xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alucart13

The Truth About Apple Users?

How can this be a truth, as you have no proof this will happen. Also, how can you compare a corporation that creates mainly hardware to a web-based-company based off of a search engine? There is no easy way to measure their popularity in comparison to eachother. Apple is currently rising in popularity as people notice that it isn't all that different to Windows with basic functions, but then again, Linux is also on the rise.

First off- Ipods suck, they only last a year and a half. A player such as Sandisk can last up to 5 or 6 years easy.

I heard from many iPods that are over 3 years old, so I don't think you should generalize this...

Uhh... really now? First of all, Ipod is a hardware. Google is a website. If you're going to make predictions like that, at least back it up with proof. Microsoft will always be popular no matter how many people put it down or rant about it. It was like Man's First Step on the Moon. I don't have anything against Apple. I think they're quite promising, actually... But I don't think they can gain instant popularity either. It just takes time... Who knows? Maybe after a few decades, Apple will be the one on top. (But please, don't compare it to Google. I agree with rvalkass... You can't compare a web company to a mostly-hardware one.)

I think Linux will be the one on top in a few years. Why? because its customized to fit every persons needs. Right now it is very difficult for a novice user to get into Linux, he will have to read a lot, but in the future I bet there will be linux versions as easy to install as windows. Linspire will also rise too.

Well as far as easy installing, they have a Live CD you put in your computer and boot off of, which is the main kernel of Linux, and it's called SLAX. You download an .iso file of it and burn it as an image to a blank CD and just reboot your computer with it in the drive and boot off it, either by changing your boot settings in your BIOS screen or temporarily changing it with one of your function keys. Iti also supports internet, and has other features the main build of Linux does.

First off- Ipods suck, they only last a year and a half. A player such as Sandisk can last up to 5 or 6 years easy.

Well actually I've had mine for two and half years and it's still working great. So I think that it was just yours lol. And whenever I've had any other brand (and believe me I've had alot) they never worked as good as my iPod.

I bet the ammount of money Google earns (withoud substracting what they spend) is very reasonable, Google virtually owns the internet market with their innovative idea's and stable and lightweight coding found in there products like the Google Search and Google Mail...

Wait a sec, did we just compare Google to Apple? Thats like comparing a telephone to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Until Google becomes a manufacterur of computers or Apple decides to down size to a search engine, it just doesnt work. And on the topic of Apple vs. Microsoft, microsoft iss just easy to use, and while a pc is great for most peoples needs (ie gaming, office work, and simple tsaks), Apple is more built for the more creative person (ie music, webdesign, art). And ipods are undoubtably the highest quality mp3 player on the market. And finally, on the topic of linux, it is superb, but again you cant compare that to Apple. If you wanted to compare Linux to the Mac OS X Tiger, that would make more sense.

ipods are good, infact its aboyut the oly thing apple has done right market-wise. the applemacs are a waste of time. they can't be use dwith lots of games and other software. I hink apple shoudl give up trying to become the standard of the internet, coz microsoft so obviously has won that battle. applemacs have to be intergratable with all the other software out there to stand a chance.

Apples arnt designed to be used as internet toys, & there isnt a lot of support for them to be found not the net compared to pcs. Companies like microsoft obviously ignore mac users most of the time, & they will never have the software available to pc users.However, what they are is excellent design tools - they beat pcs everytime.Another bonus of being a mac owner is that because they are not as common as pcs people simply dont bother writing viruses & adware to attack them. I have 2 macs & a pc - i am frequently having to remove rubbish that has invaded the pc, yet in nearly 10 years I have never had a virus or anything nasty on the macs. That alone is an excellent reason to go buy one.