xisto Community
JasperIk

I Have Severe Anger Issues...

Hey,Well first you need to find the cause of the anger. I recommend really going to see a Local Youth Worker or Coucellor at your school or local Youth Club. I would think this would be the best for you to sit down with the Youth Worker and discuss things confidentialy. They will know a lot more on this issue than me, so it is better going to see them. Some people feel quite intimidated by going to see these people, but they shouldn't. These people's job is to help people and make the bad good.Hope this helps and remember, make your own decision and have a good life!

Well, for an original answer to this question :P ..First let me start out by saying that since I was born (almost) I had the kind of temper that rattlesnakes used to frighten their babies with.That said, I traveled the world seeking and answer to this question, and in a Ryu (school) on the slopes of the Himalayas, I found it.The way that I found to rise beyond my anger, was to become MORE POWERFUL than my anger. The Ryu that I joined taught a lethal form of Ninjutsu, as well as several other arts as well, and I spent ten years there, learning the ways of power until I could kill with a single blow if necessary. But suddenly it was never necessary to strike ANYONE, far less to kill them :P - because suddenly, without even trying, my anger was in control. It was not that people no longer said or did things to make me angry, of course they did, but the things they said or did had become irrelevant to my mind.Let me give you an example. The other day a man came to me and told me that some other men were saying, shall we say, uncomplimentary things about me. And I said to him - just look at them, and look at me. To be angry with them would be to demean myself, to insult my art. They are not my equals in power, and thus unworthy of anger.So, to defeat your anger, grow more powerful than it. This is my way. It doesn't have to be yours :D

well the easiest way to fight anger imo, is to concentrate all your brainpower on why the other guy/girl is doing what he/she is doing, or liking, or has an opinion on, or whatever.....if you understand why, your anger will dissapear, as you know its human, and even if its wrong it is simply a human mistake and not blameable.....if that doesnt work, you probably need a holiday, maybe a permanent one if its rly bad.....also, dont eat fast food, or anything with E-numbers in it, its been proved than people who dont eat/drink E-numbers/fast food are far less agressive and more rational, as well as more clever and healthy, than people who do...

Hello,

I have had years of counseling and wonderful people supporting me emotionally.
I have a few things I have found out over the years that have helped me almost
entirely eliminate anger from my life (Yeah!).

First off, eleminate the chemistry possibilities. Bad diet can be a real bane of anger
(I know this may not get through to you as important, but trust me there are
many scientific studies on this).

There are two essetial fatty acids that the body cannot produce accoring to the
U.S. Department of Agriculture. One is Alpha Linolenic Acid and the other is
Linoleic Acid. All other types of fat can be produced from these. A lack of
Alpha Linolenic Acid is a real major culprit in the American diet. It can be
found in very few places. In the vegetable realm (I am a vegan) there is
flaxseed oil. It is by far the richest source of this needed nutrient. In the
animal realm the use of fatty fish will provide the needed fatty acid (Salmon,
Trout, Tuna). It is easy enough to find in a supplement form at your local
supermarket like Walmart, etc. The lack of this fatty acid is associated with
major depression, bi-polar disorder, severe anger and all kinds of cancers
and learning/brain disorders. Again, most American diets contain scant
amounts of this "ESSENTIAL" fatty acid.

Furthermore concerning fats, the absobtion of this ALA's can be hampered if
too many Linoleic Acid rich foods are consumed. Current research supports
a 2:1 to 4:1 ratio of Linoleic Acid to Alpha Linolenic Acid.

To put this into practical terms, 3 teaspoons (1 tablespoon) of flaxseed oil (containing 120
calories like all fats) to 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) walnut oil (or about 1/2 cup of
raw walnuts) is a 4:1 ratio of LA's to ALA's and represents 600 calories or about
the high end of the recommended 20-30% fats a day in the standard diet (based
on 2000 calories a day - resting requires 60 calories (sitting at a desk, watching
tv, etc. while walking for an hour requires about 300 calories). Try to eliminate
animal fats, partial and fully hydrogenated oils (man made oils the bodies enzymes
are ill equiped to break down leading to all kinds of health problems later in life
(also the source of the infamous "trans fatty acids" now making the news) and
refined vegetable oils not contain any ALA's of LA's.

