xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JField

10 Reasons Why People Don't Visit Your Web Site

well original content isn't really it, there are plenty of sites with similar content and they are doing great, free software..., i'm not a software engineer so i can't make anything they want, i can't make anything fllstop for that matter. a lot of websites don't offer prizes etc. and they are doing great, also i don't want to spend that much money. i have a directory that never gets used! also many sites don't have directories and they are doing great.e-zones are a bunch of ........ i hate them and i am totally against them, if people are smart and want them then just go to msn and sign up for a couple of theirs. i have a chatroom and message board, they are basically never used at all!i don't want ads on my site, if they want to advertise i'll set up a section on my never used board (like thats gonna help). i have a free search engine submission, they would normally go to google instead (duh), other utilities either cost to much or my audience don't want. i would supply the latest news if there are more people to read it, making it worth while.i do offer free samples, thats probally why the website gets any visitors.(since it's a music site i offer clips)basically theres one point there that works for me thats the last one, all he others are rubish.

I believe that original content is most important. Sometimes I'll look for information and I can't find it anywhere. I'm tempted to make a site that can offer that information even if I only have a bit of it.

Well obviously we are all trying to make websites, and there is simply too much competition. millions of sites out there just like ours, so the only way to succeed is to be original and unique which is very hard when your competition with so many.

All of the points in the original post are good I think as well as all the points in the replies. I really want to create a website that uses all or most of these things but I just can't think of any good ideas. I can do all the design and programming for it, I just have no ideas on subject matter. I'm not very imaginative in that area I guess. I can't think of original content. I hate writing web content (even though I CAN do it). If anybody wants to parter with me or start a group to make a nice site PM me. I will pretty much work on any site. I just need somebody else to come up with the idea for the topic and somebody to write most of the content maybe. I can do the design and programming.

Notice from serverph:
thanks to Paul: COPIED CONTENT from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/added quote tags. apparently banned by an ADMIN already for continued violations of Xisto forum rules & TOS. :P

Typical, you have to have everything free for peaple to to get near your site. The greed of people is unbeleiveable.

I personally join sites if they have an active forums and some sort of submissions area, where members post their videos or music. Mainly flash communtity websites I enjoy.

Well I must agree with these ten reasons and I will follow them however the biggest thing of all is that these ten reasons are good for just part of the web sites and they cannot be applied to anything more then that. Because development and reasons why people don't flock to you might be because of poor content and presentation of it. Designer sites are more appealing to people then just simple content presentation though geeks like simple content presentation. Eventhough one could say that this is just small beginning steps for the web sites there might be so many more reasons how to and why your site is lacking visitors.

The first tip is the most true. Why even have a website if you have no original content to share?I'm not too sure of the other tips. Whether the website offers them or not, I still visit it if it has original content that I enjoy looking at. I think it depends on your purpose for surfing the website anyway. Also, good advertising and exposure is more vital. If you offer all those freebies and nobody knows, you won't get your visitors. It's more important to carry out link exchanges and affiliation with other websites.

The first tip is the most true. Why even have a website if you have no original content to share?
I'm not too sure of the other tips. Whether the website offers them or not, I still visit it if it has original content that I enjoy looking at. I think it depends on your purpose for surfing the website anyway. Also, good advertising and exposure is more vital. If you offer all those freebies and nobody knows, you won't get your visitors. It's more important to carry out link exchanges and affiliation with other websites.

I certainly agree with you that it is prefarable to have web site with original content but I am for content that is presented also somewhere else however if you present it in new and ingenius way it may have the very same effect as if you would think of new content that is innovative. So I think that to the tops any sort of content that is presented in innovative and informative way can push web site up.

These issues are true but i believe there are more important reasons than some of these. First of all, if you site is not directed at an audience then no one will come. Also, if you have lots of ads, no one will come. Finally, if you do not link to other beneficial sites, no one will come because we all know web content is not always true and thus having reliable soures / partners is important

Thanks for the tips i'll take these reasons into consideration i usually join sites thats activeotherwise theres no reason for me to join, and i also join for the free downloads..

I agree with the options that you have there but lets say you have a gaming review web site. There is no way you would be able to get orginal content unless you have connections to get an exclusive interview or only here information. Another example will be if you are running a site that has to do with (neopets a site that i am currently making). It is tough to make game guides for the games that are on the site because there is going to be a site out there that is giving the same information but just in a diffrent way with a few diffrent words.What i do agree with thou is having stuff that is free. There are some websites out there that says please donate so we can keep the site up and running. Most of these sites are not even running servers or hosting things that people download on a regular basics. It should be your responsibilty on keeping your site up that is just what comes when you decide to make a site.