xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BooZker

The Possibility Of Gay Rights Should it be allowed?

I do believe that gay people should have rights. They don't bother me when they're doing what they do in the privacy of their own homes. As long as it doesn't affect me. Gay people are just different from us. We should'nt withold rights from them because we think it's wrong. Who can define whats wrong? Everybody is different, What makes gay people special?

If it is a pyschological then encouraing marriage will encourage more homosexuality, which may cause many heterosexuals to turn homosexual. However, if this is indeed caused by genetics then there is nothing we can do, so why not allow marriages. The only problem with marriages, that I see, is that it promotes homosexuality.
The question here is do you want to promote homosexuality?

So what if you encourage it? Is everyone going to turn homosexual. No. Do you honestly think that even 50% of people are. If anyone here actually this will happen then they are just misinformed with how the world works.

I want to thank Goosestaf for telling them to not to put religion into this. This is a Gay rights topic about does the bible say its ok. Its wether or not do you think America should have those rights. Since we have the law of seperation of church and state then we should follow the law, don't you think?

A gay marriage could not have children if adoption were not around.

And man do i thank them. Because of those people these kids will grow up with at least fathers or mothers that love them. Instead of living in an orphange which i have seen them and some of the ones in other countries are not pretty. Look at all those straight people who can not take care of the kids they have. This has never made sence to me.

I have a question because seriously i dont know. Do you guys who do not support gay marriage do you support single parent adoption?

The only problem with marriages, that I see, is that it promotes homosexuality.
The question here is do you want to promote homosexuality?

Its not that itll promote homosexuality, or that itll encourage it, its that gay marriage will encourage those who are in the closet, to come out. People who come out of the closet, were never straight they just have lived a life of denial. Anyone who says they have been turned into a homosexual is either 1. a homosexual who hadn't realized what they are. Which it happens, you are told how to be by everyone, and you live a life of lies to make everyone else happy, and you eventually get wrapped up in a lie you can't break because the truth is so far lost, you just believe your lies. 2. an attention *BLEEP*, or not a true homosexual. maybe even bisexual. or someone who has given up on the opposite sex, only to find people suck no matter what gender you are attracted to. But you dont go from straight to gay, if you are gay you have always been gay, you just havent admitted it, or realized it.

Besides, why would anyone choose to be gay? Even if gay marriage is legal there are always going to be homophobes. Its like saying someone chose to be black in the 60's yeah cuz they so chose to be treated like dirt. Its really the same, you can't change what you are , nor can you choose it.

There is a fine line between what is in your own interest and what is socially acceptable. For example, you have the legal right to sacrifice a goat in the name of your god (some guy in New York City won his court battle because of freedom of religion like this), but it's not to do it in the middle of centrel park (he did it in his basement). Likewise, gays have the right to be queer but onyl in the privacy of their own home, not walking outside kissing and touching and crap like that. You can go naked... in your house. You can't go naked walking down the street. It makes people feel awkward and not only is it different but it's completely anti-evolutionary. two males should not be allowed to be together. It defeat the purpose of the evolutionary chain. So i say, no to gay rights. It's their right to choose to be gay, so consequently, they choose to give up other rights. And plus, think about the effect it'll have on children... to see two men walking down the street kissing... Kids are impressionable. They'll see this and think it's alright. Even if their parents say it's wrong, the kids SAW it, so they justify it has to be right. In a perfect world, being gay in public would be filed under "contirbuting to the deliquency of minors".

Edited by Chez (see edit history)

Likewise, gays have the right to be queer but onyl in the privacy of their own home, not walking outside kissing and touching and crap like that.

Actually they do have the right to kiss in public. The same way that strait people do. It's protected under the freedom of speach/expression as well as in the constitution, everyone being garenteed "Life, liberty, and the presuit of happiness." So that's not really the issue. The issue is weither we should sanction gay marriage.

It's their right to choose to be gay, so consequently, they choose to give up other rights.

Did you "choose" to be strait? It's not exactly something that people have control over (true, they can wallow in denial and subject themselves to relationships with people they arn't attracted to--but that's far from a healthy alternative). What makes you think that this is a choice?!

