xisto Community
JdMxStyleZ

Are You Considered "fat"

Im am certainly not considered fat, infact- you can see my ribcage even when I breathe out.

I do, however have obese friends, and I think its terrible how everybody else looks down on them. One of them, for instance [i will not use the name] who is only 15 years old, and used to weigh 16 stone 9. He has lost a lot of weight since then, but he is still considered obese. Everybody in school makes fun of him, and to be honest, I don't think thats right.

Having said that, I have a friend who used to be anorexic, and she used to be picked on a lot, people walking by used to pretend to vomit, I know it doesn't sound bad but when you think about it, she was going through a lot by being anorexic, it doens't help when people poke fun at you.

Fat or skinny... What does it matter? People should put aside their differences and just get along. But then again, no world can ever be perfect, I suppose its one of those things that just can't be changed..

Well, thats my opinion, I'd like to see what the rest of you think, so keep posting.

Thanks.

I'm not fat and don't look fat :lol:I think it's more important to measure your 'fat' based on BMI rather than what you see in the mirror. Because people now have different standards on what physically constitutes fat. Some people may think that only stick-thin people are considered thin and everyone else is fat, which is extremely unhealthy. So the best way is to use BMI to gauge whether you are overweight.

Mine was 23 point something . . . I don't think it matters if it's considered normal weight or not . . . I think being even close to being borderline overweight (25) at almost sixteen because, well, don't women have a tendency to gain weight as they get older? Meaning, it would be really, really, really easy to end up with a BMI of 30 at age 28 if I don't watch it in college . . .But honestly, as long as you don't look scary fat in clothing, and your clothes fit well . . . health risks aside, should it matter if someone's a little on the fat side?

Oj, I did not understand a single thing of that BMI. Inches? Sorry, I will stick to the metric system... It considered me as underweight. :S I would actually like to be a bit... not so thin, so if anyone got some kilos to spare just give me a pling.^^ :lol:

My BMI is 20.9. That makes me more under-weight than over, but it guess that is healthy. I am not overweight. I do a lot of athletics, especially sprints, so I would not be very successful as a "fat" person. I'm 6'0" and weigh 70kg which is something like 154Lbs(according to the converter).

Overweight isn't equivalent to fat to my opinion.I think fat is just a psychological mindset of some people who thinks that they are fat.I've seen so many bulimic and anorexic girls in media.I find them pretty disgusting.Hahaha lol.I think big is more beautiful than stick thin.'Cos what matters most is your inner beauty not your outer beauty.Do you agree with me? :)

Today's society often looks down upon fat people. I am not fat. If you are a little overweight you are considered "fat". I don't have a problem with fat people but some people do. Post your thoughts.

http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/calc-bmi.htm

That is the internationally accepted method of determining obesity. If you rank "overweight" or "obese" on that, tough luck. You're fat.

i am not overweight, i am think. But my society really thinks that fat people is prosperous while thin people is like suffering from stress or illness, hahaha

often big company only hire employee with proper weight, not to thin or not to fat, that is how i view it

my bmi is 22.6 and I'm 5ft3, it says I'm average. I however have a pretty curvy body, 32d teeny waist, big bum and big thighs, I hate it. Because my bottom half is so big it makes me feel so fat, all my friends have amazing bodies as well, and with the summer dawning all have their legs out, I just cant do it. I'm always trying to loose weight on my legs and get rid of my bum! ha but nope, so I was basically just wondering whether in other peoples views am I fat..?

-reply by maryjane

I'm about 5' 8" and I'm pretty concerned about how I look. I'm a male 15 year old and I weigh anywhere between 135 and 129 lbs. I have a slight outer layer of chubb but I feel fat, am I fat? or normal?

-reply by helloworld15