xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Thelaw

Dvd Drive Problem It Wont Read Anything

Recently my DVD drive was playing everything, today i put a dvd disk in, it says nothing comes up with no auto play or nothing loads at all. so i go to my computer and load from there, it dont load. It says please insert disk... Im like WTF so i put a cd disk in and the same exact thing happened. i tried about 7 different disks including cd and dvd disks and burned ones too. Nothing at all, So i go to google and check around for tuts on fixing this, it gives me this registry thing. Like delete lowerfilter and upperfilter in this folder. I do it, Still nothing happens, so i reinstalled my hardware... nothing happens. So i think the laser for the dvd driver burned out! Anyone else got a clue of what happened or how to fix it. Or is it dead! Thanks

There could be several problems. First off, go to My Computer (windows) and see if it says Drive D:. Drive D is the standard CD drive. Also, do you have any other cd drives? Please post all of the drive letters you see. Also, if you own your copy of windows, or the software that came with your computer, you could try repairing windows. Of course this means you need a working cd drive first which could be a problem if the dvd drive is the only cd type drive you have. Also, some wires may have come loose inside your computer. I had a problem one time where my cd drive wouldnt read music cds, but it read others just fine. So I inserted my disk (on startup but it really doesn't matter) and selected repair windows. After it finished my drive worked normally. A virus may have done something with your drivers. You could try reinstalling your drivers, or getting antivirus software such as Norton and downloading Spybot (spyware,adware etc). I am pretty sure you have to buy norton, but spybot and many other spyware or adware deleters are free. You could also look for a free anti virus software if you don't already have something.

this happened to me a while ago with my cd drive. I would put a cd in and nothing would load and i noticed my cd drive was missing from My Computer and it converted to an image drive. I never found out what the problem was but it came back a few months later. So yours probally isnt broken just something interfering with it. Another thing could be have you installed any new programs becuase i heard that could do it sometimes.

I had the same problem.I opened the drive and cleaned the laser lens.Without any result, I think after a while the laser become useless.The only thing you can do is replaceing the drive with a (newer and faster) model.Or you can even replace it by a DVD writer or if you have a bit of time Blue laser drive.

When cleaning the LASER LENS, Please do not use Chemicals like Alcohol or Hydrogen Peroxide.In some drives, it might work wonders, but in some drives, it can react with the chemical present in the lens to screw it up totally. The best thing to use would be clean water and lint free cloth.

problem with dvd rom

Dvd Drive Problem

I have one thoshiba dvd rom 2001 model .It reads alla cd but not read dvd what is the problem with my drive

-question by sarath

My com is not showing any D drive in my computer it was working now its not it is showing this message (Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)when I go into device management. Any thoughts-question by paul

problem with dvd rom

Dvd Drive Problem

I have one thoshiba dvd rom 2001 model .It reads alla cd but not read dvd what is the problem with my drive

-question by sarath

Is this problem since when you bought the drive ?

Are you sure its a DVD ROM ? :)

Did you check this with some tool to determine what all it supports ?

I'll suggest you check this with Nero tool to determine what types of playback it supports.

My com is not showing any D drive in my computer it was working now its not it is showing this message (Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)when I go into device management. Any thoughts
-question by paul

This happens when some of the driver files get corrupt. Try uninstalling from the device manager and then refreshing. It should detect and reinstall the hardware properly. Your D drive shall be restored :)

writes a DVD, but don

Dvd Drive Problem

My Sony DVD drive was working fine. But now(from abt 4 mnths), it can only write the DVDs, but can't read. These DVDs works fine on other computers.

My drive works well for CDs(read/write), and also it reads few magazine DVDs(not all of them).

I have dual OS(Windows XP / Mandriva Linux) installed.

When an already written DVD is inserted into the drive, it again ask to open the writeable cd folder. When opened to view the content, it shows blank. The same DVD shows the content on other computers.

Any ideas about this?

-question by amit

whenever i put a dvd or cd in my dvd drive i can't view it. i can burn stuff to the dvd but i can't go onto the files like on my computer. its really anoying. i think usb's are way easier to use. if only you could plug them into the tv so you can watch movies from your usb on the tv.

whenever i put a dvd or cd in my dvd drive i can't view it. i can burn stuff to the dvd but i can't go onto the files like on my computer. its really anoying. i think usb's are way easier to use. if only you could plug them into the tv so you can watch movies from your usb on the tv.

This happened to me also.. Are you using Nero 8 with InCD ??

because InCD does these things.. NEways Try uninstalling your writting application and then check your DVD

Hopefully it should work fine

I too have a problemDvd Drive Problem

I have a LITE-ON DVDRW LH-18A1P and whenever I put a DVD in it says I have inserted a CD.

Not only that is says CD Drive (E:) when it's a DVD drive.

When no CD is in it it goes back to saying DVD RAM Drive (E:)

What is wrong? Anyone know?

FEEDBACK PLEASE

Thanks

-reply by Alan