xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
grimmy

Google Earth Can Be Used Off-line? A Question

i wonder if you can accsess Google Earth offline i dont think you can but could you i think the cache files on your computer from when you have looked at Google Earth will show i really wanna know any one who can help please tell me

im pretty sure it cannot be as they are satillite images, they HAVE to be updated. Ive tried it with my mum's dial up and it came to a complete failure, you need to have cable/broadband/adsl (whatever you call it) to make it be a sucess.

nope, you can't, i have tried it on my computer, it didnt work. i also don't really like google earth cuz it doesn't show anything in my country (in europe) everything is so blurry!!!! :)

I just tried it. You can zoom around the world as normal, but try & zoom in on a specific area & you just get an extremely low-res image.

hey guys Google Earth works in Dial-up, I'm using idal-up and Google Earth works flawlessly. But you've to wait for the images to load slowly.

You can also use Google Earth Offline. But you've to have the data available offline to view the satellite images Offline.

This page gives you a way to use Google Earth Offline, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

hey guys Google Earth works in Dial-up, I'm using idal-up and Google Earth works flawlessly. But you've to wait for the images to load slowly.

We've got ADSL (not the fastest speed) and, depending on the area of the earthm some images take a while to load....plus it takes up a lot of resources. How long does it take to load all the images on dial-up?

No, you can't use google earth offline cause while you're exploring it the images are updated directly from the server and if Google made it downloadable you'll need a 60GB free hard disk space :P I don't thing that google will make it offline ever.

Google maps does not work offline because it's impossible to retrieve the HUGE database of images from Google's servers.... it would literally be thousands of terabytes. Even google can't afford that much bandwidth... I think a life-time supply of ISP bandwidth would probably not download every image...

I dunno, I dont think you can use it offline... like alot of other programs it depends on Internet and connection from Internet to get satelite images I am pretty sure