xisto Community
TheArrow

What Is Lucid Dreaming? And how to do it

I think what you describe is called lucid dreaming, it is possible, thats for sure, its not magic its just controlling your thoughts. One method you can try is to do something everyday as a sort of habit, the example i read was to check for your watch on the wrong arm or something, if you get into a habit then you might start doing it in your dreams and if you see your watch but its on the wrong arm it will eventually signal to you that youre dreaming. Thats the plan anyway. Ive never done it on purpose successfully but ive done it out of chance a couple of times, i woke up soon after though but it is possible, if you want to try it then google "Lucid Dreaming techniques" and such like

Yes, stressful dreams can be caused by television too. Watching too much tv can just imprint a thought into you and will just haunt you in your dreams.Don't watch TOO much tv, you can become very stressful.

Yes, stressful dreams can be caused by television too. Watching too much tv can just imprint a thought into you and will just haunt you in your dreams.
Don't watch TOO much tv, you can become very stressful.

Same thing goes for anything if you did it for the majority of the day. You can play video games to much and then that will be the only thing going through your mind and you can't get it out. (i speak from personal experience)

I've just finished a Psychology class at a community college and nothing was ever said about learning lucid dreaming. I personally don't think you can just learn it and just decide that you're going to have a lucid dream. Most of my dreams are lucid dreams, yet I haven't done anything to "make" myself get them. This is just another pseudoscience that can't be proved in any way.

People tend to think it is just a myth and is merely "impossible". It's not, it IS real. They don't concentrate well enough and really don't believe. I think its the 90 hour long parties that do it aswell :P .

Lucid dreaming scares me. i would hate to not know the difference between the 2. I mean think about it, if you had to pinch yourself everytime you wanted to make sure you were awake. Or be walking down the street and see someones face melt off..... I mean could you honestly be able to tell the difference? What if you thought you could fly and wound up diving into a brick wall? The whole idea of it jst scares me

Lucid dreaming, though the concept sounding very extra ordinary and catchy, I would not dvelve in it until I am in the clear aof any side effects of it. Controlling your dreams and what you do in it and the Out of body experience that you may have may be really fascinating but considering what Radioactive said a few pages back, that once you are very much into the dreams part, You may become really addicted to it and may be wanting to go to the dream state again affecting your real world. Theres another thing about sleep paralysis and as Voidless Shadows mentioned that he had it once or something. I may advise the people that though very much fascinating, please check all the possibilities of it affecting you before trying it. Don't do it just for kicks and fun. It may be hazardous to you.

alright everyone i have an experiment i would like to propose to anyone who comes along this post and sees the logic behind this in a lucid dream, a few actually. since i am not yet capable of inducing a lucid dream on purpose and only fall into them, i would very much like any information regarding these particular subjects.one (changing the real world version, of you):while most people only do the simple things in dreams, such as fly, move things with their mind, change the way they look. i propose that very real things may be done while inside of the lucid dream.they way i propose these things may be done is by summoning, or conjuring a version of your sub-conscious mind inside of the dream, and telling, or asking it what you want it to do. in hypnosis, which some of you may, or may not believe in at all. the sub-conscious is asked something simple and the response is givin in full, such as a memory you may have repressed, that is being shown before your eyes, you cannot lie under hypnosis, and things can be subjected into your mind, such as the idea that you no longer wish to smoke, things of the sort.so if you were to conjure a version of yourself, that looked like yourself, but was actually your sub-conscious, and were that detailed in creation, could you not create a version of your sub-conscious that you could actually talk to? and then if you could, ask it to change something about yourself? or recall for you a memory and have that memory displayed in high definition around you? for example, could you quit smoking this way? could you cut down on eating this way? could you make yourself drivin to finish a project on time, even though you usually procrastinate? ive looked around on the web and have found no answers to these questions, the only actual knowledge surfing the web at the moment is a few radical religious ideas (example: mirrors being gateways into hell, into the soul, blah blah blah) and the idea of stopping time and living a lifetime in your dream (actually quite interesting to me as ive succeeded in doing this with a simple voice command. as directed by a well known lucid researcher who had many radical ideas that were all left un-tested and "proven" false by the mass public simply because the ideas were simply, for the time, to crazy. but then we must all remember, that at one point in time, it was crazy for the world to be round, and it was crazy for the earth not to be the center of our galaxy. people were indeed killed for those "radical ideas" and as such, they went untested for such long periods of time, that it slowed our progress as the human race. to be honest, im not sure of this researchers name anymore as its been far too long since ive looked into this subject to remember, but too long have these questions gone unanswered in my head. "radical ideas" experiments:Changing something about yourself in reality: this experiment requires you to in some way conjure your sub-conscious, make it prove itself to be your sub-conscious in some way, and then ask it to change something about you, and then ask its responce. then force yourself to wake up (example for a way to wake up: in my dreams i conjure a box, a jack in the box actually (not the resteraunt) its a box where you spin the handle on the side of the box until eventually a clown comes out, in my dreams, i make the object that will appear completely random, simply by using that word in my mind, my mind understands the word random, and the fact that i want to wake up, and when the box finally opens after spinning for a long enough period of time, i am opening my eyes)"stopping time": it was once proposed that you could stop time inside of a dream to elongate a dream by making your mind create and perceive at a faster rate. not so everything is going in fast motion, if both of those objects were sped up at once, you would be viewing time at a faster rate in reality but processed at the same rate in your mind, this was actually introduced in a recent movie called "inception" but levels of dreams are very much non-existant, instead the proposed way of going about doing something like this, would be to simply look at a clock and force the hands to start moving at a slower rate, or to stop completely. this is how it was proposed, and if you think any more on the subject and a way it might be done, please post it here. the man who originally proposed this idea, said that he had lived 2 weeks inside of a 1 hour long sleeping period, and to me, that sounds like a very large extension of life. just think, if you could live 2 weeks per 1 hour of sleep.this means that living sleeping only 5 hours a night, you would be living 1680 hours more a night in your dream, but only, as a god.to give you the math in larger numbers 1 night : 1680 hours5 nights: 8400 hours364 nights: 611520 hours more yearly to convert thatthats living 25,480 days extra a year as a god.and thats living roughly 821.9 more months a year as a god.and thats living 68 more years. every year, as a god.so, thinking that most people will live to 60, you would actually in your mind have lived to be : 4109.67 years old.this is why the idea seemed radical. but it is in fact very possible but maybe not to this scale, but even adding an extra hour per hour, or 30 minutes, is still another lifetime added onto yours.anyways let me know if these ideas interest anyone and if anyone attempts them, please let me know how they work out, as a side note about stopping time, a simple way of using a voice command inside of a lucid dream to stop time, would be to look at a clock, and say stop, or freeze, when this happens the clock should stop, and so should everything around you, to get things moving again, and not the clock, simply re-create the scene, and keep the clock in place, with its hands stopped. sorry i am out of time so i have to add, dont simply speak the word stop, scream it at the top of your lungs.