For a more rigerous approach to learning about fats and frankly what I think
of as the best site of the hundreds I have viewed on the subject (literally I
believe) can be found at http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/fattyacids.html

Avoiding outher triggers like caffeine, alcohol, tobacco and many other physically
addictive substances that withdrawal from even a small amount can make a
person moody is also very important.

No matter how good or how bad your diet, health practitioners suggest that
around 70% of all health benefits are dependent on 30 minutes to 1 hour of
moderate areobic activity. Yes, taking a joyful walk around town is enough to
satisfy this - it doesn't have to be a visit to the gym or a marathon across
New York City (though most of these people are pretty happy too - smile).

Finally, I will give you a bit of advice on getting some kind of spiritual life
going. Not the complicated religious stuff, but the simple stuff, like laying back
on your bed and mentally saying a short sentence to yourself over and over
until you pass your consciousness and reach a trusting place (I say things
like Love is patient and kind. Love is always hopeful. Love endures all
things. Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness,
Gentleness, Self-Control - any of these or all of them (and a few others
too - ;-) ). Acceptance that the past has happened and that you can live
in the now and be happy, even if you have failed your dreams the warmth
of the sun is still good. Acceptance is the key to all my problems. Depression
is just anger turned on yourself, so getting used to the condition triggering
it can help you devise a meaningful method of handling it.

Finally, do not fear reaching out to others for help. Seek mental health counseling
at multiple places like your community mental health organization (almost every
city or county has them), from adds found in the yellow pages, your minister, rabie
or other religious affiliation. Try more than one and find the one that you feel
friendly with. Be honest with them. There may even be a natural imbalence in
the brain chemistry that modern medicine can help you with managing.

SmilesAndSongs (though once a dreamer of earths destruction after making everyone
squirm at my hand in anger - whew!)

I'm in the same situation as you, Jasper. I have huge anger issues and I try not to show it. People eventually find out though. Sometimes people tend to say things they don't really mean or just something you absolutely disagree with. But I've learned that taking it out on someone is not a good thing. There are some alternatives you can take to get out your anger. You could try hitting soft objects like pillow (in private of course). I'm sure it'll assist you in calming down. The answer is to control your anger. You can't stop yourself from getting angry, but you always try to find alternatives to control your actions. It's perfectly fine to get angry. Some people are good at hiding their anger while some are not. Sometimes, if you do hide and it and rethink the situation, you might find that you will question yourself why you were angry in the first place because of some petty matter. You know yourself quite well so you should know how to take out your anger somewhere else besides on people in the public. Oh, and please don't take it out on your pets.

Edited by BordaForx (see edit history)

Lol, I'm not sure where you live, but it's somewhat hard for americans to visit other countries. We've got a few choices...go to mexico (and avoid the water), go to canada (and speak french in some areas), or spend a bunch of money on a plane ticket somewhere else.
Not like Europe or South America where each country has like 6 borders. =/

Somewhat OT, but y'know only one province out of 11 speaks French. If you come to my province, you're more likely to hear people speaking Mandarin.

Am I a terrible person for picturing an angry shadowx getting redder and redder with every religious recruitment post until steam comes out his ears? I know its annoying as heck on your end (major pet peeve of mine as well), but its making me laugh anyway. :P Anyway, there is no real or healthy way to suppress your anger, so you just need to find a nice safe way to express and "tame" it. Some people use sports or other forms of physical activity, which is good if you feel restless or full of too much unused energy. Long walks and other "calm-downs" work for others. Music helps a lot of people, but if angry music makes things worse you can always try experimenting with different genres. Talking to people about your problems can help too, but I wouldn't recommend a school counsellor... I don't know how it is in other places, but if you talk to your school counsellor here, you have no right or guarantee that what you say will be private, and counsellors are even required to report you in many cases, with or without your consent or knowledge. I dunno about you guys, but that's just not something I'd want if I were looking for an ear. Avoiding whatever is causing you to be angry probably isn't entirely healthy, but its something I do sometimes for various emotional triggers on those "just can't handle this" days.

What I do is hit a punching bag. Gets all your anger out, and actually tires you out with a workout it gives you. And you feel better afterwards. That seems to work for me...

