xisto Community
ibsu

How Do You Deal Racism, Hate Or Others? With racism/hate/plain idiots?

i try not to think of it as racism, just name calling, because i dont believe in the concept of racism. racism is mainly only applied to white people. any other race pretty much cant get in trouble for being racist. i will not explain any more because i know i would get a lot of people criticizing me. so i will leave it at i dont believe in racism.

solutions...How Do You Deal Racism, Hate Or Others?

If you ignore it they will just keep trying to make you mad. They will keep on picking and picking at the same old wounds until you get so annoyed you feel like screaming. The best thing to do is to calmly confront them. This type of annoying "hateism" is common all over the world, but people don't have enough courage to stand up to it. Once you actually talk to them about these annoyances they might understand. If they keep on doing this you could contact your boss or a teacher on this problem. But before all of that give them a nice punch in the face. It'll help you release stress and terminate your problem. ;)

-reply by anonymous

I was born in new zealand and have lived here my whole life. The thing is, I'm Korean and that is all the people here see. There are kids in my school that reckon my feelings don't matter. Of course I have my friends but they're not that good at being there for me apart from only a handful. The new term is starting tomorrow but I have come up with a kind of way to dealing with this. Stare them up and down and then look away as if disgusted, laugh at THEM- but don't go OTT and stuff like that that make THEM feel like the loser. Not me. Kind of like your're pitying them and make THEM feel stupid.

Usually if I encounter racism or hate or some other form of douchebaggery I will just observe the event unfolding as one might observe a mental patient. Unless there is a physical threat, racism is the problem of the racist and as such it is contained.Words can be emotionally hurtful if you allow them, but it's more a matter of perspective. If someone is attacking myself or another, I don't care what the reason is - it could be hate or just plain craziness - I will defend myself or those whom I percieve as innocent. Otherwise,someone saying stuff can talk until they are blue in the face as far as I am concerned. Actions speak louder than words and it is actions I am more concerned with.A verbal attack can be viewed as just an insane rant, someone letting off steam, even though innappropriate it may be.Of course there are certain ways I would prefer people to be in general such as tolerant, compassionate and helpful towards their fellow human being.But if someone chooses to hold hatred within themselves, it is their choice and right, as long as it does no harm to another.Hatred is like gripping a hot coal tightly waiting to throw it at someone - you are the one who gets burned. (Buddha)

How do you deal with racism, hate or just plain idiots?

This is true. I often laugh it of. Sometimes they mean it and sometimes they don't.

Phoneix.

I am facing some problems in opening this site,

when I opened the link, it says

404: Board Does Not Exist.

Make sure you did not mis-type the URL.

I dont know what it means, like does this site exists?

This is true. I often laugh it of.

Sometimes they mean it and sometimes they don't.

Phoneix.

I don't think I can laugh at that. There are many racist encounters that I've been confronted with before... and well, I don't laugh at it. I just ignore it.

I mean... wouldn't it be weird if you just laugh suddenly in the public when someone just insulted you? Like, on the train or something? I think it would be.

I mean, most of the times when I get racist comments and encounters are most of the time on the streets, lifts and public transport. I just don't think laughing would be appropriate in those areas. It's just well.... not right, if you can put it that way.

Anyway, I usually just ignore them and walk away. My country is a racist country, especially when it was, or used to, keep out people that has appearances that look like me. The old people there still have beliefs that my country should remain free of any other race influences and appearances as they "blemish" the surface of the land, unknowingly conveniently "forgotten" the fact that this land wasn't theirs in the first place, and that they had snatched it away forcefully from the indigenous people that had owned this land for many, many years. ;)

I just feel so sad when this happens. Why can't people learn to accept other people's differences and go ahead with their life? I mean, it's not like that people can CHOOSE to get born in this particular race or whatever. They can't do that. So what will these racist people do if they were born in the "wrong group"? Insult themselves? Throw racist comments on their family and race?

No...

