xisto Community
JasperIk

I Have Severe Anger Issues...

well i can relate to you dude... i also have some serious anger spikes... my mom really hates me because of that... lately we always fight because they want to put me in a job that i don't like... :) kinda annoying... tell me what cures you okay? thanks! ^__^

I find myself to be just angry, and can't ever really be happy. Im not sad, just angry.

This post tells me that you might be a bit beyond my ideas and you might need to see a counselor or someone trained to help people work these things out.

Im angry 24/7 at everything and everyone! Hahah not in a very bad way or anything. But hey, just relax a bit. or maybe you just have to do something were you can just let it all out. Scream something, punch something (not a living being please) or just go fitness or sport or anything you can get tired of so that you are too tored to be angry and feel this way... haha just came up with this, maybe it helps .

I find myself to be just angry, and can't ever really be happy. Im not sad, just angry. I can't even walk outside because i get so angry. I live in the city, and as soon as i walk out there is cigarette buts everywhere, dried up gum on the side walks, graffitti, crappy lawns etc...One then that completley angers me, is cracks in a side walk, when i was like 8 i tripped and fell on one [it wasnt a crack really, but one side walk plate was up higher then the other] while running, and completley screwed up both knees, why are people so careless? I mean not only is it ugly, its a safety hazord. Its just i find little things to get angry about, i can't just look at something and see what everyone else sees, or doesn't see...all i see is the bad parts of it, like if there was a red rose, and part of it was black i would get angry that it isnt completley red.

Dont get angry because a rose has thorns. It's just nature. Don't see things the way they dont have to be. Some things are just what they are, and since you can't change it don't be angry its a waste of the time you could be smiling.

Im angry 24/7 at everything and everyone! Hahah not in a very bad way or anything. But hey, just relax a bit. or maybe you just have to do something were you can just let it all out. Scream something, punch something (not a living being please) or just go fitness or sport or anything you can get tired of so that you are too tored to be angry and feel this way... haha just came up with this, maybe it helps .Dont get angry because a rose has thorns. It's just nature. Don't see things the way they dont have to be. Some things are just what they are, and since you can't change it don't be angry its a waste of the time you could be smiling.

I really wish it were that simple, but its not. I tend to hurt myself when i'm angry, i will punch myself, and give myself bruises, only so i dont do it to anyone else, and so that i can feel something other then emotional anger. I try not to be a violant person, but when it comes down to it, i really can be. My first reaction is just to put my fist up and punch someone, and i normally don't but there is always that feeling, of wanting to beat the h ll out of someone.

find a demolition job...i used to ahve this problem but we tore out our tile flooring to replace it with wood and well yeah it was fun and took alot of my stress away...just taking a sledge hammer and destroying the floor was totaly awsome. also alot better than putting holes in walls...if that dosnt solve it just go on a trip and relax. go backpacking with a friend and stay out there for a week and chill

actually, there are ways for you to get rid of your anger or to achieve happiness. the first thing that you have to consider is your relationship with your family especially your parents.your family members are those who are really close to your life. the best way to do this is to spend more time with your family, share problems or try to make your parents happy by making jokes or anything....second is friendship. find more friends and be nice to them. do not see them as your enemies but as people who want to know you, people who want to share joys and love with you. in this case, it is good for you to always smile.third is by doing charity or community service. by this activity you will be happy as you help others to feel happy. try this. good luck! :)

actually, there are ways for you to get rid of your anger or to achieve happiness. the first thing that you have to consider is your relationship with your family especially your parents.
your family members are those who are really close to your life. the best way to do this is to spend
more time with your family, share problems or try to make your parents happy by making jokes or anything....
second is friendship. find more friends and be nice to them. do not see them as your enemies but as people who want to know you, people who want to share joys and love with you. in this case, it is good for you to always smile.
third is by doing charity or community service. by this activity you will be happy as you help others to feel happy. try this. good luck! :)

Well, i recently changed all my messengers, and only added people that i liked. Because i had a lot of people on my list, that i didnt even know, or that made me feel like crap- and i could have just blocked them, but i wanted to start over, with just the people i like- and no one on my list makes me feel like crap now. I went from about 70 people on my list to 11 people on msn, about 15, to 4 people on AIM. I was just sick of having people i didnt like on my list.

On a another nore, i think i have Anemia. I am prone to it, because a lot of factors, and i am almost 100% sure its what is wrong with me, i have many of the symptoms, dizziness, loss of appitite, rapid heart beat, fatigue... I just cant explain, why my arms feel so numb.

I'm going out of state untill Sunday, with my boyfriend to meet his family, so maybe it will be fun.

