xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amir691

Will Google Be The New Microsoft?

Google is finaly going to put off microsoft from the monopoly position they owned before, Google will attack Microsoft by taking over the internet, Microsoft will have a pretty small marketshare after that because the internet is the future. Microsoft sticked to much to their old concept.

I don't think Google is trying to become microsoft in anyway. Google support open sources softwares as we can see it promoting firefox browsers and other software which it releases freely. And I don't think Google will take over the domain where microsoft is already well established nor Microsoft can encroach to Google domain where google is a leader once again. I personally think that Google will continue to dominate where it is already a leader and will try to assert its leadership for a long long time to come. While Microsoft too will try its best to protect its domain.

Well my view is that, no wonder google is the best search engine ever but Microsoft is Microsoft. What has google done in all these years? Google was just any other search engine. The only thing that kept them ahead is the their website is extremely fast and reason being that they havent put crap on their website like yahoo has. Yahoo! was no wonder the best some years before, but thing have changed because yahoo is slow and they no more just search engine company. I remmember is used to know yahoo as a search engine. And if i share my personal experience, the only reason why i dont use yahoo search engine any more is that the website is real slow and they have a lot of unwanted stuff on their homepage in addition to seach engine.All i wanna say is that Google has Changed nothing. It is just an ordinary search engine who has GROWN in real sense. Now there is no information on the internet which is not available on google and since google progressed in their search engine technology they came up with new services like gmail, picasa, Google Earth etc. But are they up with anything new??Gmail is 2GB and fast. If you search on the net, you can find some email providers providing more than 10GB of storage.If we take Google earth, there are other softwares also similar to it. One is from NASA, well i dont remmember the name correctly.This shows that google is not up with something new. They have all the services.Now lets take Microsoft.We all know that if Microsoft would have focused on the Internet they would have gone far ahead of Google. I think they are the best. Do you think google can really make something like Windows XP or VISTA which have changed the whole world. More than 90% of this world uses Microsoft Operating Systems. Windows is simply the best (except in the case where you wanna do some hacking and all). Though Linux is more Powerfull but it aint as easy to use. Microsoft has changed the dimension of Operating Systems. They have changed something like DOS to WINDOWS and dont you people remmember, they were the first company to provide free email called HOTMAIL. And in those days Microsoft was thought of somethin like we think of Google Today. But things change with time. Microsoft didnt focus only on Internet. They focused in software technology and dominated it. They have the best products and technology around.

I think that Google may become as big as Microsoft, but even if they don't there forcing Microsoft to come up with better applications faster to keep up with the pace that Google is producing them. Either way its good for us.

Well, google need not be the new microsoft in the first place. It has potential to get itself on to a differnet plane.. Microsoft is obsessed with Operating Systems and other softwares while google deals with internet. But , i read microsoft might change gears ,and might shift to internet technologies pretty soon. Saying that , there have also been rumours that google is planning to develop/has been developing, an operating system of late. Inspite of these two pretty good with what they are right now, i dont see any big rivalry between these two companies. atleast until now..

Google has stepped off of its "internet plate" It still provides good service on the internet, gmail, google pages, the google web accelerator and numerous other things. Google has expanded onto the desktop now. With the good desktop search, Picasa, Google Earth. Not too mention all the other programs google has made.It may take over microsoft's share in the office suite. I dont think google would go as far as to start a new operating system but they might make something to the equivilant of Open Office and MS office, but you never know with google...

In terms of office softwares, google will definitely not in the recent future, beat Microsoft and takes overy its place. No matter how great it is on the internet, as far as I am concerned, Microsoft will remain the giant in computer office softwares and Operating systems. If you have tested out office 2007(microsoft), then you know how good microsof's softwares really are.Lastsupper

Well, Microsoft top programs are focus on the inbuilt programs instead of on the web ones, while google are more towards to the web based stuff... Microsoft Office has a very nice GUI and definitely leads among all other similar programs... Both different companies have their strong point and they'll not be beaten... Same goes for Gmail and hotmail, since I still see lots of ppl using hotmail as hotmail now targets at ppl with little or doesnt really cares about the new technology ppl which a huge percentage of them which are still using hotmail and are contended with it while ppl like us are more into it and prefer google stuff like huge storage space Gmail...

Google can rock the computer world like Microsoft, it has got potential. If you see the last few years, Google has expanded tremendously, from only being a search engine to potentially becoming a Internet gaint.You can see the products they are coming out are making browsing more comfortable, fast and secure too. They are looking to completely dominate the internet world. Few years back Yahoo was dominating in eMail section but now with Gmail things have changed and people have switched to ads free (only text ads), Gmail. Yahoo messenger and Msn are still going strong but with Gtalk becoming more popular, it can become no.1 soon. There are many other products like notebook, orkut, google pages, google earth, base and many others which are making browsing fun.With Google we can get virtually everything in the internet with just one userid and password, which will make life a lot easier. The only thing now Google should look is to make an operating system with all its products embeded in it.Bill Gates is quiting Microsoft and so will be the people will do with Windows. I belive, the day Google makes the operating system, which most probably will be free or else price will be lower than Windows, that day will be the end of Microsoft era.

I'm tired of people saying that Google is the new Microsoft, Google isn't anywhere near Microsoft. Not even the Microsoft of 1980. Google is ofcourse very similar to the Apple of old, right down to the multi colored logo. Anyone who visited Apple's headquaters three decades ago, can tell you that its very similar to Google's, not just in the interior deorating, but the attitude of the people working there as well.

Google may be the new Microsoft if we see it from outside but technically speaking it is NOT POSSIBLE for Google to be the new Microsoft . GOOGLE MAY BE THE NEW LINUX ,because recently Google has recently upgraded all its desktop and servers to LINUX . At present Google runs on LINUX and it does not use any of the MICROSOFT products . So therefore technically speaking GOOGLE IS AN ADVANCED LINUX and it will soon show wonders using LINUX.

Edited by nirmaldaniel (see edit history)

Personally, I guess it is possible, but it won't happen in the near future. Google doesn't stop growing, I have no doubt that, this way, they will become a really big company(bigger than now, I mean.) but they are not even close to Microsoft. So it may take, I guess, 10 years until they are a bit close to Microsoft size

i think is proberly be the new microsoft or join with it or buy it or microsoft buys them.like they got myspace and youtube atm i think... get them lots of money and programs like sketch up they new own witch is sweet cuz they released a free version.. but yeah.. google will take over the world :lol:

the difference between microsoft and googlemicrosoft is greedygoogle - I use most of their applications and they're free of charge. Google Analytics is awesome. Gmail is faaaar better than hotmail, and their online word processor is a great alternative to office

In my opinion, google, rather than take over microsoft, can make its own microsoft similar desktop and laptop personal computers, I think that it would probably a nice, smooth white tower, a flat screen moniter, and the button for turnon/off would be a blue G and restart button would be a red G. And on the side, it would probably have the google logo and all. And I had a couple name ideas for it as well: Google Desktop Google-Top G-Inventor GD-i6000 Google Desk Elitewhat do you think? well feel free to comment on my name ideas and theories. and its a nice thought, just think if we could have an even better system than microsoft.