xisto Community
heavensounds

What Is God? simple question, hard to answer

God is a fictional character invented by man to fill a gap in their life. Without god, people had no direction and were to primitive to think. After such a long time, people seem to think they see god in everyday life. They attribute coincidence or irregularities in their life as the work of god.
Why is this? because there are still people out there who NEED to have something that is greater than them. This is a sign of a weak spirit and a weak mind. These weak people need someone to tell them how to live their lives and to tell them what is right and what is wrong.

God does not exist.

Well here i dissagree with you completely! It is often represented that god and faith are only something that makes you life easire because you are not strong enough to cope with the situation that you are facing.IT IS JUST NOT SO!! GOD DOES EXIST as I've said earlier, he is the one thing that is everywehere and is the same for all the beings and trees and flowers on this planet...you want proof?

Why do you feel guilty when you do something wrong? And why are you happy when you help you mum? From where comes this inner joy you feel if not from G O D?

To some god is not real, to others he is.To some god, is someone who created the world, and the universe, created people, and animals. He guides us through our life, and is expected to help us with our problems.To others, god is just a spirit, more of a helping hand that doesnt exist, unless you need him, an you choose when he is to be around, not the other way around. To even more others, god is nothing, and no one...he simply just doesnt exist.To me, god is a made up thing, people made him up to blame their problems on someone. But because you cannot prove that he exists, just as much as i cannot prove he doesn't... for the sake of it, he is a name in the bible.

The essence of God according to John 4:24 is that God is a Spirit. Being a Spirit, He can be everywhere so as to be called the Omnipresent One. The Spirit cannot be seen but its presence is felt. However, this Spirit according to John 1:1 has a Word with Him; and this Word is God. Now we have seen the Spirit and the Word. When we talk of the Spirit, we are also talking about the Word. Therefore, the Spirit and the Word are not two separate entities but are one and the same. This is the essence of God in the Old Testament - Spirit and Word. The Word can only be heard but not seen just like the Spirit.From Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy and throughout the Old Testament account, we can see how God dealt and manifested with them through His Spirit and Word. In Mt. Sinai, He spoke to His people but He was not seen at all. Therefore, we can conclude that the Spirit and the Word are one; and they are not in anyway separate from each other. As we continue with this study, let us proceed to the next step which is the manifestation of the Word of God.

Since you've asked this question in the 'debates' section, I'll state my piece.+-50,000 years ago a (cave)man sat and admired his new spear. His female companion(s) made clay pots, which he observed. He then stared at the landscape. A question occurred to him, "If men and women make the weapons, the pottery, the huts, the moccasins, who made the trees, the hills, the creatures that we hunt to eat?" He answered his own question, "Must be a..........very large man!" So gods were born, as the answer to the questions that men can't yet answer correctly.There is no god(s). No one religion is any more silly than any other. Do you laugh at Zeus and the Greek gods, but think Christianity is somehow less silly? It's all equal.If there were gods, I'd reject them. I have no desire to be enslaved by a powerful alien from outer space. I support my species.

we'll the basic sunday school answer is "god is the alpha the omega the beginning and the end" god created the world that's what i believe as to what he is i dont think he's a spirit or a a person or some made up fictional charecter he is what he is and he is god no specific "specie". this friday at school a "theory" was brought to my attenting what if god is a multy demention being that live on the 11th demention this makes since each demention would give more "power" but i'd realy rather not go into that.

How did God come to be? Where did God come from?

god did not come to be anything he always was and still is he did not come from anywhere he was alwayse there. stop asking that question you will always get the same answer just like if i ask about evolution i should get the same answer.

Based on the evidence each of us personally has seen and experienced we either chose to believe or not too. I chose not too, but even if I did believe in God, somebody who creates something as wicked as mankind is not somebod y I would be proud to pray too...

befor you start bashing beleives you should first do some reaserch to understand the wholew story. here's a very badsic form of it: god created men and women in his image "good" he put them in the garden told them not to eat the fruit of of knowledge and eternal life and an "evil" being saten saduced them into eating the fruit in other words they disobeid god AKA a sin which is evil. in other words mankind was not created as wicked but was turned wicked by a wicked being.

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.""But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that You exist, and so therefore, by Your own arguments, You don't. Q.E.D."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

this is with out a dount one of the dumbest think i've ever read
("I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." ) there has been so much instences that some one asked god to prove to them of his excistenc and he has, so that was a super extra dumb satement

as for evolution and the bigbang theory especialy. yah they all make "sence" but one thing that no one realy never answered is where it all started all these make no sence it just contradicts all the scientists own beleives. mass/energy can not be created or destroyed those are laws and obviouly thos laws where brocken, well by what by who so you mean to telll me these laws where brocken by accident or was it when god created the world these rules where put forth and never brocken again and wont be brocken until he decised they need to be brocken.

+-50,000 years ago a (cave)man sat and admired his new spear. His female companion(s) made clay pots, which he observed. He then stared at the landscape. A question occurred to him, "If men and women make the weapons, the pottery, the huts, the moccasins, who made the trees, the hills, the creatures that we hunt to eat?" He answered his own question, "Must be a..........very large man!" So gods were born, as the answer to the questions that men can't yet answer correctly.

well last time i heard caves mens where not the brightest of creatures and i'd dount they'd have the brains to even second guess how things come to be or even care so no what you said makes no sence.

If there were gods, I'd reject them. I have no desire to be enslaved by a powerful alien from outer space. I support my species.

see this is one thing i always encounter whenever there is a god is real argument or sorts it's when the only reason someone doesnt beleive is because they cant take the fact that there may be more to themselves then they think or that there may be "someone or something" that is more powerfull then they are they just cant seem to axcept the fact. and you're not enslaved genius.____________________________________________________________
for those who dont beleive in christ go to church once not with a negative attitude but a posive and open to sugestion kind of attidute. you'll be there etheir thinking this is so stupid and laughing at everything the pastor says. or you will found a new love in christ. try it you never know what might happen.

Well, i dont personally believe that there is a god. But i think that god is not really a physical being, but something people believe in, for comfort, or whatever.Yet god is supose to be everywhere, so SURELY he or she (or neither) is not physical, but more like a thought. but more than a thought, like a shared though. But thats my opinion.

What is God? Good Question...

Althought I do not agree with L. Ron Hubbard about anything but this, he put it beautifuly... " If you want to become rich for nothing, Start a religion" (something to that effect, I fail to remember the exact wording)

"God" is what we as humanity choose it to be. I personally beleive that it is all a hoax, though I do not fully doubt the existence of an omnipotent being of some sort, I fail to see the validity of religion, other than a cheap parlour, smoke and mirrors operation to obtain wealth and power, and lastly control of global interests...

If you havent already seen it, watch the movie, I did, and it not only backed my previously formed opinions, but showed me a dfew things as well...

Zeitgeist-The Movie

What is God... one of the few questions you just don't ask. According to various bibles, God apparently created the earth. So for a random theory I just invented, God is your mind. That sounds a little weird, but let me explain the logic. God created the world, which is beautiful, right? Do you think the world is beautiful? Or Ugly? Which ever you think is the way you see the world, and thus you created, in your mind, the way the world is, or at least how your mind sees it. So in reality everyone creates their own world. Sure the actual world is a template for that, but your mind is still doing it. Life is all a mind game. Two people in the exact same life can be opposites. One depressed and miserable and the other the happiest person in the world. It all depends on how they see the world, their attitude, just how their mind perceives the world around them.

these people who does not believe in God, have their own God.but mind them, they have their own God in which we do not know.naturally, these people will insist to the God that we believe.thus, i believe that we have our own description or idea about what God is.