xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Saint-michael Vs Avalon Half Life Battle

Saint-Michael:1Avalon:0

Im not a big fan of tech borders. But to tell you the truth I am a fan of color and blend. And thats exactly what S_M accomlished in this sig battle. Avalon, I likes the backround alot but to me the border and the render just didnt seem like they had the flow. Also was to bright for me, maybe if it was a little darker then you would have had my vote. Overall, gj the both of ya. :)

Saint-Michael:1Avalon:1I really like avalons...I'm not really feeling that tech border though I hate tech borders they take to much away from the sig but the rest is good. And @ Michael that grungy style is really old and its everywhere try something unique and diff (ive seen ur sigs u can be more creative than this :))

Edited by -.AsSaSsIn.- (see edit history)

Saint-Michael:1Avalon:2

Avalon get my vote. I like the tech border and also liked the background a lot. Havent seen too many fractals around.

Saint-Michael:2Avalon:3

I really like Avalon's sig. When I looked at Saint_Michael's... I felt that it was a bit too common. Avalon's is simple, crisp, and even if I must admit that it could use a bit of darkening... I like it. :)

Saint-Michael:2Avalon:4It was a touch decision but i finally decided that i think Saint_Michaels sig is a bit to busy for my likings... where as avalon's is easy and smooth and i like the border

I am curious about people not liking the tech border. Is it they don't like tech borders in general or that it doesn't fit this sig or that they don't like this particular tech border? The reason, (yes, I sometimes have a reason for doing things :) ) I used a tech border is because I thought it fitted the theme so well. The guy is a science geek, (a geek on steroids admittedly) and the game is set in a research facility full of scientists and high tech equipment. Well the first half-life is anyway, that's the only one I have played.I'm not trying to influence anyone's vote, I'm just curious.

Saint-Michael: 2Avalon: 5

Well, i, personally, like the tech border, just would have liked to see some silver shine on the other side as well. But, i'm also fond of the colors used, and the contrast. So, Avalon gets my vote.

S_M, your's is a bit too.. scratchy and grungy. I'd say, it takes away from the sig more than it adds to it.

Saint-Michael: 2Avalon: 7Looks like avalon wins. My vote goes to him because it looks clean, fresh, and it flows well. Mike has a bit too much dark brushing in his (as you can see on the girl's face) and the text could be better.As for the tech border, I think it's just that people don't like tech borders in general. Yours is fine, as it fits the theme, I just think it could use more detail (the row of holes looks odd) and it could be a bit more metallic.Grats Avalon.

gota love avalons, i dont like tech borders but you just gotta love that clean and contempurary theme, you just gotta love it, thats great ncie win there avalon well done, good job, so whos up next for a battle to the death with avalon, to win or not to win that is the question, nice one though as ive said you just gotta love it, and you are the winner, hurray my vote goes liek this:saint:0Avalon:2becasue yours resembles the game more i think, ive never palyeed it and i didnt read the title but when i looked ar avalons i know because of the logo, once again avalon you ahve done a fantastic job, good show and keep up the good work!