xisto Community
scab_dog

Human Pacman New version of Pacman

Remember Pac-man?

The old school computer game, where you had to go around eating cookies while avoiding the ghosts, well it is back. I saw this on a TV show here, and i decided to do a bit of research on it.

The game is back in virtual reality

At Singapore?s Nanyang Technological University, they?re already playing tomorrow?s computer games. Using a wearable computer and headset the real world around you becomes a virtual gaming experience.

In the game they have developed, you are in the real world with animation embed within it, so you run around eating the animated cookies..and avoid the ghosts which are real people!

It is very sus, looks boring. But imagine if that?s what they have created now what will be coming out in a few decades?

http://www.beyond.com.au/

Lol is this like outside friendly. What if we play it soo much that we believe outside of the game that everyone is a ghost. lol. This does sounds fun for like iono some indoor activity maze or something.

This stuff has actually been around for years. The harder parts is emulating feeling, heat, smell, and gravity....And screens that close tend to cause headaches. Fixing that is also a must.

That's pretty interesting. It is sort of like the eye toy for the Playstation 2. Of course I wouldn't really buy the game I probably would actually prefer the original Pacman. I wonder if the people in the Pacman are scary. I think that would be pretty cool. I take it you are probably running on a treadmill or something like that because you cant' run around chasing cookies without running into walls or do you just use arrows and stand and it acts like you run around. Probably that one but I think it would be good excercise to do it like that.

it would be funny if you trip or something and the headset goes flying across the ground. I bet it would have to be a smooth ground because if you play it on a faulty ground then maybe accidents could happen.

I saw a segment about this on television the other night. It doesn't quite replicate the old pacman but it uses the same concepts. It requires a huge amount of space though and is still in development stages. Also the backpack that the user is required to wear is quite heavy and bulky.Still, as a prototype it will be cool to see where this heads.

This could work as a new replacement for things like Quazar (the laser-gun games), although I'm not sure it would catch on. Plus, would people become so immersed in the game they'd just step into the middle of a dual carriageway just to avoid a ghost? I think it would also take a bit of getting used to with that backpack and the goggle/virtual reality headset things.

Thats really cool! Maybe someday instead of going out with your friends to play Laser Tag you will just do it in your backyard! pew pew

interesting find... this stuff has been around for years but this seems pretty "realistic" But seriously, though. It'd be fun to try, but what about going outside in REAL LIFE??? Have people completely forgotton that life isn't a game... or perhaps life should be more of a game and not so much stress... and then again Virtual Reality Pacman might be really stressful... or maybe I'm just confusing myself... anyways, nice find.

I think it is interesting but that is very stupid idea. They could use this technology for some realistic games like some fps action games, or something like this. I think pacman is to boring for so high technology. :)

Nice find! I personally think that it is a good idea, but for such a boring game? Imagine running onto a highway running from a ghost and getting run over.... game over? :)