xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FallenSage

How Can I Optimize Loading Time Of My Website? Running Slow Lately

My site has been running pretty slowly lately and I'm not sure why. I was wondering if it's you or are there certian things that I put on there that would make run slowly. I mean about every other time I try to veiw a page after waiting 30 seconds I just get a white screen. :)It's not all the time though either. Other times it runs great even withe same pages. I don't know it comes and goes.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I visited your site and, yes, I thought it could use some speeding up, so here is a link to a site analyzer which will give you some ideas on where and how to reduce the loading times for your page. Basically, you should think about reducing the number of images and the "marquee" effects in odrer to make your site load faster.

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

It is my understanding that the script which you have chosen to use it as your web template is causing the slow load.For example, you banner SAGE GRAPHIX is 87,785 bytes. That is pretty huge for a banner. See if you can minimize the file size. Better yet, try turning it off and reload your page. Perhaps that will speed up your page load time (currently 3.22 seconds).Check for other heavy loading time of graphics or icons. Usually when a template uses lots of graphics, the fault is on the size of each graphic.

Yes, I would try to take off some images. The size of your index its 87k, its much but not too mutch, but maybe the images size its high. Try to take off some images, or if you want to keep all of them, divide the big images into some smaller ones. And try to take off some adornment scripts. Surely, the site will run faster.

Yes, the site loads fast but you have to wait while all the images of the layout appear and the distribution of your site changes. I personally would try something more minimalistic and with less marquees. You?ll get faster more attractive, friendly and better looking website.

If you have Firefox you should consider downloading the web developer extension. It has a button called tools in which you can view a speed report of your webpage any time you like. It shows you all the content its size and the loading time of the web page with different connection speeds. I really recommend it. I just did the speed report and it said that the page takes 56 seconds on isdn and 164 on 56k connection. Thats a long time for your visitors with slow connections. Thats over 2 minutes for the dial up ones! You should consider optimizing the images that are over 20k.

If you are using a CSS to display your current style, use CSSTweak (search for it on Google) to decrease its size. The size of the CSS can make a big difference in loading time.

Maybe try loading the page withought the shoutbox active - I'm not sure how yours is running, but some shoutboxes can drastically slow down the page loads...also maybe smallen images / other icons etc. plus you might result in a simpler looking site that is easier on the eye! :)good luck

it took a while for it to load, and i'm on cable. i can't imagin how long it would take on dial-up. your site is rather large. the images are all over the place. with this kind of site, you could leave the option of a "alternate design", this would be much more simple, for the users that don't really care about the layout. just an idea...

If you feel for some reason that the server speed is slow.

Please do a traceroute and check if there is any problem with the network path.

If things look fine, please contact livesupport at https://xisto.com/ and give them your server IP address and details.

Thanks.