xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bounda

Television In Your Eyes Or Brain Its coming..

I was watchin the discovery channel i think it was and they were showing these televisions as thin as paper, and if needed could be put into the EYE! I thought that this was AMAZING! Imagine your wife yelling at you and u just turn on your tv and watch that without her knowing LOL. You could have the news RIGHT AWAY without having to run to the tv. Who knows, will they have to attach a satellite to your head, or maybe stick a cable somewhere in you for... cable? We have soon to find out b/c the future is now!

Ya but what happens when your tv breaks and you need it to be fixed. I don't think that will be a big hit because then kids will be watching the television during school. Wouldn't you think though that you would see someone watching tv in their eye? Their eyes would reflect something or something would happen. I don't really think I would like the idea of having it in my eye in the first place.

I wouldn't like the idea of having a TV in my eye, it seems kinda creepy :P. How would you hear it too? It would either have to have a wireless connection to a speaker in your pocket or some headphones or something, but then it could get very loud somewhere like Oxford Street with people all listening to different TV channels. How would it be powered? I wouldn't like the idea of occasional brain surgery to stick a couple of AA batteries in my skull :)

hmmm the intention is a good one but you have to think about what will happen because of it. Like we don't get enough TV already let's stick one in our eyes for the go....lol. Another thing is that how in the world are we going to get signals to the lens on the eye because things sticking out of one's eye is creepy and not right. And another thing is that the money going into this is useless considering they are making hologram computers and cell phones. In my opinion if this is going to be made it should be useda as a spy tool for gov. agents

Something that small could probably be powered by the body's natural electricity (the same kind that powers certain artificial hearts). It would be neat, but I think I would prefer TV contacts so that one can remove them if one wishes.How would one control these TVs? What would happen to the heat they would create? What kind of detail would they have?

Well, this is all such a good and dandy topic but it does seem farfetched about this whole computer-in-your-eye-and-brain gig. Almost sorta like that one movie...yes, Final Cut with

Robin Williams. Weird movie too by the way...weird...

That is a really poor idea. People already watch TV far to much, and now you want to essentially add it to their bodies?!?I think that this, and all other body "implants" are going way to far.I don't recall the exact statistic, but American's already watch literally HOURS of TV a day!Maybe TV glasses would be OK for more immersion in the film/show, but this idea...Note: I'm not trying to personally attack you bounda. I just feel that this idea needs some work.

Edited by uiop (see edit history)

Well I'd buy one, actually no scratch that I just remembered theres very little worth watching on TV anymore. Anyway the ideas cool, just I personally wouldn't go the TV route, maybe if it could be attached to a computer somewho that would work but for TV I personally wouldn't go for it. If it was in glasses maybe but an implant is too risky, plus theres the cost of this technology, it isn't going to be cheap. Obvisously it's a far way off by now but currently while I can see the attraction for a lot of people I personally wouldn't go with a TV implant, an Implant that would allow me to stream videos from my PC / the Internet to my brain, now that I'd go for.

Well I'd buy one, actually no scratch that I just remembered theres very little worth watching on TV anymore. Anyway the ideas cool, just I personally wouldn't go the TV route, maybe if it could be attached to a computer somewho that would work but for TV I personally wouldn't go for it. If it was in glasses maybe but an implant is too risky, plus theres the cost of this technology, it isn't going to be cheap. Obvisously it's a far way off by now but currently while I can see the attraction for a lot of people I personally wouldn't go with a TV implant, an Implant that would allow me to stream videos from my PC / the Internet to my brain, now that I'd go for.

Ya I think I would go with the idea of a computer as well although it would be sort of hard to control but you know they now have new technology that does what you think and then you could use glasses and what not but really implanting into your eyes would be sort of wierd plus I don't watch tv anymore either. I really would like to know how you would hear it, would you have headphones coming out of your eyes and would you point a remote at your head to change the channel?

i dont think they'll be able to put tv in ur eyes... that sounds abit stpid. ur eyes wont be able to focus on something attached to it ; its way to close lol. i think this is mentioned in another topic on this forum, the technology is nteresting and i'd like to see where it goes as its refined. worksheets may become interactive, school learning might completely change. its quite nifty gizmo having paper thin television. ;o

i cant believe that they they got tv's thin enough to go in the eye... whoa but that wouldn't be a good idea, i mean it wouldn't be nice to have it there in the first place and people would just abuse it. eg when childeren are told by perents not to do somthing they would ignore them and it would lead to bad life style and not just for kids but for every one even in adult life think about when you go to a shop and your the customer and the guy be hide the till/ counter hasn't noticed that you need help becuz he is laughing away at a comdey thats on event though it looks like the guy is looking at you.... it just would't be a good idea dont you think