xisto Community
JasperIk

They Will Never Find A Cure For Aids

According to me they never should find a cure for AIDS, the humanity has gone crazy after sex and has lost their diginity, honour, manners and everything for this. This is the only fear that keeps most of us form entering into Illegal relationships and prostitutions.

Wait, you're saying they shouldn't find a cure because AIDS is supposed to be a plague? That's very short-sighted of you, since many completely innocent people get AIDS either from birth, from not realizing it exists (as in third-world countries), or even from unintentional contraction (i.e. partner/spouse lied or they were raped).

As for there being no cure, I'm positive that there will eventually be some kind of cure, even if it means the use of nanobots that physically destroy the virus. It will come eventually. Soon AIDS will take the course of smallpox (in being mostly extinct, I mean).

According to me they never should find a cure for AIDS, the humanity has gone crazy after sex and has lost their diginity, honour, manners and everything for this. This is the only fear that keeps most of us form entering into Illegal relationships and prostitutions.

People make honest mistakes, do you think someone who has HIV, or gets it...thinks "hey, i think i am going to have sex today, hopefully i will come down with something that will make my life a living hell", they don't and if they do :) getting HIV, is the least of my concerns for them. People can Get HIV, at anytime, from any person, no matter how many times they have sex. Its like the game on computers, where you click the squares, and try to avoid the bomb, you may end up clicking the bomb the first time around, or maybe never...or in the middle of the game.

Not to sound like one of those optimistic people, but in my opinion I do believe we will find a cure for AIDS and HIV. They said we would never find a cure for Small Pox, but we did. Same thing with Polio. However, I do think there is a cure for the problem already. I think people need to be tested more often for the virus. As long as those people who are infected don't spread it the virus will disappear. I'm not saying quarantine people is the answer to the issue. Its just that I think the main reason this has become a problem is, because of people lack in responsibility in getting tested and if they test positive for the virus to not spread it to other people. I even think people who go off and spread the virus without knowing they had it in the first place are just as bad as spreading it and know you have it. If you are planning on going off and having sex with multiple partners, then you should get tested at least once a month. If you come up positive for the virus, its your job to go and get a hold of your partners and tell them they may have the virus too and to get tested.

Unfortunately, AIDS, even being one of the most deadly STDs, is the only one that doesn't have to be tested for and, if one tested positive, does not have to be announced as such.

You can all bank on there never being a cure for HIV, AIDS or cancer, at least not anytime soon. The politics are for more complicated than the science. Be logical, would Walmart make a move that would put them out of business overnight to feed or clothe their customers? Answer, NO...If the pharm companies put out a cure tonight, billion dollar industries would be extinct over night. What need would there be for all those HIV AIDS cancer fund, national cancer institute ect, the BILLIONS the pharm companies make with drug therapies...Answer is, there would be no need...This is about money no life, you really think the CEO of merk gives a **** about you? heeeeeeeeeeelllllll no it is a BUSINESSSSSSSSSSSSS

-reply by future

Surely, HIV is tricky, and reactions from every one is different to it, but one thing is common that is the mechanism this virus works with in the body. Science and biotechnology are chasing it constantly and there have been some really important milestones which make me optimistic, that it will be just like normal disease some day. Curable and in control. Recently there was a case in Europe in which after the bone marrow transplant the affected patient after 2 years showed no signs of presence of HIV in his body. Bone marrow transplants, neuro and nano medicines are definitely going to help out in finding a cure to this dangerous disease.

Not all Stem Cell Research is bad.They Will Never Find A Cure For Aids

Replying to JasperIk

Not all stem cell research is bad JasperIk. Only the EMBRYONIC stemcell research is bad - which involves the destruction of a human life.There are other researches on stem cells which have produced actualcures and do not involve murdering babies. There is the ADULTstem cell research which has produced actual cures and in no way isunethical or controversial -- in no way it involves the destruction ofa human life - they take stem cells found in your skin or other partsof the body. There is also PLACENTAL stem cell research whichthey obtain out of the placenta and the embryonic cord right after thebaby is born - it is also completely ethical - no human life is harmedin any way and these stem cells have also produced actual cures. The problem is that the media does not cover these breakthroughs. They are only covering the "potencial cures"that the embryonic stem cell research could produce, which at thispoint is just hypothetical and no actual cures have been found with theactual research that has been done with embryos. On that note a kid inthe middle east that was treated with embryonic stem cells to cure sometype of spinal pathology ended getting spinal cancer from theexperimental "treatment". I don't see the need to harm human "embryos" or "blastocyst" (I call them HUMAN BEINGS because that's what they are -- I used to be one of "those"too at sosme point). And I don't care how sick or ill I get from anydisease, I would NEVER get a treatment that involves the life ofanother human being -- I could never live with myself. As faras animal research goes, I am not completely against it, but I amagainst the unethitcal treatment of animals. If you get an animal fortesting you should treat it with dignity and respect that they deserve,not some kind of inanimate object to do as you please. You should alsotreat the animals which in no way causes pain or unnecessary suffering.

