xisto Community
JasperIk

I Have Severe Anger Issues...

Im sick of being so angry towards everything, its almost as bad as my guilt.

What do you mean it is as bad as your guilt? do you often feel guilty? And how long have you felt guilty for? if its been a while then this could be part of the cause for being so angry.

I have several causes for your anger, some serious, some not:
1) Problem: You're gay. You're a guy for God's sake. Don't put black-and-white pics of Jake Glendenwhatever in your sig. Especially when you're a guy. Only chicks do that kind of stuff.
Solution: Change your sig and/or avatar to something manly. Like a picture of a great looking chick, or something.

2) Problem: You have a boyfriend.
Solution: Dump him and get a girlfriend. It helps.

Without starting a whole new thread how the hell can you say that? Everyone has a right to choose their own sexual preference and if this guy wants to be gay he can be gay! that isnt whay hes angry!! jeeeez some people...

Anyway i think that if youvew been feling guilty for a long time over something that you havent really resolved then this could lead to your anger as you feel angry at yourself. As you cant really argue with yourself you displace it onto other people and thats why you are angry. But like i said this would only be really possible if you have felt guilty over something for a long time. Or atleast felt guilty before you felt angry. So if you do feel guilty then you should tell us about it and it might help

1) Problem: You're gay

Being gay isnt a problem

And might i ask if you are a christian? if so didnt you just blaspheme?

You're a guy for God's sake

I feel strongly about people who think that being gay is a problem. Im bisexual, yet im not bright red with horns and a trident...well not right now atleast :D lol seriously though if i was Jasperlk id be even more angry if someone said this to me!

Without starting a whole new thread how the hell can you say that? Everyone has a right to choose their own sexual preference and if this guy wants to be gay he can be gay! that isnt whay hes angry!! jeeeez some people...

I cant take your post to heart, concidering i didn't choose to be gay, you being so called bisexual should know that who you are attracted to, is not a choice. You are just as ignorant as the person you were fighting.

As for the rest, I dont know...im guilty over everything, because i tend to blame everything on my own actions, and feel like so much is my fault. I feel also guilty that i didn't do things with people I no longer have in my life, all the time i wasted avoiding them, is gone and i wont get it back.
Edited by JasperIk (see edit history)

The guilt sucks and i think it could be part of the reason why you feel so angry, by not dealing with the guilt youre changing it into something that you can deal with, anger. I could be wrong but its possible. I think if you try to deal with somehow with the guilt, perhaps by telling someone about it and sitting down with a friend or someone in your familly and just telling them everythiung, why you feel so guilty, what you wish you could have done etc etc etc it will help. And atleast if it doesnt help you know that you can always talk to that person about anything else in your life.

I find talking about my problems is very helpfull and maybe you will too.

QUOTE(shadowx @ Aug 31 2006, 08:44 PM)

I cant take your post to heart, concidering i didn't choose to be gay, you being so called bisexual should know that who you are attracted to, is not a choice. You are just as ignorant as the person you were fighting.

I don't know why your sexual orientation isn't straight, not that it matters to me, I'm comforable with bis, gays, and trans, but why can't you take this to heart? I know it may not be your choice for your sexual orientation, but he is standing up for you. That other person was wrong to say that your orientation is causing your anger. He was merely stating that that person was wrong.

He may be standing up for me, but he isn't correct and basically is just talking about stuff he doesn't even understand/know. And technically a lot of gay people ARE angry because they are gay why, because it is NOT a choice and they are angry that they cannot be like everyone else, so in a way the person was in the right state of mind, but was not putting it nicely nor correctly, but the idea he had, would have been a good educated guess. But sticking up for me, and telling everyone i chose to be gay, and that people who are gay chose to be it, makes all the things he said 'standing up to me' not worth it. I am quite okay with being gay, and to some point it IS a choice. I can't choose who i am attracted to, and i can't chose that i am attracted to guys, but i can choose whether or not i date them. But as for liking them, i have no choice over that, it just is how it is.But I wouldn't expect straights or even bisexuals to understand, because most wouldnt [especially to straights] tell them, they chose to be straight.

