xisto Community
X-Master

Make The Internet Faster 500 Times ! Making most of your PC for a faster Internet

Well, I finally got round to trying it and doing the trial and all of that.The Jury is in and the virdict is...... drum roll please...... I didn't really see any difference.I have ADSL so no dial up restrictions. My ISP is one of the best in New Zealand etc etc etc. After the trial expired, my internet speed really doesn't seem any different.I also did their ISP submission thing to get a free license but they never even bothered to acknowledge my submission (after initially accepting my application) let alone send me a license.On top of this, when I uninstalled it, it killed my internet connection my corrupting my modem and network card drivers. :/My best advice - give it a go but run speed test several times (at the same times throughout the day) before and after installing it so you can make sure that it is *actually* improving your speed. If it works for you great - buy it. If it doesn't be very, VERY careful uninstalling it. If your internet connection dies after uninstall, trying reinstalling your modem/router and/all network card drivers (depending on how you connect to the net)(As a side note, they also told me that their software couldn't possible interfere with my computer which is obviously bollocks because my drivers were corrupted upon uninstall) - user beware!

So basically it is a expensive junk software that will mess up your computer if you uninstall that. Did you send a nasty email saying that it screw up your computer I would :lol:.$5 says theirs a programming error in the uninstall program that screw with the connection or somewhat. Anyways if I remember correctly in order to get a fast connection it has to do with how big your browser cache is. Meaning how many MB you put into the cache folder which stores the websites and the cookies.Internet accelerators don't promise faster speeds anyways, it's software that cache's websites better.

Yeah, I got fairly pi**ed off at them after they replied to my request for help (before I figured out what had gone wrong) with:

cFosSpeed does not affect any connections settings. It always just uses an existing connection.
May be the connection is broken for some other reason.

You could setup a new connection via
"START/Control Panel/Network connections" to check your connectibility.

I told them (with firm language) that it was a problem with their software not my computer :lol:
I would also like to point out that their advice was useless given my network connections were deleted along with corrupting my drivers which meant that I kept getting errors trying to set up a new connection.

there is NO WAY any software can get you increased internet/network speed1)if you are on 56k, the most you can get is 56k, your modem cant send/receive more than 56k period.2)if you are using adsl/cable, this speed is CAPPED by your ISP. For adsl i dont know but for cable, if you are good, you can increase your net speed with hacks. And i mean hardware hacks. Those kind that requires you to change your modem configuration, ie MAC ADDRESS to a someone else whos ISP plan is superior to yours. Then you will enjoy his net speed. However this is illegal and can be caught quite easily. (there cant be 2 same MAC address connected to the ISP..)Any software claiming increased speed is actually using other types of technology like caches. I dont know about the traffic shaping and finding the shortest loop thou.

What the company says it's software does is theoretically possible. My ISP has uncapped speeds so I get as fast as the line will provide, but again this is internet speed limited by hardware (much like with the 56k modem).The software doesn't alter what the hardware does, just stuff like packet handling. On a 56k modem, the most data your modem can handle is 56kb of information per second. The software supposedly just changes how that information is sent and received so your hardware isn't going to go any faster but you may still see an increase software side. Think of the difference between IE and Firefox. You can have exactly the same connection and yet get faster speeds on Firefox. Why? Because the software is different.This isn't to say that cFos Speed actually works - read what I said above and you'll see I didn't have a very good time with it, all I am saying is that it is theoretically possible and may work for some people.So pleeeease stop saying, "nope can't work because your speed is determined by hardware" - next time your itchy little fingers feels inclined to type something along those lines - just remember the difference between IE and Firefox and then try to explain that one away before you start mouthing off about other software.(I still hate cFos Speed btw)

woow 500 Time faster !i hope its truei have dialup account with phone line ( has very noise ) i think that software can not help me :lol:dear X-Master its use own protocol ?how we can download full version of this software ?thanks

woow 500 Time faster !i hope its true
i have dialup account with phone line ( has very noise ) i think that software can not help me :lol:
dear X-Master its use own protocol ?
how we can download full version of this software ?
thanks

Dude, read the posts above before you put your own 2 cents in otherwise your contribution to the thread doesn't make any sense!!

Lol, just another useless TCP tweaking program. I haven't seen a modem yet that could transfer (both ways at the same time) 44k yet and this software cetrainly wont push help it. The only way you might get some perfromance boost is if you do some good modding to an external modem and perhaps download some drivers and tcp settings that someone smarter than you has made. If this thing was able to do driver mods or override the rom settings on your modem or something then it might be worth a look. Save yourself time and money and just google yourself free programs and guides which are much better than this.

getting a 500 times speed is no way practical but even a 5 times the original speed is really cool,though i am not using this sick software which corrupts your drivers ,si may be i will follow the pc guide advice as given by someone earlier,changing some values in registry could make your speed really fast

Ok I'm with Thorned Rose on this one..... The software is complete crap.Installed it here were we run satellite broadband, I run several pc's over a network both wired and wireless. I installed it one one of our wired pc's and it actually reduced the transfer rate. and again while trying to uninstall the software it stuffed all my connection settings and drivers relating to the network.This software is not work the download little own the effort to install it or try and get it uninstalled.I wouldn't touch this software or even consider trialling it.just my opinion.

Just for the record, the 500 times faster internet thing ain't going to happen either. I used to work for Telstra Australia's leading telecommunications supplier... So I can assure you that the ISP's out there are not going to open up the transfer lines enough for your home pc to be sped up 500 times its just not going to happen. In some cases you might find that you can expect certain products or hardware capable of providing you with 3 - 5 times faster transfer rate, with a combination of several solutions and a good compression service you might find a service of 10x's faster but its rare and not very reliable.

Edited by Indego (see edit history)

Well I never thought that increasing 500 times the speed was even possible. This is like the elixir of eternal youth applied to Internet, am I wrong? :P Because the modem/router probably wouldn?t support it and because the only way seem to be cheating the company that provides you internet, and they would realise soon. And I don?t think any program could do this (make them provide you more speed paying the same).Useless junk.

this is not true, only a T1 line can carry such a bandwith, our normal cables cannot use this speed even if this software is for real. This is just a marketing trick. But definitely you'll see improvements in your connection speeds say 10%, because by default the OS allocates a percent of the bandwidh for its use, which goes wasted. So such type of softwares make changes in the settings and make the full bandwidth available for the browser, thus making the connection speed.