the game has some fictional elements in it, but so does splinter cell. 

Don't get me wrong, SC is a great game, and I did enjoy playing the series. But when it comes down to it, MG is just more fun. I played MGS3 2 times and MGS4 4 times, trying to get all discover all the easter eggs ( Big Boss Face Camo, anyone? ) But after one play through of SC:the, I felt like I've had enough. The extra unlockable equipment was not worth the 2nd play through

@Alex Cicala and people who say MG's AI is worse than SC, I bet you never played pass the easy difficulty setting, because I can assure you. The AI of MG is far superior of SC. You can't just hide in a cardboard box, it isn't that easy anymore. The enemy's sense of sight and sound increase by tenfold, and suddenly everything isn't so 'fake' anymore.

@squeaky and others who say MG doesn't require that much stealth, MG requires way more stealth than SC. Just put up the difficulty and you'll find that what I'm saying is the truth.

@Jman18 and everyone one who says SC's story is more 'realistic', Yea, fine. The story of SC is more realistic, I'll give you that. But who said realistic was better. Is there some sort of rule? If the more realistic, the better. Then games like Bayonetta, Prototype, Batman:AA, infamous, Metroid, Rachet and Clank and Final Fantasy must be sh*t. (Just some unrealistic games of the top of my head)

-reply by BIg Boss

I do like the Metal Gear Solid Series the most. SC just seems too dark. It's a game that needs to played at night with the lights off and shades closed just so you can see the screen. Metal Gear has a much more diverse map.

Replying to huskerYou've never played it!? Or heard of it!? Wow when it comes to stealth games MGS is where it starts. I don't know how anybody can rip on this game it is sick in ways I haven't seen in another game. The strategy and patience it takes to pass this game is far beyond anything I've seen. If you don't think so than I guess you've never played MGS on extreme difficulty if I didn't have the bonuses from passing Metal Gear on the normal and hard settings I wouldn't have come close to passing MGS on extreme.

I think comparing these games is like comparing apples and oranges, in my opinion i think they belong to different genres.Splinter Cell is more like a tactical espionage simulation game, characters, equipment, actions and the storyline are not very different from real world.You don't encounter superhumans, mechas, sci fi stories etc, and when you get two bullets you are dead.On the other hand Metal Gear series are stealth action games that include things you can not encounter in real world, sci-fi storyline, psychic, cyborg or superhuman enemies, mechas, robots etc...These two games reflect the different philosophy of Japanese and Western games. Japanese audience for the most don't like over-realistic simulation games, they prefer fantastic plots and gameplay fun over realism. Did you consider why there isn't any realistic flight or military simulation made by Japanese.