xisto Community
JdMxStyleZ

Are You Considered "fat"

well I don't have a problem with anyone but it is sad when you walk in Walmart and the little old ladies are having to walk because the fat people who are too lazy to walk use up all the scooters.I had a fat lady flip me off because I took her door parking spot and she had to park in the back. Whole problem was she didn't feel like having to walk because it was an inconvience to her weight. So That I have a problem with.

I used a BMI calculator on another website a couple of days ago, and it said I was at a healthy weight. This one says I'm healthy too. On the other one, I was at 16.1 or something, and this one says 16.4. Muscle weighs more than fat, and BMI calculators are not entirely accurate. I think my weight is mostly fat though xD

BMI is not an accurate measure of health. It is better to measure percentage body fat than using this stupid BMI as a measure of health.BMI, like some others have already said, does not take into account muscle mass.

Apparently I'm normal... now I can go tell all those people that tell me I'm too skinny and need to eat more (even though I can easily polish off five sausages in one sitting... I was a good dinner :) )I was happy though to see that my sister didn't come up as overweight on that one, because she's done some of those before that put her off the chart overweight, even though she's not much larger around the waist than I am, but since she's so tall, and weighs more than most people her size. I still haven't figured out how her legs can weight so much... lol... I think it's cause she's all sports-like and I'm just an indoor girl lol :P

Well I'm 15 and 9 days old, weighing in at 110 pounds at 5' 6" so I am not even close to being overweight I am closer to being underweight. I hopefully can keep this young metabolism and fast throughout my life but you never know soon I might grow fat. I eat a ton these days but luckily I maintain the ability to see my rib cage.

I am a little bit over weight but NOT FAT!!!!! people that call other people fat are just unsre of themselves!

I dont think i am. There are some people at my school that are obviously fat and need to get their A into G but there is no half way in between. Ive been working not to put on any more weight in the last year or so, not lose it and its working.

I'm not, I'm between thin and normal, depends of... I don't know what. I had a friend that were like a stick and she would cry everytime someone called her fat (jokingly). She wasn't anorexic nor bulimic nor anything, she was just very insecure about herself. BTW, now I don't even weight myself.

yeah exactly the media creates this image for what teenage girls should look like and its totally un-realistic. look at your bmi and then gives you the right idea but even then its not accurate. I personally am underweight =_= gotta eat more meats! ^o^

I'm kind of average. I've lost a lot of weight since I got my dog. I've started getting out of the house and walking everywhere instead of getting someone to drive me. I think that walking is one of the best things you can do to lose weight.

i am considered to be well maintained in my college but i need to work out a lot for it sadlycause i sit a lot in front of pc and no exercise was growing bit more healthy but now have controlled it a lot

I'm technically on this thing on the lower end of the healthy scale but I'm aiming for a BMI of about 19 or 20 which is only or two points down and totally doable. But yeah, it is inaccurate in terms of the lack of muscle mass measurement but in the end if I look in the mirror or grab a piece of myself I can differentiate between fat (what I have :lol:) & muscle.

My BMI is 23.9But I have this 'spare tyre' around my waistthis BMI thing is flawed, from what i heard muscles are heavier than fats. It is possible that I look fat but still falls within the normal range.