(I'm surprised I went through all that without having to give up my identity of where I'm from and all that. :P But I think I've given enough hints to let your guys have a go to guess where I'm from. :P )

I haven?t encountered racisism but I have a few friends who have. Which I think racism is no need. I mean this was at school and the teacher was listening and half agreeing with the comments being made to her.

Unfortunately there is a huge percentage within this world who have lost the ability to properly empaphize and treat others with compasssion. For these screwed up individuals they dont see a person as they should, but more as an opportunity to offload their personal angst, repressed impulses and insecurities onto.Typically they set out to bolster their ego by driving others down... All i can say is dont let yourself be a doormat, because some are looking out for that. Also handle the things you know to be in your control, ignore the rest of the B.S.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Having grown up around skinhead culture (of the non-racist persuasion) to some degree, I've certainly had to deal with this subject on occasion... be it having to handle white power clowns along the way, or having to explain to members of the general public that having a shaved head doesn't make you a racist. Trust me, it's tough for many people to wrap their heads around the fact that skinheads came from predominantly black working class culture. In any case, I'd like to think I've always made a stand and have been very clear about my values. Do I believe that everyone has to think as I do on that front? Well, no... as nice as it would be to have everyone be a lot more open-minded, I have to accept the fact that I sure as hell can't change everything. However, I do not tolerate anyone's beliefs that they feel gives them the right to harm or hinder anyone else. If you want to believe in separate society for the purpose of your own personal life... fine. I wish you wouldn't and I'll even try to talk with you about it... but I can't force you to change. However, if you in turn take that belief and strike out against those who have every right to their own place in this world... you will hear from me about it, end of story. Be it by verbal or physical means if absolutely necessary. I'm not one to preach "eye for an eye" but there are situations in which all that one truly understands is physical confrontation.The same could be said of religious beliefs and the like. I'm an atheist who grew up in a strong Christian household, but my parents always preached tolerance and accepted whatever path I chose. I will take any opportunity to speak of my outlook, but I'm not about to force it down someone's throat. Education is the key to opening eyes and doors... not condemnation.

Racism is a funny little thing, and honestly I give it hardly any credit. This is mostly due to the fact that I have grown up first in India, where such a thing has been terribly rare at the time, then I came here, to the US, where tolerance of different races were aggressively promoted from a very young age. Racism is a joke because it, I strongly believe, sprouts from uncertainty. When we are uncertain as to what another, foreign thing is, we grow uncomfortable with it. Growing uncomfortable leads us to be increasingly distant to whatever it is that we find alien. In this case, we are dealing with outside culture. Back in the midst of India, the race tolerance was high, different languages and ethnicity found 0 difficulty mingling amongst themselves. It was when I came to the America's that I first ever heard of the word 'racism.' Now a country has many ways of handling diversity, and diversity in itself is a very sensitive thing. Nations in the western world take no real steps to promote acceptance, the people just treat each other like neighbors, and are able to mingle peacefully, without much clash. But for something like that to happen, we have to work under the assumption that the people have no reason to clash and create conflict. Such was true until a while ago in India, before riots broke lose and the internal tension has grown toxic. But that's besides the point of focus, so we go back to America.The thing with America is that, because of it's past history of Slavery, and the Civil Rights movement, a great rift has been creeping up between the races. Race and equality has hit the surface lime light and grown a greatest recipient of interest, which I believe is detrimental to acceptance. The different populations constantly bring up the possible presence of inequality in our community and all this does is create a greater divisor between the declared oppression and the declared oppressed. Having gone down a similar alley for years now, it's hard to find too many families that aren't in some way or another, subconsciously, affected by the constantly resurfacing issues of race. That's what the problem was all along, not slavery, not the Japanese camps during WWII, but our tendency to continue talking about it, picking at scabbing wounds until they are open. I can't assume that I speak for the entirety of the world when I generalize the route of racism in the United States, but I'm fairly sure that our state's divisiveness is born from said circumstances. We see it every day, with all of the articles and public debates we have over how people are treated differently. Talk of how a single African American mother with the same qualifications as a young White man, may have a lesser chance at getting a job than the latter, doesn't really accomplish much. It's a chorus of whining from our populous about hypothetical circumstances that highlights discrepancies in the system. But I think, that if we just learn to accept the fact that the world can never ever be completely fair in and of itself, then we would get along a lot easier. But that's not the case, and we're constantly going to be worried about how we might not be getting the bigger half of the cake. Personally, though my experience is shallow and scarce, I would say that the undertone of racism can't ever really be helped. But, I guess what we're dealing with here would be outright racism, not just sentiment, since after all we can't change how others look at us on the inside.I'm the kind of person that jokes around, a lot. And a lot of what I say refers to my race. Now it's not an intentional step at achieving some sort of race tolerance, but what it does is create an easier environment around the subject of my ethnicity. Racism, as I had tried to define it before, sprouts from uneasiness or uncertainty, so if we smoothed out the land scape concerning the matter, the rough patches and bumsp won't be so hard. It's easy to be accepted by someone when they are able to laugh at the things that you say, and your race is a part of you, so if they are able to talk freely about you and where you come from, then you're not putting them in a situation where they might feel uneasy. So that's my solution, and it probably isn't the best way to approach it, since I have only been exposed to so much racism, but I believe that it has potential. A world that learns to laugh doesn't have the time to hate, right? XD

