xisto Community
JasperIk

American Propaganda.... Hitler has returned?

Im getting really annoyed with all the commercials and ads about joining the military. I swear its basically the same as Nazi Propaganda. All they both talked about was being the elite, being better then anyone else. Im really tired of it, and they try to suck you in, and young hopeless naive KIDS are the ones who are getting sucked in and it is wrong. I mean if a kid really wanted to join on their own they would actually do the research you don't need 5 commercials about joining the army or navy every commercial break! The commercials just brain wash you, and lie! They say you can get an education, immediatley that sucks you in, but what they dont tell you, is in order to do this, you must give your life practically, or atleast your sanity. But of course if they told you the full truth you wouldn't want to join. All it is is propaganda telling you only the good parts, while skipping over all the bad stuff. Yes there are jobs in which you arent directly in the line of fire, but i have friends who weren't and they still almost lost their life. Maybe, because I cant ever join the military I am able to look past all the lies, and see the truth...but for the hopeless naive kids my age they are just looking for an easy way out...when will this stop? When will young men realize this isn't the way i dont understand how a war can fix the problems, its just a continous cycle, young men go to war, come back their kids go to war...we have been in war with other countries for almost longer then American has even been a country... all you are is killing your sons with the bs propanganda. I Am sorry of for some reason this post offends anyone, but if it does its probably because you are either in denial or have been brain washed. I dont have these opinions because i dont care, i have them because i do.

They always show army brochures of people having fun and laughing like they are having a good time there. In reality they go through hell and only an idiot would fall for that. Always the people flocking to the army recruiters at school are not the brightest, you just show them pics of guys holding guns amd they will want to join.I respect the people who go out there and fight, but I think the US is one of the last nations in the world that needs protection right now. If it were for defending your homeland or fighting for your freedom then I can see the reason but just to go into a foreign country fighting for the politicians I would not.

Posted Image

Fast on the trigger,

slow in the head.

Therefore: Refuse Military Service

If I hadn't worked towards being recognized as conscious objector, I'd be in the [german] army now. In the USofA, you've got at least the choice of joining the army or not, here in Germany you need somewhat good writing skills in order to explain a Federal Agency why you don't want to join the army...

...though people who do military service are on the somewhat safe side as the army is not allowed to use them outside german territory (except the Navy guys) - but nonetheless a couple of people forced to join the army die on the training grounds every year and even more get severly injured...

Edited by brainless (see edit history)

Im getting really annoyed with all the commercials and ads about joining the military. I swear its basically the same as Nazi Propaganda. All they both talked about was being the elite, being better then anyone else. Im really tired of it, and they try to suck you in, and young hopeless naive KIDS are the ones who are getting sucked in and it is wrong. I mean if a kid really wanted to join on their own they would actually do the research you don't need 5 commercials about joining the army or navy every commercial break! The commercials just brain wash you, and lie! They say you can get an education, immediatley that sucks you in, but what they dont tell you, is in order to do this, you must give your life practically, or atleast your sanity. But of course if they told you the full truth you wouldn't want to join. All it is is propaganda telling you only the good parts, while skipping over all the bad stuff. Yes there are jobs in which you arent directly in the line of fire, but i have friends who weren't and they still almost lost their life. Maybe, because I cant ever join the military I am able to look past all the lies, and see the truth...but for the hopeless naive kids my age they are just looking for an easy way out...when will this stop? When will young men realize this isn't the way i dont understand how a war can fix the problems, its just a continous cycle, young men go to war, come back their kids go to war...we have been in war with other countries for almost longer then American has even been a country... all you are is killing your sons with the bs propanganda. I Am sorry of for some reason this post offends anyone, but if it does its probably because you are either in denial or have been brain washed. I dont have these opinions because i dont care, i have them because i do.

:lol: I know. I know. America is largest, festering boil ever to disgrace the face of Mother Earth. I suppose the U.S. military should have commercials saying, "Don't even think about joining the Army! We're filled with baby killing murderers, who wish for nothing but Satan to populate the Earth, and kill all the peace loving people of the world."

Are you retarded, or just slow? Did that little pea brain of yours forget that it was America that helped defeat the Nazi's in WWII? Are you completely blind to the fact that America donates and supports more countries in this world (both finacially AND militarily) than any nation has ever even come close to doing in the history of man? Your post does not offend me. It lets me know that we shouldn't base our beliefs on what some 18 year old shmuck thinks of our country, because he heard it on MTV one day. You are an uneducated child. Enjoy the umbrella of peace the United States, and the United States military have provided you, while you sit and complain about how awful life is. Why don't you go over to Iran, where there is REAL evil and oppression, and try complaining about the government there, you putz. We'll see you hanging by your toes before you even get two words out of that pierced up face of yours.
Edited by Huntington (see edit history)

i hate the propoganda and the lies too bud, but without an adequate defense or offense, you will be walked all over. that's how the real world works and we do need to protect ourselves but i agree that we go about it the wrong way a lot of times and we are made to believe something the american governemt wants us to believe(wether it's the truth or not) and they succeed and they will always succeed because american citizens have been trained from an early age not to think for themselves. but ummm this just doesn't have to do with the military......

