xisto Community
DaRealChrono

Cracking Programs...

I am against paying for closed-source software in the first place - but that doesnt mean I have to crack at all. There are so many great programs out there that are both free and open source - that way you can get them for free and check that there is nothing in there that you dont want... if you're a pro - which I am definitely not :rolleyes:

Also, the belief that cracking is wrong because then companies who make the programs would not exist is false. Just look at the open source community. I personally think that it is monopolies - like Microsoft - who stiffle the sprit of freedom, just to make themselves a fat pocket... Like the theory about the everlasting lightbulb...

seriously, cracking may be wrong, but there is no need for it. Though I have, I must admit, used a couple keys... got so pissed with Adobe buying out Macromedia that... well... yeh...

But people, Open Source is worth something!

true, and i thought about that when i was writing my original reply. there ARE programmers out there that program just to program. to do something just to see it be done. it's a shame they don't get paid fully for their efforts of good code, but they get paid in other ways such as donations and such or credibility to get their name known and possibly hired on with a company. this is for people who put out freeware or sometimes shareware. open source isn't included because sometimes you have to buy the open source. the software isn't 100% free. there's been a lot of good open source programs but open source only benefits programmers who can edit the source code. it doesn't benefit EVERYONE. also, when someone releases freeware or shareware that is open source, chances are it could have been done better if someone was getting paid...although sometimes not to a hacker who just does it to do it, but money will always be a motivator to put in that extra time and effort. so if everything was open source, the quality wouldn't be as good. the bigger companies who offer open source software makes their money by giving away something for free so you'll come back to buy something that isn't free or <- snipped -> it's the oldest trick in online marketing. microsoft did it, yahoo did it, Xisto is doing it now.

i do like the concept of open source. something that is 100% freely given, but i don't like the cencept of people just taking and not giving their own selves. people take advantage, then when soemthing is freely given, others expect more in the future and look down on those that don't give more when they aren't giving their own selves.}}

Personally I think it depends on the situation. If you're using the program to make money then you should certainly pay for it. But there is a whole class of people (college students included) that don't have the money to put $200 down on a single piece of software. In that case the company wouldn't be getting money from that individual anyways. Not that this justifies or makes it "right" in any way, just a good point from a practical stand point. Also, sometimes it is in a company's best interest to allow people to pirate their software. Both Adobe (specificly in regards to photoshop and imageready) and Maya have publicly stated that they don't mind students illigitament copies of their software. Why is this? Because those same students are going to be the ones running or working for graphic companies in years to come. And they'll most likely stay with the product that they already know how to use--only this time there will be money involved, and so they'll be able to afford it. I think apple may have made a similar comment about final cut pro 4...but im not 100% possitive on that one.

I have to agree with this. I once found a piece of software (no names) that I liked, and there was a free license available for it. Ever since, I have lost the installation file for it after getting a new computer, and also wanted some paid features. I admit it, I got a cracked code for it (once again, no names), and applied it. I ony did that because I don't have nearly enough money to buy the application, it currently goes for $299, which is a ton of money in Mikey-land (I'm sure S_M is in his own little world too, :rolleyes: ). That makes the $70 for IPB look worthwhile.
@Gaea: I have yet to find text confirming this on Adobe's web site. If you could find one, please send me a link to that page that you found that info on.

For programs, if you can't buy it, i'd just use a open-source equivalent. or else settle for less. is saving that $50 for a program (or $600) worth the risk of lawsuit?

anwiii, i apreciate your reply, but that will not change what i do, what i want, what i am, my values, my beleaves, my principles, my way of thinking.I am 28 years old, i am not a kid anymore, so of course i know that cracking programs is wrong (morally and also according to the law which is equall in almost every countrys, almost!)As i said in last replys in this topic, i cracked some programs and i will crack some programs in the future, unless i get really rich so i can buy the programs i want for my profession as a webdesigner and informatics technician, as well as shsw technician (shsw - safety, hygiene, security at work).I few years ago i was thinking like you, i was using freeware editions and open source software, but they are not what i wanted, and still they are not what i want and what i will want, with a few exceptions of course, i know for experience that there are freeware and open source software and operative systems better then the not free ones, and at that time i bought some programs with my earned money, and still, with 2 jobs, i could not afford to buy most of the programs i needed to become i high quality professional in my work areas, and so, i was taking the risk to get behind my competition, and that i wouldn't allow myself happening.So, i started contacting the authors of the software i wanted to ask them if they could made me a better price since i could not afford to pay the full price, and they said no, no explanation, no nothing, and that gave me a reason to start cracking and also to use cracks of other people which are shared in many websites and forums and blogs for that purpose.Do i feel good doing this? no.Do i feel bad doing this? no at all.I really don't care, they had their chance, and they still have, the chance to make better prices, but they don't want, oh, and they also don't mind people cracking their programs, especially adobe, they even apreciate it for some reasons i can't explain, i have to go to work now, perhaps i will tell you later, but i tell you now that are marketing reasons.

