xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amir691

Will Google Be The New Microsoft?

I think google is indeed heading the MS way, but is a little better than the latter. Google isn't taking a lot of money from people right now, while MS asks something for any small thing they make. So google does seem a little better. But like MS, google is always looking to monopolize everything they do. They're looking to become the kings of the market, poking into every business that seems successful. They're not content! This does seem a lot like what MS has been doing over the years so yeah I would say that google is looking to take MS's bad name as well!!!

Google versus Microsoft. Or the war of the titans. But i think that both belong to different sectors of the computer world. I think that Google rules the internet literally without any doubt. But Microsoft had its reigns on the hardware part and the OS part from the start. Google never entered it, so no competition there. But Microsoft tried to enter the internet world, had a search engine i think, which i never used. Google beat the *bottom* out of Microsoft and no other company is any match to it. I think Microsoft will always be thought of as the bully and Google as the no evil angel ;)

Google has a much different ambition than almost every other company out there, even when compared to Microsoft. The purpose behind Google's behavior is not simply a matter of profit; it's actually a very humanitarian and ideological effort which drives the company to continuously innovate and excel in terms of potential rather than drive home the highest amount of profit possible from the bottom line.In other words, Google aims to accomplish something beyond making money, which is basically all that most companies really seek to do. As for what Google wants to succeed at and WHY, well... there's some speculation there, but a prevalent idea is that Google wants to totally liberate the digital age and the information it contains before another group with less noble intentions works to control it (such as the government). Basically, if Google becomes totally entrenched, then there is no room for the likes of any controlling bodies to regulate and administrate what we find on the web and the way we access information.You won't find that idea on any of Google's press statements or anything related; it's simply conjecture, but is consistent with what the company does and the philosophy it maintains towards its stated goals.

I DUN THINK SO COZ google is a search engine and i think microsoft is an os based company..these two are oth entirely different aspectsyou can say that can yaoo be the next google

I think you're ignoring few things about microsoft. Microsoft is not just OS based company. They have software development department that does software development in search engines, cloud computing, cross platform software development(currently they've only support for mac os and beos/os2 etc), virtualization and grid computing. They literally cover almost every domain in software development. So your perception of Microsoft as OS based company is wrong. They're into search engine development and marketing from last decade. You can say earlier before Google started search services. Before google, MSN search was powered by few companies data like excite,infoseek and some others. They even purchased one search engine company in order to get grip over search engine business and to jump into race of search engines. Earlier results of microsoft's search engines were not based on some rank algorithm but more on keywords and crawled results of multiples search engines either partnered with MSN or owned and operated by MSN.

and one more point is you're unaware of yahoo's condition. Yahoo can't get back into market as of now. cause they're losing search customers very rapidly and some of the services of yahoo are shutting down now. So there is no way they can get customers on those services. As of now Yahoo! can't be next google.

Dear friends I think both of them are leaders in their respective fields and that both of them can't counterpart each others field of expertise. So In todays context beating Microsoft in software front is not that easy and similarly on the other hand beating Google in the internet ads, and searching fields is not that easy. By the way we can't forsay the future right now but its what I can see in front today. ?

Yes, I think Google will become the new Microsoft. This new giant has involved in various aspects in I.T., eaten many many companies, and even wanted to have her own OS......just let me think Google is very ambitious, to be a new MS.