-reply by Brian

The reason it is not as harmful in Africa is because most of those people also have to deal with Sickle-Cell Anemia.  The malformed red blood cells are not as conducive to HIV transmission as normal cells are...The shape (flat, arrow like) prevents the receptor sites from being recognized by the virus.  No recognition means no replication.

Please, try to know what you guys are talking about before you start all this talk about HIV conspiracy theories.  One person saying "no it really happened like this" should only be grounds for investigation, not full blown attacks on your governments stance on an issue.

Well, I have heard about a poll in U.S where people were asked if they were afraid of AIDS. And the results told that people are no more afraid of AIDS. As far as I know AIDS is caused by a virus and is not killing people. It is killing the white blood cells, which are responsible for fighting against germs and infections. So any kind of simple infection that reaches the body is lethal. I don't know if there will be a cure for AIDS. But prevention is a good cure.

At some point, it may become possible to eliminate HIV. But as long as we can be careful to not get it in the first place, there's no need to worry about it. One great thing about HIV is it's so easy to avoid: just don't mix blood with other people. :P

I hate to sound cynical but some people have a theory that the reason aids hasn't been cured is because there is way too muchmoney and profits in manufacturing drugs for it.The pharmaceutical companies make them and the healthinsurance and government agencies pay for them.

Edited by networker (see edit history)

I hate to sound cynical but some people have a theory that the reason aids hasn't been cured is because there is way too muck
money and profits in manufacturing drugs for it.
The pharmaceutical companies make them and the health
insurance and government agencies pay for them.

I thought their already was a cure for aids. Although it is exteamly expensive, timeconsuming, and is unique to everyperson. I remember seeing an exibit about it at the Museum where I live a few years ago. It had something to do with y cells.

I thought their already was a cure for aids. Although it is exteamly expensive, timeconsuming, and is unique to everyperson. I remember seeing an exibit about it at the Museum where I live a few years ago. It had something to do with y cells.

I never knew of a cure for AIDS. I know they have ways of slowing down HIV, but I don't think there's a cure.

There is not a PUBLIC cure for AIDS.
There are treatments which reduce the replication of HIV, its propagation. This way the progress of the disease is slowed down, and so are opportunist infections less likely to happen.

I really don't know the cure but, as networker said:

there is way too muchmoney and profits in manufacturing drugs for it.

So, let's imagine there is a cure.
Who invented it? A pharmaceutical lab maybe, or perhaps an university lab.
Who funded this investigation? These days, in the US and Europe even more, a private company or foundation. (Ever heard about Bologna Process?)
What does drug industry want? They're no saints fellows, they have the same "goal" as any other industry: to make money.
Finally, what is more profitable? Selling a some pills or a whole life-long treatment?

I wish I were wrong.

There is not a PUBLIC cure for AIDS.There are treatments which reduce the replication of HIV, its propagation. This way the progress of the disease is slowed down, and so are opportunist infections less likely to happen.

I really don't know the cure but, as networker said:

So, let's imagine there is a cure.
Who invented it? A pharmaceutical lab maybe, or perhaps an university lab.
Who funded this investigation? These days, in the US and Europe even more, a private company or foundation. (Ever heard about Bologna Process?)
What does drug industry want? They're no saints fellows, they have the same "goal" as any other industry: to make money.
Finally, what is more profitable? Selling a some pills or a whole life-long treatment?

I wish I were wrong.

I think if there was a known cure we would know it. You can't discover a cure and then keep it secret; it will leak.

It may be that people are not researching into finding a cure, but I doubt that there is a cure. Scientists don't want to keep their findings secret, they want everyone to know.