xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

World Cup 2006

I guess the final will be Argentna-Brazil :), and I wish Argentina to win de WC...we have an excellent team, and in my opinion, we have been (with Spain) the best team in the WC until now...

Croatia are out of it, commiserations CroSpartacus, did you watch the game with Australia? I didn't, I only saw the edited highlights, but it appears that it was a match of high drama, not least of which were a number of dubious referee decisions. It pains me to say that I am a Brit and the referee this time was Englisman Graham Poll, he got himself in such a twist that he even ended up handing out 3 yellow cards (to the Croatian player Simunic), maybe the first time in history that a ref has handed out 3 yellows in a game. The final equalising goal by Australia (Kewell) was a cracker though. Ah well, onwards and upwards, time to start supporting your second favourite.

I do not expect England to do very well, nothing about the way they are playing is exciting to watch at the moment, so already I am looking for another team to support, I think that team might be Argentina. I don't want Brazil to win, I am tired of the whole Renaldo thing.

Australia v Italy is gonna be a very interesting match... Australia the fighting underdogs v the heavy favourites of Italy.. being biased, I'll prefer that Australia will win.. but a draw might be enough to get Italy through.. (pending on other results and the fact that Italy is a higher rank)

Edited by arnz (see edit history)

I like Italy and I like Australia. Damn, its going to be tough to watch one of them get eliminated. Mexico?s games are very stressing games because there is a lot of emotion in their games. They are like always barely making it.It is said that lots of people here die from the combination of being fat, consuming greasy food, alcohol and smoking + the emotion of the soccer games = death.

hey guys! Its cool to talk bout soccer here lol Im french and I think we dont have chance to win this cup cause france team is too tired... it's sad ... but who do you think going to win the cup ? (sorry for my langage Im learning lol)have a great day

well australia got beaten by italy like i was expecting, from what i've heard about the game we didn't play the second half like we should have, especially with the advantage we had. oh well theres always next time, and we did better than most people expected we would. Soccer is a funny game, i was reading some reports today which were saying its one of the only games where the ref can have more influence than the teams themselves, especially because the games are usually so low scoring. they need robot referees or something maybe.

I guess the final will be Argentna-Brazil :), and I wish Argentina to win de WC...we have an excellent team, and in my opinion, we have been (with Spain) the best team in the WC until now...

Yeah, the final should be Argentina vs. Brazil =]
I really want Argentina to win (and why not? Brazil has won 5 times and Argentina only twice).
What I hate are those who say that Argentina doesn't know how to play (and they dare giving me examples from Arg-Ned and Arg-Mex games. It probably means they know nothing about soccer and for them, a game without goals, is not a good game. Well, they're wrong, and Argentina will take the lead! :(

Can't wait for Germany - Argentinia this Friday like everyone in Germany, it's just a fantastic athmosphere here :)

The referees at this World Cup were really crazy. Especially in the Portugal versus Netherlands game, he gave out yellow and red cards to everybody, even the goalie!

Yeah, all in all 8 yellow cards and 4 red cards, the match with the most cards ever in the world cup :)

I thought there were 16 yellow cards. But in any case, the England vs. Portugal match will be much easier to England.

And here's a gift from me, just pick your team and put in your signature:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I know there are much more teams, but that's all made (for now). If you have any request for a team, just post your request here. If I make others I'll keep this updated.

Edited by BloodyPriest (see edit history)