xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TypoMage

Making A Site Is it hard?

Do you have to know html and java and all that stuff to make a website. Because I do no have the time.(Or patience) If you don't or do please tell me. Also I heard of things like Dreamware and some other stuff.What exactly is that? Thankyou

Dreamweaver is a program that helps you make an HTML site, PHP system/site. and etc. If you arnt that good with html you should probly download a crack ver of Dreamweaver and practice with it. Because you do have to know HTML or PHP to run a good site. or you can use websites that automatically give you a free layout and you can just post what ever u need to post. Example: http://www.webs.com/ i first started off there because i didnt know anything about websites. then after a while i switched over to advance HTML, then started to learn PHP, MYSQL and etc. and now im pretty smart in those areas :) .but since you have no "patience" then you cant make a website :P

Dreamweaver is kind of advanced for the beginner. I'd rather you start out with MS Frontpage. Building from there is quite straight forward, very easy to maintain, and you can build your site with little knowledge of html.

If you'd like a few neat stuff to put into your website, I'd recomend http://www.dynamicdrive.com/. Trust me, Its cool. There's tons of free scripts lying around the webspace, its a matter of you trying to find it. If a dog is a man's best friend in life, in the web, your best friend is google (https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl - if you don't know that is).

Here's a forum that might help you out in HTML: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/8780-html-tags-and-examples-condensed-form-of-course-from-my-site/

Now, once you get the hang of HTML, and want to try something more advanced, try PHP. Its a server-side script, so make sure your hosting server support PHP before designing a web with it. Its kinda like C programming (kinda)... so if you are familiar with the syntax and the rules of C, learning PHP would be easier.

One great advantage of PHP is it's MySQL support. MySQL is a free Database Server. Very cool for form handling and ect...

If you are new and want to tinker around with HTML, PHP and MYSQL, I'd recomend you installing your own server (just for tinkering around with it). I'm not very well-versed in installing a Linux server, but for Windows, I'd recomend you using Apache, PHP and MySQL. You can get them at:

1) Apache (HTML Server)

2) PHP (PHP Parser for HTML Servers)

3) MySQL (Database Server)

4) MySQL Gui (Gui Administration for MySQL)

Read the instructions CAREFULLY as you install them, usually, the installation is quiet confusing especially when intergrating Apache with PHP, but there's your best friend, Google, around to help you with that. :P

Oh yes, before I forget, there's a good program on the web called SwishMax. Its for making your very own flash animations to put on your site. It's not free, but I tell you, It's REALLY worth it.

Swish site

That's all for now. With all the information I've given, you should be able to create a good website. Drop me the URL when its ready yeah? :)

Edited by zulfa7155 (see edit history)

Learn html and php.They both very good coding langueges with many functions to make your web/wap site look good.Also to make your web/wap site even better you should add a database to it,to learn how to do this read and study about mysql.

Thankyou everyone for the help :) I would probably go with easiest one. I have tried freewebs but changed.So just tell me which one is more simple. Thankyou :P

I have a website on Xisto what now? When I look at the cpanel :) I go crazy. Where can you learn more about the cpanel? Send me a link of a guide or a info page anything would help. It is really wierd can someone teach me about some of these things like all of the options because I don't understand it.

Well, it depends. If your really new at making sites, go with piczo. If you use friendpages, you will have to use HTML completley. It's very difficult, because everything you want to put on your site (besides writing) has to be uploaded. & if you want to have a lot of pictures, that can get very annoying. Plus, you cant make as many pages as you want. In piczo though, you can make so much more things, and it has a help button too, so thats also quite helpful if you would like to figure out how to do something. So, I think since you were saying you dont have that much patience, you should go with piczo. In piczo, it has a button to upload pictures, a button to write text, you can make shoutboxes, etc. In friendpages they just have a place where you put codes. Well, I hope I've helped. Sorry, Im not sure about the dreamware.

Well does it have a cost is it yourname.com or yourname.piczo.com because that is not good enough for me.I have had many previous host and I have turned them all done so give me detail on this pizco.Sorry if I spelled it wrong. I am looking for something really easy. Most of my previous host were.Hard to understandCost moneyAll of the sites made by them looked similar(No custom designs all premade)Tell me all the details :)

No you do not need to know html or java to make a webpage. Just look at all those myspaces and no one on there really knows what they are doing. You can use programs like dreamweaver, front page, etc. to design a site without any coding ability or you can use an online template and just add the content where they tell you. It isnt hard but it may take time to find the software that you like the best and you think is the easiest

Yes that is where I first went it was a really goos site :) But is that all the html? There has to be more.I mean I know most of the basics. But makeing a website with just that? Is there more to that site that I missed? If there is a different website to learn html for free please tell me thanks.

you must have the patience if you want to get something done well...i learned making my websites basiaclly just through experimenting and just gaining experience...i first used freewebs which gave me a visual editing program to make my site that way which is very easy but then i wanted to get alittle bit more professional so i moved onto html....first i downloaded myself a html template then i would load it up into my server...as my index page...then i used it and change codes around to see what kinds of an affect it would make on my site....i found out soo many thing doing that....although went through alot of trouble having to fix things and get things the way i want....and fortunately i can say i dont not regret going through all of that becuase the things i know now is great becuase i feel i know alot about website managment and development now....and thats what im getting into as my career AND graphic designing =)

If you know basic HTML and a bit about Javacript,PHP,CGI etc. You will be Okay. I owned free sites and trust me its a long process especially if you have tons of content,but if you are just wanting to make a small site then it won't be as hard to deal with. And if you don't know HTML then there are always tutorials on the web where you can learn.My site will have lots of content so its going to take me a while to get set up,but the process of making it is so exciting.I hope I helped ya. :)

Use google to learn more about creating a site.Example you want to learn more about cpanel,go to google and type something like "cpanel tutorial" then read and study the tutorials.It's a great way to start.Good luck :)

Well thanks alot everyone but is there a place where it teaches you everything about html?I have heard of javascript and all of that stuff. Which one is better? I personally am getting used to html.So can someone tell me which one would be better to make a website? My website will include games,videos,and loads of pictures. What should I use to make it?