xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amir691

Will Google Be The New Microsoft?

In my opinion, google, rather than take over microsoft, can make its own microsoft similar desktop and laptop personal computers, I think that it would probably a nice, smooth white tower, a flat screen moniter, and the button for turnon/off would be a blue G and restart button would be a red G. And on the side, it would probably have the google logo and all. And I had a couple name ideas for it as well:

Google Desktop

Google-Top

G-Inventor

GD-i6000

Google Desk Elite

what do you think? well feel free to comment on my name ideas and theories. and its a nice thought, just think if we could have an even better system than microsoft.

Even better than Microsoft? That wouldn't be hard at all. Everytime Microsoft releases a new O/S, they're releasing more restrictions along with it. The DRM's get worse, the O/S gets more and more bloated which usually requires the user to perform a Hardware upgrade (for no apparent reason), the user-friendliness lessens, and the 0-day viruses will just keep increasing.

I couldn't imagine Google actually manufacturing Operating Systems or Computers. Though, it would cool if they did. And they probably would closely fit LethalX's description. I've read on a few sites that Google is going to be coming out with their own Internet Browser called GBrowser. A quick Whois lookup gives reasoning that there might be a GBrowser.

Google is certainly expanding. It's hard to believe what they've become today, looking back at the early days when Google was started as a Project at Stanford University, searching less than 100 pages, featuring a table of a few links to special searches / information about Google, an Archive of 'Google Friends', and a subscription service informing you monthly about any updates to the Google site.

Google may be able to produce things far better than microsoft, but microsoft was the first(Nearly), and these days everyone has a computer, and most of the products they use are from microsoft. The competition has come too late. I think microsoft got in first, and is too far ahead.

I think Goole will be more strong by the time passing.Many more applications will be moved to internet rather than running in local computer, such as office suite which is the most used software and make most money for Microsoft now.We can see Microsoft is doing hard work with keep up internet's step.Who will win the race is not so clearly now.

Microsoft is slow. Thats all. They have yet to produce another wonder like Windows XP. I feel bad for them. Vista was a flop, they had to make a deal with Dell to sell copies of Vista. Nobody wants vista, its so highly disregarded. Also, their games are flops too. Only good game they have on the market is Gears of War. Halo is dead, nobody wants it again, Halo 2 was another attempt for Vista encouragement, but it has been cracked. I hate microsoft, go Google!@

I don't think Google would become a software giant . In fact, I don't think google even WANTS to become a tech mammoth like MS. Google, unlike Microsoft is careful about public image. Google is designed to the younger "YouTube" generation like myself(Mac ads says it all). As long as they make appealing products they would continue to grow in their own little arena. As for becoming like Microsoft, that would take a long time and effort from google. There is no way Google could become similar to MS as MS already dominates the OS and Software industry. Not to mention Google has to compete with rival companies like Yahoo.

Edited by birudagmawi (see edit history)

It is good that google is making M$ feel uneasy. M$ has been lagging behind for quite a long time on email and search functions. While google still cannot compete with M$ on the software side. M$ also owns a very popular instant messanger, something that google wants to take over, but still not very successful. I would be glad if google can come up with their own OS, so that we will have alternatives to M$ products. But the edge of google does not seem to be here.

A google OS would be so cool. I could just imagine what the desktop would be like. It would be like the most convinent OS ever. They could take down M$ if they just made an OS.

i don't know what you mean by - the next microsoft.do you mean like it will have the same influence on computer users that microsoft has or do you think that they are going to go into making operating systems?i think you mean the first one so i say yes. google already had a huge influence on computer users and that is increasing with every new product they come up with. google earth, google chrome, google maps, gmail. google has so much influence on our lives not just in the search field but all round. microsoft is kind of fading. yes you use windows and microsoft office but once you buy that the real time you spend on the computer is on the internet which = google.

What can you expect some operating system do for you in a new way? Almost everything is being done by the OS already in the market- the point is that if you talk about stand alone system technology, it is low in innovations. On the other side if you talk about the internet technology it is quite innovative, dynamic and fast changing. Microsoft operates in the first domain, where as Google operates in the second domain and that is the basic reason behind their different degrees to being innovative and receptive to the changes in the technology. Where I do not deny the possibility in the coming future about it, Google never made any operating system, neither it tried foraying into this domain. But as far as current developments are considered, MS has been into almost everything, OS, mail, search or say internet technologies. The pace with which google responded to the environment in the internet, MS failed to it and now it is not an eminent player in the field, whereas google is a pioneer. Google is definitely best when it comes to introducing trend changing concepts and I personally admire google. Hope that soon it will become a giant in internet technologies- but before making any predictions let us wait and watch! This is quite an uncertain world.

Google in last year had a big sucssess,earning a millions on dollars but now with a cooperation between microsoft and yahoo I think that Google will loose if they dont have a another plan.But in this case microsoft and yahoo are stronger than Google.

It depends on whether google wants to become the new microsoft. Some people are preety sure that google will never be as popular as microsoft on the software side but i think that if they can come up with a good operating system there will be no limits to where google could reach. One thing i noticed why some people like hotmaill more is because of a very simple thing. It has a very mordern look. Google looks very outdated but their service is good but some people this days just want a morder kind-a-look which even i agree. Google should also come out with their own scripting language and cater more to newer developers. If they follow all this , I am sure that they will go ahead of microsoft in no time.

Google and Microsoft are two completely different companies with different goals.Microsoft makes gaming systems, OS's, PC programs, etc.Google is more into the online thing, with search engines, social networking, etc.Google also helps out many government programs like NASA and others, plus does a lot of stuff for "the people." I view Google as being more of a "you and me" type business, but then again, the owner is what, 25 or so now? (At least, the guy who created Google. I'm thinking he was younger than that... He was like 22 when Google became big).But will Google be Microsoft? No. The reason is simple : They are two completely different companies with two completely different views as to how things should work.

I wouldn't think that Google will be the new Microsoft. Google started off as a Search Engine where Microsoft started by developing BASIC for the Altair 8800.I think that the companies may do similar projects in the future but in some ways different. An example would be Google Docs an online document editor while Microsoft did Microsoft Office, this has caused Microsoft to plan an online web version of their Office product for their next release as that seems the way forward.Their goals and vision will probably never ever match they will always have their own ways of doing things that people will either use or will not.

True. Google is a pre-millenium company and Microsoft is a 1983 or less! community. 1983 because that was the release of the first Microsoft Word ever. And no Google will never beat Microsoft in any means. If Google is reading this, I don't care.They can be a great search engine, better than Bing but I never used any Google services except email and search, I always used Microsoft sincever I born so no, Google will not do jack s*it to Microsoft.

With Google coming up with an OS, they are believe to be heading to MS stronghold, that is OS and Application. But as things stand at the moment, they are 2 different entities with different objectives. Google dominates the search and "web2.0" arena while MS, well still in the OS and Application.