As for my parents, i dont talk to them...we arent on the best of terms [since march 31st 19 years ago actually]

i also had that problem sometime ago,i was sick of all my friends,i did feel good with almost anyone and i seemed to be exploding inseide,i felt like screaming and going away of everything. i really was getting mad and i was always looking for a figth. so,i decided to get help and what i found out was that my life had suffered a big transformation and that i hadn't time to assimilate and organize my feelings about it,so i was missplaced in my own life!!! and thats why i was feeling so bad. so try to take some time to yourself or get some help and see what is happening with you and with your life that is making you feel that way. GOOD LUCK <_<

Sometimes I get too touchy that people think I'm angry. I don't intend to look angry, it's just that sometimes I look too intense that people confuse it with anger. I probably worry too much also, I don't really know. I have anger issues also but that doesn't mean I want to shoot people or something. When someone irritates/annoys me I might snap back at him without an intention of biting his head off but sometimes I just can't help it. I'm still trying to resolve this problem. :ph34r: BUT i DON'T THINK MY PROBLEM IS THAT SEVERE YET. I think sometimes it's just my insecurities kicking in or my being a perfectionist sometimes. It's probably that in your case also. HOW ABOUT HUGGING A CUTE BABY (or a puppy)? This should probably come you down. <_<

I'll just share my... memories. I used to be a very angry person, you say you hit yourself, well I hit walls. I had enough pain inside me that if I focused on it it would get me really mad and I'd hit a wall. Problem is, I started getting into fights and even hitting family members too. All of it resulted in my taking a good look at who I was and realizing how evil I was and that I needed to change. It's what started me looking at how I needed to change and led to me reading the Bible, and questioning God's existence. I was questioning whether or not to mention that last part but I figure 1) you'd have guessed that to be the conclusion anyway, and 2) maybe it's something that can help, I said the rest before it because maybe it can provide insight into your own situation. Not ending with the conclusion might be a more "sensitive" choice but not necessarily the most beneficial as to what needs to be heard, and said.

I have several causes for your anger, some serious, some not:1) Problem: You're gay. You're a guy for God's sake. Don't put black-and-white pics of Jake Glendenwhatever in your sig. Especially when you're a guy. Only chicks do that kind of stuff.Solution: Change your sig and/or avatar to something manly. Like a picture of a great looking chick, or something.2) Problem: You have a boyfriend. Solution: Dump him and get a girlfriend. It helps.3) Problem: You have too much stress in your life.Solution: Take a few minutes each day (like 20) and just sit alone somewhere. Think about a singular topic, and relax.4) Problem: Too much physical energy.Solution: Take up a sport, preferably a challenging one. Another poster suggested golf, I suggest baseball or weightlifting. Nothing's better than having a bad day and taking it out on the weights.5) Problem: Too much mental energy.Solution: Like Joshua said, channel your mental/spiritual energy into something productive and rewarding, like reading the bible.I hope that helps, and if you managed to get past the gay part, congratulations. And I'm sorry for taking a stab at you.

I hope that helps, and if you managed to get past the gay part, congratulations. And I'm sorry for taking a stab at you.

The only reason, i got past the gay part, is because i tend to read lists from the bottom up.

As for the bible suggestion. I do, honestly respect those who have found their way through the bible. And, i have tried, but its just not for me. I have far to many questions, and opinions to follow christianity, or really any religion.

As For Sports. I don't do sports. Im just not an atheletic person. I used to run, but health problems more or less prevent me from doing so. I like Yoga, because it actually does calm me, but i can never put forth the effort in doing it. I'd take up boxing maybe or martial arts (mostly, because i like Kill Bill...<3 Uma) but, i know i'd just give up.

In response to

As for the bible suggestion. I do, honestly respect those who have found their way through the bible. And, i have tried, but its just not for me. I have far to many questions, and opinions to follow christianity, or really any religion,

please consider the following:
Anger is an emotional problem that can be addressed spiritually. You don't have to give up your questions and opinions to follow a spiritual path. Christ died so that you could "come boldly unto the throne of grace" to get help in times of need. Accepting Christ as a savior sounds odd but thinking on the spiritual things as He suggests is the sure way to peace. Having a savior means that you're no longer condemned, even when you're angry enough to kill someone. Christ died just so that you could have the privilege of being human without having to atone for the sins committed. Everybody's got to pay a price, either by proxy (accepting Christ and allowing him to shoulder the cost) or by trying to do it yourself.

There are plenty of external things you can do to try to address the anger but it's such an internal thing that you really must get to the inner root. I challenge you to read the book of Acts in the Bible; think about the transformation of Saul (Paul) and ask God to render a similar change in you.

My prayer is that you will forget about religion, pick up your Bible, talk to God like He's sitting next to you, believe that He sent His son to die for you, and receive the precious gift of His Holy Ghost to lead and guide you into all truth.