xisto Community
stingray001

Windows Xp Sp3 - High Alert DO NOT DOWNLOAD

As of the moment, there is already a legitimate SP3 already but just to be on the safe side, look for it on the official windows site since I got mine from the windows update.

I have to agree with you dual, but I used XP and download that 1st SP3 Mistake I know. then I got word of the real one. tried that one and to be honest. Found it to slow my PC down to a crawl. So after a lot of debate I reinstalled everything once again and now only use SP 1 and 2 and it works like a dream. So I feel and it may only be me. but a lot of these packs may just be just that packs. packs of nothing.

From what I read on the white papers for SP3, none of the features or updates are even considerable for Joe Schmoe, the average consumer. A lot of the updates have to deal with networking updates and whatnot... I actually remember talking about how SP3 was unnecessary to just about everyone minus the commercial sector. (I can't remember where my post was, nor can I find it or want to spend the time finding it right now... because I'm lazy.) :P So in short, as most of you already know, I recommend to the highest degree to stick to Windows XP Professional SP2 for stability, usability, and yada... and if you have ANY flavor of Linux or Mac OSX 10.x, more power to you all, because those would be the better/equivalent for most people anyway. :P And of course, as much as I hate Vista and dread what Windows 7 has to offer (since it seems to have a Vista core), if it works for you, great.

I don't get what was the fuss with SP3 when it came out. Not that I ever upgraded things when I was on Windows XP, with a SP1 back then — but a game didn't want to play and the reason was non-installed SP2. I've seen how SP3 looks on both of my cousins ..cough..pirated...cough.. machines, and switching the keyboard layout doesn't work! When you open up Wordpad or any other thing like that and switch to something other than English, it will come back to English. If you force it in the settings for other language to be active and type something, garbled characters will come out, like you are writing Chinese or something :PAlso, I hear those who want to play GTAIV on their XP machines, must have SP3 installed :P

SP3 is working well for me without any problems. Even I had seen a little rise in the performance of my system. My system with SP3 is working little bit faster than SP2, I'm sure about it. All games and softwares I installed are working as usual without any problems.

SP3 is working well for me without any problems. Even I had seen a little rise in the performance of my system. My system with SP3 is working little bit faster than SP2, I'm sure about it. All games and softwares I installed are working as usual without any problems.

Yes, they all do work, it's a newer serial pack - ofcourse they will (well unless the programmer is an 1d10t). But I can't get the keyboard locale to change anywhere I go. Can you please try to change (with any language) if you have time as I am unable to test on this computer which runs gnu/linux to see if it'll work?

hey u all knw tht the service pack on net downloads is the courrpted oneit will work bt will also create many problem so beaware and always use winxp originalor else use ubuntu which is free and any one can downloadfor further assistence contact me..........testingpirakx@gmail.com

Yeah when i applied SP3 a couple of years ago, it gave my computer a perminent blue screen, and corrupted EVERY single boot file - so the bloody computer would never boot up!Well i suppose that was some time ago, and i install sp3 on every xp machine now - who cares, what they say - i feel more safe with the latest service pack on my machine :DWhy do we need windows anyway? LINUX exsists!

:D Hey, this topis is started in 2006 !!!And it is referring to a beta release of Service Pack 3.So, the alert is very absolete, it's perfectly fine now and even recommended to upgrade to SP3.I've used it smoothly for a long time.

yup i also think that sp3 is corroupted as its having some problems while i downloaded and installed it on my computer so plz dont download it also take care to use only to use windows original cd and software to protect your computerall the best