And plus, think about the effect it'll have on children... to see two men walking down the street kissing... Kids are impressionable. They'll see this and think it's alright. Even if their parents say it's wrong, the kids SAW it, so they justify it has to be right. In a perfect world, being gay in public would be filed under "contirbuting to the deliquency of minors".

God forbid that that our children become openminded thoughtful individuals *rolls his eyes*. Please explain how exactly homosexuality contributes to "the deliquency of minors?" You probably wouldva cheered on the exicution of socrates had you been there. Because, obviously, if someone disagrees with your views they must be evil.

There is a fine line between what is in your own interest and what is socially acceptable. For example, you have the legal right to sacrifice a goat in the name of your god (some guy in New York City won his court battle because of freedom of religion like this), but it's not to do it in the middle of centrel park (he did it in his basement). Likewise, gays have the right to be queer but onyl in the privacy of their own home, not walking outside kissing and touching and crap like that. You can go naked... in your house. You can't go naked walking down the street. It makes people feel awkward and not only is it different but it's completely anti-evolutionary. two males should not be allowed to be together. It defeat the purpose of the evolutionary chain. So i say, no to gay rights. It's their right to choose to be gay, so consequently, they choose to give up other rights. And plus, think about the effect it'll have on children... to see two men walking down the street kissing... Kids are impressionable. They'll see this and think it's alright. Even if their parents say it's wrong, the kids SAW it, so they justify it has to be right. In a perfect world, being gay in public would be filed under "contirbuting to the deliquency of minors".

Im not even going to take your post seriously, because you just targetted gay men. How do you feel about lesbians? Your post is just against gay men being able to do what they want, your post isnt even legit in my opinion. Kids arent going to become gay by seeing to people of the same gender kiss, all it is going to do is make them see that it is ALRIGHT to be gay if they are. And that it is alright for someone to be gay, even if they aren't. Also slaughtering something, isnt nearly as bad as seeing someone kiss. Personally, i hardly kiss my boyfriend in public, not because im gay but because i dont think people need to express their love for someone in public, i mean a peck on the lips/cheek is fine but people full on making out is just unneeded, no matter if you are gay or straight. But i feel you should be able to do it if you want to. But your post is just stupid anyway, post again when you arent just targetting gay men. If two men kissing made people gay, then itd be the same for straight people kissing, then everyone would be straight. It doesn't work like that, and i cannot express the fact that people DO NOT choose to be gay. Your opinions really aren't even legit.

It's their right to choose to be gay, so consequently, they choose to give up other rights. And plus, think about the effect it'll have on children... to see two men walking down the street kissing... Kids are impressionable.

They don't choose. Why would they. People like you make it hard for them. So why would they?

And the kid thing is really just not thought out. You see girls makin out all the time. I think i saw my first Girls Gone Wild commercial at like the age of 8-9. You can turn it to E! almost anytime of the day and find 2 girls kissing. And Whats the difference of a guy and a girl makin out? Both are disgusting to a child. Do you know how many kids say girls are icky when they are young? They dont want to even see a girl and guy kissing. And God forbid you ever teach them unity. What if they see a black guy and white girl kissing!!! uh oh! or what about a midget and a person in a wheel chair! Oh no thats JUST NOT RIGHT! Please dont say stuff that makes no sence. Because not too long ago kids would say,"Mom look at that black person." My younger brother when he was about 4-5 saw a black person at the mall and said,"I never seen a black person before" But he did because his uncle has a black girlfriend. Kids dont even remember things anyway. And once they get to a certain age that they remeber other kids will tell them about being gay and how "bad" it is. No matter what way you put it what you said makes no sence.

- It is not normal. Show me in nature, any other animals have homosextual relationship. In facts in wild, two adult lions can not live in the same region. Two queen bees can not be together, they have to divide their kingdom.

- It is against the production of next generation.

- If for any reason the gay people can not act as nature expect from them, then let this not by shouting or make prades or asking equality in every items of life . Disable people can be respected but they have to know their abnormality. The blind or deaf people have not to go fight and say it is equality. The people with heart problem have not to practice hard activities. People with bone problem have not to compete in running or swimming. People with sight problem and using glasses better to them not participate in some activitites.

actually Homosexual relationships are quite prevalent in nature. The Canadian Malard for instnace has a homosexuality rate approaching 50%. A certain amount of any 'freely' reproducing species is homsexual. by freely i mean able to choose a mate not like bees.

