xisto Community
TheArrow

What Is Lucid Dreaming? And how to do it

Interesting topic. I had at least two of them, but the sad thing was that whenever I knew I was having a one, the time passed a lot faster. I can still remember one of those dreams where I remember saying "Omg I'm in a lucid dream!", and as soon as I was aware of that, I tried to do as many things as I could while in the dream, until it finally started to fade away to reality. Very strange. I could even feel the force that I was making in my eyes to keep them shut and keep mysef in the dream, but eventually I woke up.Be careful though, if you take this too much seriously, and I mean TOO much, you could end up with some crazyness or madness crysis, and you would want to sleep all the time only to go to the 'dream world' and eventually you would forget about the Real world. But of course, that's an extreme situation.Oh and by the way when you have the chance try to kill yourself in your dream to see how it feels like <_< Good luck.

Interesting. I sometimes have dreams that get preempted by the real world (my alarm clock, my mother's wake up call to me, just to name a few). I don't know about the controlling your dream bit. I mean sometimes I know that I'm dreaming and it's like I'm half awake and half asleep and I had tried changing the outcomes of my dreams but I don't know if that's that.

I might try the practicing real-world events in order to improve performance in them bit. <_<

Interesting. I sometimes have dreams that get preempted by the real world (my alarm clock, my mother's wake up call to me, just to name a few). I don't know about the controlling your dream bit. I mean sometimes I know that I'm dreaming and it's like I'm half awake and half asleep and I had tried changing the outcomes of my dreams but I don't know if that's that.

Yeah thats happened to me too. All this stuff is crazy. Killing yourself in a dream, that is also crazy, I wonder what would happen to you if you killed yourself, would you wake up? Or live in the dream like a ghost or something?

Wow this is a pretty cool idea. I mean I can control what I'm dreaming about but that's only day dreaming. I don't know if I've ever had a lucid dream before because I always have trouble remembering dreams. I mean I sort of want to try it but I don't kow if I should. Cause what happens when you get confused between a lucid dream and real life? I might give it a go when I have more time but right now I got other things to do. I will have to start reading little by little.

Yeah thats happened to me too. All this stuff is crazy. Killing yourself in a dream, that is also crazy, I wonder what would happen to you if you killed yourself, would you wake up? Or live in the dream like a ghost or something?
I can say something to you about that.

In one of the dreams I had past week (not a really a lucid one, and sorry for the strange example, but it was what I could get) I was fighting with some woman and trying to kill her (well, think of this as dreaming after playing a game). I was pretty aware of my actions to try to kill her, but she somehow managed to stick something into neck (ouch!) and then I began to feel like I was.. well, dying, and the dream began to slowly fade away to reality, where I slowly woke up with this strange feeling on my neck <_< .

That was a pretty screwed up dream, but I must have been so aware in that dream that I actually felt almost like real pain. I'm almost sure you can't continue any dream if you die (in it) and if it is a dream where you know that you are dying. If you're randomly dreaming about abstract things that don't make any sense then that is not the case.

Anyway, the feeling of the transition of the dream life to the real life through a death is quite indescribable. I don't want to imagine if that happens too if we die in real life, and slowly transition to the "surreal life", like it happens with real life dreams. Phew, forget about it! That's another department (paranormal) :ph34r:

I've had a couple of lucid dreams so far, but I didn't try to kill myself in any O_oI forget where I read it, but I read somewhere that if you die in a dream (and somehow manage to stay dreaming, although this is a very rare occurance, you usually wake up) that, if you concentrate hard enough, you can either 'resurrect' yourself by concentrating on feeling your heart start beating, or you can do a Prince-of-Persia-Style-Turn-Back-Time sort of thing, to the moments in the dream before you actually died.I.....don't think I want to try this, as the body is very sensitive about what the mind is doing, and I wouldn't want to have some freak accident where I dreampt that I died and I actually did!! O_oI think some of the more fun things to do in a dream (instead of killing yourself) include: Manipulating the environment (point at the sky and tell it to change colors O_o), Driving cars really fast, and summoning people you wouldn't normally see in real life, and flying. So far I've only managed to get a few feet off the ground for a minute, but its a weird feeling nevertheless...Good Luck!Oh yeah, and another point. Mastering dream recall is possibly THE most important part of learning to lucid dream. If you have a lucid dream and don't remember it, then you're basically screwed lol. The simplest and most effective way I've tried of remembering my dreams is to verbally and mentally repeat a phrase such as "I will remember my dreams" over and over until I drift off to sleep. Don't concentrate on it too much or you'll never fall asleep, but if you give your mind the message repeatedly, it will work. Last night I remembered three (yes.....count them.....Three) completely seperate and unrelated dreams. Unfortunately, none of them were lucid :)

Edited by TheArrow (see edit history)

Damn can anyone help me? I have taught myself to remember my dreams and wake up after my dreams are done (about 6 hrs after i fall asleep) but i can never seem to lucid dream i have tried many of the possible techniques and still nothing. I write my dreams done and everything. Can anyone help?

Patience! It will come with practice. It may take a few weeks, even months, for you to have your first lucid dream. Keep trying, because eventually the work will pay off!Make sure you have a single focus when you go to sleep: To be aware that you are dreaming.

Yah i know. I'm getting closer i can feel it. Because my body just wakes up when a dream is done now. So my body knows im dreaming and i want it to, but i just can't get my self to notice. I can't wait though

this is my first post for this website, but im hoping its a helpful one. At many of your local megamarts and what not you can actually buy supplements that allow you to lucid dream more frequently and even have the effects and feeling of lucid dreaming while half awake (useful in the long hours of school). This is not a narcotic and is 100% legal, plus lots of fun. I don't really remember the name of the product right now, but once i figure it out i will get back to yall.

wow. this seems like something that would be really fun :)*saves wikibook* hehe i'll post here when i get my first one (i'm optimistic) :rolleyes: