xisto Community
no9t9

Best Ways To Generate Traffic How do you guys promote your sites?

You got a nice means of generating traffic Kelp. In addition to what you alresy said, you gotta also add that....You can also add ya site in any email you send send. that is in ya sig. That way people get to know ya website without you knowing it.

my site is tied up with several related Yahoo!Groups :D they are a good source of

traffic especially if these have active members. check out my site:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

and click on the counter located at the bottom of the page to see the amount of

traffic my site gets. :D my Xisto hosted site just launched mid-October, and i'm

proud to have a sizeable membership already after just one and a half months. :D

live sigs (with active URL links, which directs to your site when clicked) are also

very good source of traffic. always use sigs in forums you join to make your

site accessible with a click. :angry:

and of course, nothing beats word of mouth (or should i say "word-of-mouse"? :D)

as long as you have good and updated content in your site, traffic will come your

way in due time. :D

I reccommend using topsites that have to do with your website, what i mean by that is lets say http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, so if youo have a website about cats then you would probably have a good chance at gettin hits by submittin your website at that site and having people vote for you to get it up in the ranks, also use free search engine submissions, you may think they dont work, but they do. Also try spreading the word whenever and wherever you can :D

-Lots of content, or better say, quality content, rich content bring lots of traffic, this must also be mixed with good search engine optimisation, I would suggest to read Google webmaster guidelines. All you get from search engines is called orgaic traffic and is the best traffic for contextual advertising such Google Adsense.-Than you could get lots of traffic from referral sites, and I can mention only some such as facebook and other similar networks, or forums where your exposure of signature links brings free traffic to your site.-Other than getting free traffic you could pay for traffic and use Google Adword, great program for selling products.

Same here but my site has been getting little attention of late.I plan to use SMSs to attract traffic now! I have got a very innovative idea and if it works out, i'll have to generate some money and invest into it.My advice would be for you to start a Facebook Fan Page as well and keep the users posted as well as Twitter account.