I'm not big in programming, but when make a program (for the psp usualy) i always give it free. I never even think about making them pay. They already paid over 300 dollars for all the psp stuff they can't afford anything else... usualy. On the other hand if that is your job and that is how you want to make your money i can understand.So my rules when downloading progrmas isIf im going to use it and then give away the stuff i made with it then i'll pay.If im going to download lets say Windows Icon Maker and make icons for my desktop only, then why should i pay for a program that is only $10 and im using it for my own use and will probably never use it again, but one time.

i know that it is wrong to crack programs but i think like the person said it depends on what the person wants to do with it ! as i see it these oaks who want to charge like $1000 for some program especially when it does not warrant this price deserve to have have their stuff cracked. I personally think that they should try to make it afforable for private users of the software and if they want put it up for the commercial users. But i won't pay money like that for something i am going to use a few time a year where as companys who will be making money off of it and be using it everyday of the year they can justify chargining these big prices but not to private users of the software. know that it is wrong to crack programs but i think like the person said it depends on what the person wants to do wBut when guys crack it and start selling it to everyone i think that is very wrong and those guys should be prosacuted to the max. That is just wrong getting a program cracking it and then selling it that is not right !!! cbut guys who just do that because they know they will only use it a few times a year it is not right but there is no real harm !! I would buy stuff original if it was not priced so outragously when they want you to pay $500 dollars for a program or something stupid like that evenb if i jad the money i still would not pay but if they made their prices affordable i would diffinately buy it

Edited by Reaper (see edit history)

Hi, i agree with all of you who say that there is no problem if students get pirated copies of all these expensive softwares like photoshop, dreamweaver, flash, norton etc. And i read someone has written that the companies know that the students get pirated copies of their softwares and they have officially announced that they have no problem. When the company has no probkem why do some people have problem with that. And also someone said that it represents your character and you can even betray your friends and family if you get pirated copies of all the softwares. But i have a different view. Just because some students dont have so much money to spend on all these expensive softwares they get the pirated versions and after all they are gonna be our future software programmers, graphics designers and other computer programmers. They need all these softwares to learn them, and master them. They are infact our Future. And they ofcourse dont earn so much.. So i think if the students get pirated copies of these softwares there is nothing wrong in it.And it doesnt reflect ones character at all

Hi,

i agree with all of you who say that there is no problem if students get pirated copies of all these expensive softwares like photoshop, dreamweaver, flash, norton etc. And i read someone has written that the companies know that the students get pirated copies of their softwares and they have officially announced that they have no problem. When the company has no probkem why do some people have problem with that. And also someone said that it represents your character and you can even betray your friends and family if you get pirated copies of all the softwares. But i have a different view. Just because some students dont have so much money to spend on all these expensive softwares they get the pirated versions and after all they are gonna be our future software programmers, graphics designers and other computer programmers. They need all these softwares to learn them, and master them. They are infact our Future. And they ofcourse dont earn so much.. So i think if the students get pirated copies of these softwares there is nothing wrong in it.

And it doesnt reflect ones character at all

So, I wonder how these students will feel in a few years, when their programmes are being cracked, and passed around illegally?

Not that I have a problem with cracking software, I have used some myself. At the moment I have AVG pro, which is a cracked version. The stupid thing is, when the updater starts, I get a message saying the copy I have may be illegal, tells me how to get the pro version legally...............and then continues to update.