Edited by JasperIk (see edit history)

He may be standing up for me, but he isn't correct and basically is just talking about stuff he doesn't even understand/know. And technically a lot of gay people ARE angry because they are gay why, because it is NOT a choice and they are angry that they cannot be like everyone else, so in a way the person was in the right state of mind, but was not putting it nicely nor correctly, but the idea he had, would have been a good educated guess. But sticking up for me, and telling everyone i chose to be gay, and that people who are gay chose to be it, makes all the things he said 'standing up to me' not worth it.

Even so, he still tried. Even if he wasn't exactly right about it being a choice to be gay or bisexual (which it isn't, like you said, it just happens), actions speak louder than words. My psycologist that I have for anger, depression, anorexia, and various other problems agrees. And unlike other shrinks, he's actually helping me, so he's gotta have some idea what he is talking about. Humans are flawed; no one is perfect. At least he tried, even if he wasn't right, that was the point I was trying to express.

when you angry it makes you more angry? You guys have issues, really! Life is too short to be like this anyways. But errr, maybe listening to Corrinne Bailey Rae, Katie Melua or Norah Jones helps you get better, there is no mood needed for that, it just relaxes no matter what.

Thanks for the support guys and girls :-)

I tend to brush off people taking shots at me anyway so its all good :D Nice to know someones got my back though :D

JasperIk: There are two other things i know of, one of them is email counselling, to me it was abit like someone you can talk to, its quite a shot from a proffessional counsellor even though they are trained, the link is: http://www.samaritans.org/

Give it a go before you brish it aside saying it wont help because it will. even if they cant help you, they can tell you who or what can.

And as an absolute last resort you could try tablets. Theyre called Kalms and they are for stress relief. I suggest you try ever other non-medication method first because you can become almost addicted to the medication and it will cause you huge problems when you try to stop. And medication is rarely a cure, its just a cover to hide the things you dont want and that can cause even more problems. Just try talking to someone. It will help.

Here's my suggestion: eat (more) foods that contain B* vitamins. Food has its ways of affecting certain moods. I hear the B vitamins are good when dealing with anger, stress, etc. Just don't eat an excessive amount. Too much nutrients can be dangerous. I'd recommend at least 35% daily value (DV). Many cereals contain some B vitamins. Though, i'd suggest all-natural cereals.

Anger is a huge barrier in life and you have to learn to destroy it (like i did!) by remembering Allah (a.k.a God) and He will give you true guidance and now i do not ever get angry.

Anger is a huge barrier in life and you have to learn to destroy it (like i did!) by remembering Allah (a.k.a God) and He will give you true guidance and now i do not ever get angry.

Please will people stop telling me to remember or to believe in god. I am not atheist, but i do not worship god, and i find it very rude that people keep pushing him onto me. That in itsself makes me very angry and upset. Not everyone has christian beliefs.

You gotta calm down dude. If you dont youre gonna end up hurting yourself or someone else. Take a week to reflect in another surrounding. Take anger management classes. Smoke something. I dont know, but if you keep going at this rate youre gonna die of a heart attack by the time you hit 25. Try meditation. It doesnt work for me but it did wonders for a friend of mine. Keep a clear head and dont stress on small s**t so much. Itll get better, but honestly it'll probably get worse before it gets better...

I know how you feel. they are gossip are'nt they...if people says that baby is cute and then they start playing with the baby,don't get angry, try thinking of how cute is the baby, that makes your subconcious mind know that how is it people is feeling and why they do stupid things. It's because they feel well while doing it, try joining them and start thinking how cute the baby is...try thinking why are you so mad, if you can't find a good reason, don't be angry of yourself...what's the point to be angry at yourself?after that stop thinking of why are you angry, tell yourself there's no reason to be angry, and then ignore it...ignore it for the sake of fairnesstheir innocent, they just like to do what they want to do.think of why they do it, and what will you think if you were them.Also find something to do, as a hobby. If you have spare time, try closing your eyes and blank your mind, think of how black your vision is after you close your eyes, and how bright and shiny the colorful world is.You really got to find some friends, buddy...Oh ya, stop talking about gods...it's annoying to non-believers here.Know that we can always help.

Edited by quakesand (see edit history)

just cool down. try telling your feelings to other people. contact a psycatrist. tell him your problems. he might be able to help you. Or, if you are studying in school, contact your guidance counselor. I am pretty much like you, so dont worry. Its common.