I believe that such things as 'love' are simply a prduct of the culture of a society and has nothing to do with nature. A physical attraction or cognitive preference for something is choice something everyone is free to do. who are we to decide what is right for someone else? That's like me saying Times New Roman is crappy and is against the order of things. Anyone caught using will be considered as a non-human. I have my preferences and others have theirs. It's good to respect others for who they are and respect their decisions even if they don't agree with your decisions

- It is against the production of next generation.

You right. How about we ban condoms, birth control pills, and all forms of birth control since those are against production. Think about your saying before you say it.

You right. How about we ban condoms, birth control pills, and all forms of birth control since those are against production. Think about your saying before you say it.

I agree with BooZker completely about this, and most of the other things that he has said in this thread, and would like to add on to this particular post by pointing out that our population is drastically huge already, and that having more gay relationsips (and thus less child-producing people) would be more helpful to the population and next generations than not.

I agree with BooZker completely about this, and most of the other things that he has said in this thread, and would like to add on to this particular post by pointing out that our population is drastically huge already, and that having more gay relationsips (and thus less child-producing people) would be more helpful to the population and next generations than not.

I'm not 100% but in china dont they restric how many kids you can have because of how many people there are.

In this discussion i would like you to please NOT include religion.

well, the basis of my answer is coming from the Bible.. -___-

ok, i'll try not to

there's a biological factor in this. men are obviously men, and women are obviously women. men and women have different sexual organs. these organs are used to produce offspring.

man and man cannot have children. woman and woman cannot have children.

it just doesn't fit.

and contrary to popular belief, homosexuality is not something that can never go away. i read this testimony about this guy that started looking at guys, and then after he became a christian, he wasn't interested in guys anymore

well, the basis of my answer is coming from the Bible.. -___-
ok, i'll try not to

there's a biological factor in this. men are obviously men, and women are obviously women. men and women have different sexual organs. these organs are used to produce offspring.

it just doesn't fit.

and contrary to popular belief, homosexuality is not something that can never go away. i read this testimony about this guy that started looking at guys, and then after he became a christian, he wasn't interested in guys anymore

Firstly, it seems to me as if you are saying the whole point of having a relationship is to have children. I have never been aware of this, and would like you to explain further.
Secondly, because one person happened to realize that he was not homosexual even though he thought he was, and that it happened to happen after becoming christian, means nothing. You have one example of someone not being homosexual. So what?

well, the basis of my answer is coming from the Bible.. -___-ok, i'll try not to
it just doesn't fit.

i agree 100% with what you said. it's not a new statement, but very old to argue a point. homosexuality is DEFINATELY not natural.

BUT, there is more to nature than just sexual organs and the anatomy of people. for some, being gay is a choice, but for most, they were born gay. this is in fact natural.

problem with this age old argument is that there will always be exsteemists arguing it and they will always be taking on a one sided opinion. i hate ignorance.

life doesn't just have to do with creation. creation in itself is destruction. we've been proving this with technology and destroying the environment and over polulating and other things. although life has to do with people, it has more to do with learning about ones self and sharing what you learn with others so the world can be a better place to live. life is about accepting people for who they are and loving them the same as all others. homosexuality is huge in this country but it still isn't the norm. they are the minority. that doesn't mean we can't learn from them if we open our minds to be more objective. they are human being for god sake. they just have a different way of life. isn't that true for most people though? nobody's the same and everyone leads different lives.

now personally, i can't look at two guys kissing...yuck....hahaha just something about it gives me the eeebi jeeebies...but that's MY problem. at the same time it gives me this feeling, i love to see any two people happy with eachother.

so, in the words of a multiple felon and also a minority...."can't we all just get along?" :)

it just doesn't fit.

Ummm first there are many familes in the world that never have kids.

second he stopped looking at guys because it was against his religion. And who was this guy? Where did you read about it? When did this happen?