But, as has already been said, these cracking sites are full of all kind of nasties, so BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID. <_<:ph34r:

DaRealChrono, please be carefull next time, this topic of yours is not for a Freebies forum wich was where post it.Now, this is a very polemic subject, interesting but it will raise many answers, many ideas.I don't know if you cracked or applyed a crack in a program or even an ilegal serial or anyother code to break the program/script security, and by that, removing it's limitations, so i'm going to beleave you've never done that.I'm going to tell you the trueth, i cracked some programs, Photoshop and Norton antivirus was among the first programs wich i applyed a crack, and i had many reasons to do so:- Photoshop is too expensive (1.000+ euros)- Norton programs are also too expensive- Still, i need the best programs (I'm a webdesigner, informatics technician and shh technician so i need the best web design / design programs plus i also need to beprotected when i open files from the internet and others)I could buy them, but i'm not that rich to pay so much money for a program that i know how to crack the limitations.I may have cracked some programs, i might crack programs in the future, but i tell you now, i will never do the same to my friends, i have principles, do you think if i crack a program or whatever it means that i'll steal my friends, no my "friend", i will not, i have principles and rules wich guide me.One think is to crack a program in the virtual world, another is to steal a friend or an unkown person in the real world, both are very different worlds, you just can't compare them like that, it's absurd.Now, please, answer me this questions:- Have you ever toke copies of books in school?- Have you ever downloaded mp3 (music) from the internet?- Do you use p2p programs? What do you download!?- Have you have steal a chocolate in a market or grosserys store?The first one i'm almost sure you did it and perhaps you are still doing, almost everybody in the world makes copies of books, but what they don't know is that is illegal, why, because almost all people don't have permission to take those copies of the copyrighted books or whatever information, they don't have the respect of asking for those rights, for that licence.Concerning the other questions, also i'm almost sure you did it, i don't know you, but statistics don't lie, perhaps you are an exception, if you say so i'll beleave you, but the point is that everyone does illegal actions everyday, all time, for any reason, now, does it mean that if you take copies of books then you also steal friends or take copies of your friends work?I could talk forever here explaining you why not one person (with a few exceptions) is an example to say something about cracking programs, think about this.If you say so, i'll do an effort to beleave you but, it is very very hard to beleave you did not make copies of books or anyother copyrighted material such as books and other works that normally help students and workers achieve better school marks or courses marks as well as in a profession.It's very hard to beleave you did not make copies, unless you are rich or you did not go to school.Here in europe, things are very expensive, and in schools as well as in all places, people makes copies of copyrighted material all the time and that's also illegal, cracking programs is also illegal but most people crack programs because they need them, it's not for playing around with them.I could tell tons of other examples that most people do, and most of them do not even know that they are comicting an ilegall action.You could say lots of things, i can beleave you, but it takes a hard effort for me to beleave it because i didn't burn yesterday or 2 seconds ago, i have a lot of experience in the real world, with people, and one thing reality tought me is that no one is an example to critisize other, no one is an example in all things like morally, professionaly and so on, to say that cracking programs is bad, i know it, but let's not forget the other things too like the example of copies of books in school/courses/work.i also want to learn about this can any 1 please tell me how to crack any soft.

Notice from mayank:
There is no need to put too many "equal to" signs to create the paragraph. That way it will be considered as cheating the credit system and that may cost you a warning in future
Edited by mayank (see edit history)

This is very interesting discussion, and have many question in answers of people. In my Opinion:As a programmer, i will hate people who are making cracks....................but as a student, who have not such big amount of money to buy/purchase liscence of expansive softwares, than i'll use these cracks.Cracking of those softwares which are related to your commercial use is not a good thing, because you are making money from these softwares, if you are a student or a begginer, than you may use Cracks/Serial, But if you are a professional and doing professional jobs, than this is your professional honesty to buy true liscence from maker.

Notice from mayank:
Deleted one of the double post

Sorry gaggu007, not here, it's illegal in this forums, sorry.

I hate people who download programs and SELL them. That is the worst type of person I have ever seen. People are making money not by working hard, but by selling something that is not theirs, something they stole. I do like Adobe and Mayas way of thinking about not minding how students use pirate software, because when they do become professionals they will most likely be working with the software they been practicing for a long time, and they will end up buying it. I know I would, that is really fair, besides it increases the programs popularity.

I like cracking the software tools to find out whats up inside and trying to figureout the techniques used to protect the software. This greatly helps me in securing my programs and learn a lot of new techniqes for programming.

hi frnds i don't like man who hv make softwares crack.i don't like to use a crack of any software.bkos cracker aways add a virus in that crack file.so i don't like the cracking of any software.but i thin this is best 4 that people & students who hav nt able to bay any thing.bkos they are too poor to buy any thing bkos all software are now high cost like 200$,500$.i don't use any software crack now.bkos i think this is badddd.i like to buy any software from auther bkos this is the best way of use any software.i advise to alll to be a cracker or hecker.bkos this is nt good thing always bad bad bad..hope u ll trust me & stop using cracks of any software.the auther of any software don't feel good if his software nt buy any 1.only use crack of his software.Thanks.Hv A Nice Day For all frnds.