Meditating, soothing your mind will help. Drink lots of water, talk about it with a doctor, friend and/or parent or someone else, girlfriend or boyfriend maybe. Just stop for a moment and calm down.

Well little soul-brother, I can't offer you much useful advice because I am irritated and angered just as easily as you are. But, I can validate your feelings because I FEEL exactly what you mean. You see some of us were just born extremely sensitive people, and I just try to avoid things that stimulate my anger, like 'country music' for example. As far as people who deliberately anger me, for sport, or because they are just rude, I confront them and kick them out of my life. I am totally fine being a hermit and because of this, I've been accused of being, aggressive, bi-polar, and a list of other things. But the real issue is I just have absolutely no tolerance for cruelty of any kind and it drives me nuts! I can't even watch the news because it makes me LIVID! I'm a female, 33 years old, and I have NOT 'grown out of it' I was just born this way and I'll probably die p*ssed off at the world for a great many things. It's just a part of who I am. Righteous anger isn't so bad once you learn to accept it as your own and channel it into something productive. I am also very artistic, and so whenever I'm angry, I create something, either for myself, or a loved one and that usually helps:) If you feel the need to take anger management, try it, but be forewarned, when I took it it just made me angrier than I was in the first place. It depends on who's teaching the course I suppose. So, I just wanted to let you know you're NOT alone, and there are MANY other angry people in the world:) I am living proof:) Take care and don't be so hard on yourself :P

Hey, I'm similar. I've gone from being pretty laid back to just being barely below the surface with a ton - a TON - of pent up rage. I hate the world for ignoring me. I hate myself for being so ridiculous when I was younger and screwing myself up, missing all my chances to socialize. I hate all the people who reject me now. I hate the incredibly long way that stands between me and getting a job so I can have a fricking 20+ year torture show with a kid, home from a job I hate, back to the kid and a wife who thinks I'm garbage because I don't think the world is all candy and fluffy sunshine anymore.I know this all sounds crazy. Hey, I'm HEAVILY medicated. I've seen shrinks. And my anger is only getting worse. Maybe I have a wrong outlook on the world, but it ain't getting better. Time off for vacation just means I'm that much further from my goal of having some crappy family to make my parents happy. Doing what I want to do instead means ruining my relationship with my parents and living on minimum wage. Either way I'll have no friends for the rest of my life because I'm a) crazy, B) fake and unpleasant or something, and see) now so angry I can barely contain it.So I can fricking relate, for sure, man. I am going stone cold crazy trying to handle all this stupid relentless anger at a world I don't want to be in, can't leave with any dignity, and hate hate HATE waking up in every day. I'm not suicidal, though. I'd rather God had to kill me.But I sure am angry as all get out. Something is just plain wrong with me.-pedro mcgillicutty

I have a solution to your problem, join the Marine Corps and become a Corporal in a couple years, you can control all you want... It actualy gets boring...

The solutionI Have Severe Anger Issues...

DRUGS ARE THE ONLY ANSWER AND JUST WAIT IF U don't BELIVE ME. Intelligent humans that made it to an age of reason to have Any real significant problems with anger cant solve the anger in the same state of mind as when the problem occurs. Angers begets itself. U need Marijauna and physical output if u are big and strong enough to be dangerous. Rotting your mind isnt so bad especially when tolerance of stupidity and the cosmic wrongs of our flawed social structure are gettin ya more than down. Its hard to just poof and move to where people are smarter, cause it gets worse elsehwere trust me. Just do drugs and keep beating the hell out of something that wont get u arrested. If u lose that drive and sense of emotion for what u don't agree with or find angering then what is the purpose of living? your own mind wants change and don't hate urself cause u know whats best for survival. I know just reading this helps, so if u really wanna be understood, make a stand and tell it, after smoking a blunt and bloodying your knuckles on the heavy bag.

-reply by Guy who knows 

Have you tried venting your anger out with things like writing/keeping a journal? I mean if worst comes to worst I guess the best thing would be to go and see a therapist... I mean I'm not quite sure if the anger should be there for a reason, but maybe you have frustrations that you kind of keep pent up and they manifest as anger... or anxieties... even. Another more immediate approach could be a lot of cardio/exercise cause that gets your blood pumping and endorphins running, which is always good for your mood and maybe you can even let a bit of that energy out.