xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sumaru

What Is Yoga?

What is yoga?Yoga means union or unite. Like ?one? and ?one? equal to ?two?. But in higher level of yoga, there is ?one? and ?one? equal to ?one?, being single by mixed up. In practical yoga, ?yoga? term is used as a way or process or procedure of being united. It happens according the demand of individual, such as, union of mind and body, union of conscious mind and sub conscious mind, union of one?s mind and another?s mind, union of individual?s mind and god mind. An active effort to fulfill one?s demand through yoga procedure is called yoga practice and worship. The internal truth is disclosed to a ?yogi? I mean yoga performer, when it happens the right union between ?yogi? and his subject. An yogi also get the control on his subject of yoga. There is the success of yoga. ?Om Soham? Sumaru A devoted disciple member of Bikashpath

i heard that only woman do that sport...umm,only i know about yoga is a kind of bonny gymnastics?i have no idea.

Nah it's not just a woman sport lol. I think guys do it too. Some people do it so they can relax their minds and some do it to lose weight and stuff like that. I don't personally do yoga. I think you only thing woman do yoga because that is all that is advertised I think guys just don't want to admit that they do it because they think the same as you.

Well usually people think that YOGA is just some sort of practice - i mean phisical practice, but it is far more than that. Yoga is the most prestigious field of spiritualism..people think about 6 wheels (Chakras) or lotus flowers present in the spinal card, which are not seen by the eyes...They are imaginary and so they carry some inner meaning!! And this is very important concept that is often forgotten...

I don't even know what yoga is. I just know it helps circulation and other aspects of the human mind and body. I did "yoga" once like in the morning copying the lady on tv with her moves. lol. it was iono invigorating?? lol. it wa slike 5 am or something. i wasn't even tired..

I practice a sort of half-version of yoga. Chakras have something to do with it but that's not how I practice it. Yoga is basically to me, a way of doing exercises that helps one feel better about theirself and stuff. Stress relieving techniques and stuff are also important but not as important as the other aspect. That's what I believe Yoga is.

Lol yeah, i guess it is a type of exercise. But actually... in spanish, thats a word you can use for a water bottle or a can w/e. :)

Hmmm i guess woman do it more because they are more spiritual but i am a man and i practice yoga. In my opinion everyone should do it because it helps you buils confidence and you feel more control over your life. Before i started yoga i was always sleepy, i would easly get mad and stressed but with yoga i feel more awake, focused, and overall i am a happier person. And since the topic of yoga came up i would like to talk about full mental wawerness like mid ofer matter and other sences. so if anyone knows anything a bout it can you please share the information? TY <_<

Yoga is not really a kind of sport. It is being one with mind, body and spirit. And I think guys do it to?I would never do yoga I think it is kinda stupid. Anyone can sit down and say ummmm ummmm...

I have found the HOLY GRAIL of yoga videos. I am talking about Ana Brett and Ravi Singh's Kundalini Yoga Dvd's. They are so much fun and they have nothing but rave reviews on Amazon.com. That's indeed why i bought them in the first place. Boy, i was not dissapointed...Ana does the moves, Ravi narrates them. it is so much fun and they make up their own moves for the most part, like "ravi rolls". And the moves they do are so simple, you would think they wouldn't be as effective as they are in reality. you really do get teh most efficient yoga workout you have ever had. Ana is incrediblly graceful and beautiful. SHe is married to Ravi, who demonstrates a great teaching ability as he guides you through the moves. I would recommend these dvd's to anyone interested in yoga, and definately to anyone who might be getting bored with the 'normal' yoga routine. This is definatly different--and not a 'downward dog' in sight!!!It gives you the greatest benefits in the shortest amount of time. They are worth every penny, and i consider them to be indespensible. They are so much fun you'll want to do them everyday! Ana & Ravi are the best yoga teachers out there, in my opinion.I can't wait to see the new ones that they come out with!! :lol:

Edited by kraizii88z (see edit history)

Definition of YogaThe word "yoga" comes from the Sanskrit root yuj, which means "to join" or "to yoke". Yoga is a practical aid, not a religion. Yoga is an ancient art based on a harmonizing system of development for the body, mind, and spirit. The continued practice of yoga will lead you to a sense of peace and well-being, and also a feeling of being at one with their environment. This is a simple definition.The practice of yoga makes the body strong and flexible, it also improves the functioning of the respiratory, circulatory, digestive, and hormonal systems. Yoga brings about emotional stability and clarity of mind. In the practice of Yoga the ultimate aim is one of self-development and self-realization.Extra InformationThink of this practice as being the means and tools to realign and rebalance your vehicle (body) on a regular basis. You take control and you can then become your body mechanic instead of having to pay someone else to do it (medical professionals). Because your body is finely tuned you will find that your chances for injuries and illnesses will drop as you are in a much more attuned state. You don't want for something major to happen to you before you decide to do something about it. That's reactive behavior and that's going to set you back big time, all you have to do is take action now. Prevention and care is by far the best medicine there is. It all comes down to balance. Getting OlderFor most people getting old is a decision they make whether they know it or not. It basically comes down to the saying - Use it or lose it! Old age and the associated illnesses that come with it are big business, so therefore people in the western world especially are not encouraged to look after themselves. Everyone is worth more in the health business when they are sick.

i heard that only woman do that sport...umm,only i know about yoga is a kind of bonny gymnastics?i have no idea.

Yoga is anything but! Men do it all the time, and you know when you stretch before you exercise? That is a form of yoga. Yoga is relaxing and revitalizing and i higly recomend it. It reduces stress (which scientific studies show that this has other good efects on your body.) And it makes you more flexible.

Yoga is not really a kind of sport. It is being one with mind, body and spirit. And I think guys do it to?

I would never do yoga I think it is kinda stupid. Anyone can sit down and say ummmm ummmm...

Re: TypoMage

Yoga doesn't involve "ummmm ummmm..."

That's called Sacred Chanting and it is done by Monks, Priests, Priestesses, Healers, Warriors, and people of Religious Authority, who enter a meditative state in order to prepare themselves to do a blessing on someone else. Which is NOT something you are in a position to MOCK! Please do at least basic research on the subject.

Edited by Archangel_Baw (see edit history)

What is yoga?Yoga means union or unite. Like one and one equal to two. But in higher level of yoga, there is one and one equal to one, being single by mixed up. In practical yoga, yoga term is used as a way or process or procedure of being united. It happens according the demand of individual, such as, union of mind and body, union of conscious mind and sub conscious mind, union of ones mind and anothers mind, union of individuals mind and god mind. An active effort to fulfill ones demand through yoga procedure is called yoga practice and worship. The internal truth is disclosed to a yogi I mean yoga performer, when it happens the right union between yogi and his subject. An yogi also get the control on his subject of yoga. There is the success of yoga.
Om Soham
Sumaru
A devoted disciple member of Bikashpath

Actually Yoga is ancient indian art .... used to cure many diseases effectively.
You can know more by typing the keyword "learning Yoga" in Google