A topic I won't touchI've seen my share of racism and it sickens meI'm adopted and I have some African in me. and believe me it hurts when your own parents are racist against Africans even tho I only have a few African features and my skin is pale. but it still bothers me because I like black people. well I like anyone reallyI'm a mutt lol I have african/german/american/jewish in me :)Cheers :(

could you help me out to know how to deal with these situation?How Do You Deal Racism, Hate Or Others?Well I'm here in someplace obtaining my phd I spent 13 month till now and I'm the only foreigner here in my jop and unfortunal all my colleges treat me in rasicm manner from the first day I came here and I couldn't leave my study so I have to treat them but I don't know how? I'm stucked-reply by nana

that ugly word racism and its impactHow Do You Deal Racism, Hate Or Others?

I must make my thoughts known since all you hear about lately is racism, racism racism. Look, you have to understand that, never at any time in history, has America been flooded with so many ethnic and racial minorities. When I was younger, people were divided into ethnic neighborhoods, there were the Italian markets, the chinese section, the jewish sections; there was no problem, people existed together in spite of their different backgrounds, the exception was that "there was no violence towards others" Oh, sure there was the kid called skinny, the fat girl laughed at by the boys, the stutterer, etc. But nobody tried to sue the school district or got lawyers, etc. This was part of growing up, you simply cannot protect children or adults from this sort of practice, it must just be ignored; however, due to the impact through movies, internet, and...Violent gangs, this will only worsen. I see what is happening and I truly feel sorry for the teenager who is "different" . When hormones are flowing, the kids will just go after the kid who won't fight back. I remember being pulled around the playground by my hair because I was tall and skinny and most of the children were fully developed..If a child cannot cope, he or she must move out of the school district. Let the violent ones pick on themselves. Their day will come. It is up to the parents to monitor their childs' reaction to bullying and, if it is racial, towards any race, it must be stopped by the school principal. Now, with the internet, a lot of bad things can happen. The black community should not be so sensitive over a silly remark made by a foolish teenager, remarks that they themselves use from time to time. Why fight over these silly things, it's a big world out there and plenty of opportunity to better yourself, when you shout "racism" over every little glance or remark, you actually create an attitude of avoidance, rather than acceptance. You may be young to understand but the words "Pollock, Dago, Wop, Chink have all been used against white people. Did they rally up and attempt to beat someone up, I don't think so, their parents would "do the beating" Try to avoid confrontations, learn to be peaceful, if a white girl chooses a black boy, the black girls should overlook it, and the other way around. We must learn to live together in a peaceful world. Black, oriental, Indian, whatever, get out of gangs...Learn..And you will wind up in Wall Street, no matter what your race. Good Luck!

-reply by Helen Nardo