xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blacklaser

Messenger Plus! Live Available For Download

Today patchou published Messenger plus! live on http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, the new version of messenger plus! compatible with the latest Microsft Messenger.

Plus! is a great addition for any Live Messenger users and you shouldn't miss it, here just a few features:

Tabbed chatting

Quick texts

Custom sounds

Personalized status

I've been using it since it first came out and I can fully recommend it to everybody.

That sounds quite promising! I'm going to give it a try.Does it still come with the spyware that is "optional"?

Hey !This new version of MSN make crash my computer ! I have a PC, Xp Operating System. When Im talking with someone on MSN, my monitor freez and my PC roboot ! Is someone else have a problem too ? :)

hmm, i cant install Live messenger or MSn 7.5, i have to use the less promising Windows Messenger that comes with Windows XP lol. So maybe this will work? Hope it sure does, thanks for the info, and if anyone has an idea of why i freeze when i login with the MSn 7.5 or 8.0 tell me please lol. Because its very annoying!

Edited by Thelaw (see edit history)

very nice sharethanks dude im downloading it now to see what its like, hoepfully it totally rocks and all my mates will download as soon as popssible, with these features it makes msn messenger so much more versatile and so much better in my mind! although that is a personal opion i think many will agree with me, once again great post and hoep it rocksits only 4mb and it adds all that stuff it says on their page, nice find great for 56k users as well, nice job well im going to go and install it now and give it a little whirl around, then convince all my mates to downlaod it and increase messneger plus's user count!!!!!! well see ya later and i say to everyone donwload now this is gonna rock (i think) ncie find and a great share

If you download the live version, are you still allowed to talk to people who are using version 7.5 or older? and can you still have video conversations with people that have older versions? because like if u have 7.5, you can't' have video conversations with people that have the older ones. has anybody downloaded it and does it work? also is it better than 7.5? or whatver is the latest version before the live one.

Wow, i didn't know that live messenger was out of beta and didn't know that there had been a special messenger plus version launched already. I knew there was bound to be one eventually though, as the msn messenger network is probably like the busiest instant messaging network and Messenger plus is like msn messenger's most well known third party addon, which lots of people think is good.I might download this live messenger now it's out of beta, as it would be interesting to see what it's like.I like the ability to be able to send instant messages to a contact who's offline - one of my contacts used live messenger and sent me an online message. I still received this on msn.I'm sure both of these programs are good though, thanks for sharing with us that these are out :)

Be it for security in shared computer environments or for avoiding your boss (which would be wrong wrong wrong!), this feature lets you lock Messenger with a simple shorcut (or Plus! menu command) and hide it in the system tray with an inconspicuous icon, the ability to password protect it and to automatically send a message to your contacts to inform them when you have locked and unlocked your Messenger.

The messenger lock thing seems nice. I think I will download. lol. Hopefully i won't get disappointed. I hope its stable too. Oh they made me like update the windows live messenger, oh so that means its not beta anymore. Tha's cool. It sitll looks the same anyways. I couldn't notice any changes. Thanks.

Things seem to change at Microsoft... Now that Windows Live Messenger is Beta everyone is in a hurry to adapt to it. For those of you who downloaded Yahoo Messenger 8 (which is also Beta) you will notice that it adds some support for Windows Live Messenger. In later versions Yahoo! may make a move and fully support Windows Live Messenger.Anyway a new addtion to the Messenger family is good since Yahoo Messenger seems to get a little crowded from time to time. But ifyou ask me with a little more functions Skype will be the future. Much less crowded and much better sound and video.

i downloaded it today. didn't really see any difference, to me the log-in part looked worse..and you better save your contact list if you are going to download it because it will lose all the data you have on your old one, it will clean everything, and if you upload your contact list, its gona send invitation to our contacts all over.. so ihad to find the old version again, the old one seems better to me..i say stick to it while you can.. no need to move to the newer version..also, if you downloaded it and want the new version you can get it at oldversion.com, just in case somebody did the same mistake i made.Peace out!

i dislike this Windows Live messenger with a passion...

when someone sends you a message, if you dont respond before they send you another one, it will look like this

Friend says: Hello
Whats Up?

and the same thing happens to the messages you send.. so once Yahoo Messenger 8 comes out of beta and gets the MSN Messenger Addon fixed i will be saying bye to this Windows Live Messenger...

The Yahoo Messenger Windows Addon is basicly the ability to add and talk with people on MSN messenger, i have tried it and so far no luck, but it is still in beta so if it does work, hasta to Windows Live, hola YIM 8.0 :)