xisto Community
wild20

Windows Vista: The Next Os? Will it be?

well, its going to supposrt Direct X 10, so thats a reason to buy it/upgrade if your a gamer :)Also the game library will make gaming more organised . . . . If i get an extra gig of ram i might aswell upgrade. The GUI is more than that tho, it will have some added functionality.i'm not blown away by Vista, but not dissapointed either.

Pardon Me in my skepticism. Yes I like Windows and have used it throughout my time on the internet. However I got to say no matter how many differant upgrades you make with windows it always has bugs and at some point after running it for a long time it gives you the blue screen of death. Yes I am aware that there are actually people out there that might actually never have problems with windows and love it alot. I have to say that I loved windows for a long time too. However after a long battle with my old computer I found that when I moved over to Linux I had way less freezing problems as well as crashing problems. Sure I have other issues like compatability. But There are ways around that. I am pretty sure that when I get a new computer I will probably go with Windows to give it another chance but until then I am sticking to Linux for the time being.

i was going to switch to mac, but i heard about vista. i think it will be good. i really dont need much more features than what xp has and i want it because halo 2 is gunna be released for vista and i dont have an xbox. i think the 3d windows thing will be cool.

eh...someone know where can get windows Vista beta 1 ? by the way ,the new windows seems like will take a lots of system memory . whats the requirement for use it ar? RAM need 1GB ddr2 ? CPU speed 3.2Ghz? Graphic card can use ATI products? because i heard some friends said the directx 10 will not support ATI. must use directx 10 ar? cannot use olds one likes 9.0c ? another methods is was the new windows Vista come along with any special features likes come with any software?haha..i wont be use this new windows Vista if it not support ATI product. :)

I have heard and seen some pictures of this new OS. It is going to be so totaly awesom! I want one when it comes out. but i have a feeling that Vista is going to be more than XP was when it first came out. The new features, the awesome looks, and all the new software that it comes with. I'm drooling! I think that all the computers that have XP will drop in price a lot when Vista come out. I can't wait!

I am positive that Vista will have the new Aero theme in time for its holiday season release, as well as the Gadgets and defenitely IE7. It's nice to see that Micro$oft decided to put tabs into IE (finally). But I wouldn't think that Vista will be significantly cheaper - especially the higher end ersions, like Vista Ultimate (or whaever the heck they call it).

I'm sure that at some point I will be forced to upgrade to Windows Vista (what with compatibility issues and lack of support over time), but until that time comes, I doubt I will switch. In any case, I will NEVER buy a brand new Microsoft product. Give them about a year to figure out and at least attempt to fix all the MAJOR bugs, then you can switch and tolerate the minor ones.

Just as a performance tip for Windows Vista. This may sound amazing, but when you have a .bmp (bitmap) image, if you zoom it in qill never get blurry, doesn't that sound amazing! I mean can't believe how powerful of a video card you will need just to run the OS. I mean gamign will be a whole different concept.

Vista is just a Mac OS X clone, only it wastes more system resources to do effects that do absolutely nothing but waste processor power when your playing games. I'd hate to see how much power Vista's explorer will eat off my processor, the performance in playing games without it is already fairly dramatic.

Hey, i have been following the development of windows Vista(longhorn) for a long time. They have realeased many betas for Windows Vista. The earlier versions of the beta's were called Windows Longhorn but The newer versions are called Windows Vista. I believe it is more like an improvement on Windows XP rather than a whole new experience like the Windows Xp was over windows 98/Me/2000. The Windows Vista has many new feature that were not in Windows XP. It has a sidebar which allows one to manage all his stuff and provides an easy access to things. But i heard from somewhere that this sidebar was removed due to some reasons. The Windows Vista has an all new GUI. It is called the Aero. It has 3d viewing and windows can be rotated and there are a lot more things which can be done in the new GUI Aero. The thing that Microsoft has been working hard for so many years is the security and in their new version of Windwos too they have stressed more on security rather than anything else. They have all the all new look, fonts, windows, icons and much more. They have upgraded the core system and increased the security which they believe is most important since many computer crashed due to the Blaster virus which affected almost every computer of the world some years back. Now microsoft have come up with a technology which can internally fight against these viruses. They new operating system has again the best stability. It has the most advanced stability. This Version also comes with some new hardwares and more possibilities and more technologies. With this new version of windows they have also upgraded their office to Office 2007. The beta of this is available at microsoft's website.Windows Xp had only a few version of the Operating system like Windows XP Home, Windows XP Pro, Windows XP Media centre etc but Windows Vista has about 7 version. i dont know the exact number. But the superior of all is Windows Vista Ultimate which has all the new features created by Microsoft for their new operating system.One version Windows Vista Business is designed to meet the needs of business organizations. It has a strong security system and protection from attacks from all. This version also backs-up information and data on the computer automatically and also protects it. It always makes it easy to organize and share information.It also has a built-in protection against malicious software, or malware. This version of Windows would also warn long before a hardware failure occurs so that information can be saved and backed up. It is the best operating system made for Buisness Organization(My own view).Windows Vista's latest version is Beta2 which is can be acquired though microsoft website. The MSDN subscribers and the TechNet subscribers have easy access to it and also for the General Public it can be downloaded by registering for a Windows Vista Customer Preview Program (CPP) launched by Microsoft in which they would provide the general public with betas of Microsoft Vista.

Edited by jayron (see edit history)

Vista is just a Mac OS X clone, only it wastes more system resources to do effects that do absolutely nothing but waste processor power when your playing games. I'd hate to see how much power Vista's explorer will eat off my processor, the performance in playing games without it is already fairly dramatic.

*Gasp!* How can you say something like that?!!? Vista is nothing like a Mac.

Vista to compete with MAC? Oy... It's definitely a pain to network if you've never used the system. (I did High speed cable tech support) It's also a bit of a pain to direct people around because they move almost everything. I've played on Vista in total about an hour so I can't bash it that much but I know that with the one High speed cable provider it can be quite the pain.

I've heard a lot of people saying this and I have to agree.

When they made Vista they put Mac OS X Tiger on a table and told them to copy that.

And to be honest they didn't do so good.

Can't WAIT for Leapord.

Yet another giant leap ahead of M$.

I wonder how long it'll take for the next Windows OS haha.

Well I think that this discuss has gone of the charts from the initial topic and there are many more discussions about windows vista and every aspect of the operating systems in the operating systems sections. Good luck All. Also I will just say that windows vista is good and that apple is still after microsoft for many reasons out of which I will pull just few over here. Price Apple that is Mac is a lot more expensive then PC with windows then architecture which is the same and one more is compatibility that is windows is more compatibal with other operating system meaninng that because windows is mostly widespread operating system today.