:lol: I know. I know. America is largest, festering boil ever to disgrace the face of Mother Earth. I suppose the U.S. military should have commercials saying, "Don't even think about joining the Army! We're filled with baby killing murderers, who wish for nothing but Satan to populate the Earth, and kill all the peace loving people of the world."
Are you retarded, or just slow? Did that little pea brain of yours forget that it was America that helped defeat the Nazi's in WWII? Are you completely blind to the fact that America donates and supports more countries in this world (both finacially AND militarily) than any nation has ever even come close to doing in the history of man? Your post does not offend me. It lets me know that we shouldn't base our beliefs on what some 18 year old shmuck thinks of our country, because he heard it on MTV one day. You are an uneducated child. Enjoy the umbrella of peace the United States, and the United States military have provided you, while you sit and complain about how awful life is. Why don't you go over to Iran, where there is REAL evil and oppression, and try complaining about the government there, you putz. We'll see you hanging by your toes before you even get two words out of that pierced up face of yours.

i guess your just the person who fell into your countries lies and deceit.

Philippine - American WAR (1900) your good country murdered more than 600,000 indigenous Filipinos. The reason? Your government thinks that we are just monkeys. What a good nation. There is even a record that a Colonel ordered that massacre of a small town which has more than a thousand populace. When i said murdered, burn their houses, kill every Filipino, including childrens.

About the aids. They are not for free. Whatever your government gave as an aid is not realy to help that country but to make that country in debt in your government so that whatever favor your government ask they would also provide. What are these favors? Using the country as a military base and depository of its chemical waste like in PHilippines. After your troops leave my country they also left behind some wastes. Other favors are to allow American companies rule thier economy - mining, logging and other stuffs that undermine the soveriegnty of the nation that is in debt of your government.

if you have read the book ROUGE STATE, i forgot the who the author is, then i guess you will see the whole picture.

About the world war II. Why would it took long for the USA to join the war when other countries already are being attack by japan and germany? and these days, iraq even did not threaten USA but your government invade it neglecting UNITED NATION, the most important organization that holds our world from falling again into another world war. In its action it says that your country is the most powerful in this world and it can do whatever she wants. IT will get whatever she wants and when she wants it, not for her people but for the people that will benifit its direct actions. LIke the arms company, oil company and other company that profits in war.

a little bit of advise. Don't believe what your government says. Its not the truth. Believe in what your government is not saying for it is the truth.

i guess your just the person who fell into your countries lies and deceit. a little bit of advise. Don't believe what your government says. Its not the truth. Believe in what your government is not saying for it is the truth.

a little advice to the extremists....continue to live oversees to talk about a government you will never know the benefits of. now do you want to satrt talking about that or maybe i can just give you a dollar to make your monthly house payment and be a little more open minded

btw- never trust a country either that prides themselves on eating dog

oh, and if your country is so great over there, why are all your women trying to deport themselves to the u.s.?

now don't be flying off the wall anymore just because your grandfather was an american and you will never know the benefits of being one. don't be bitter :lol:
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

a little advice to the extremists....continue to live oversees to talk about a government you will never know the benefits of. now do you want to satrt talking about that or maybe i can just give you a dollar to make your monthly house payment and be a little more open minded
btw- never trust a country either that prides themselves on eating dog

oh, and if your country is so great over there, why are all your women trying to deport themselves to the u.s.?

now don't be flying off the wall anymore just because your grandfather was an american and you will never know the benefits of being one. don't be bitter :lol:

you know i find you very naive.... i was not talking about you or the ordinary people in your country but the government that runs your country... don't take it too personal... its the international policy that your country has thats making it look ugly not the citizen :blink: to be honest... i find most americans naive to the real world since their life are relatively easy compared to those in the thrid world. We in the third world struggles to live. some of us sell our dignity and our soul if we have one just to eat once a day. And in our struggles we came to understand the forces thats making our life *BLEEP*. The corruption and the corrupted mind of government officials which are the elite of our country and which are supported and befriended by your government. Like here in my country the people in your government is also the elite of your nation which became rich becuase of the labor of those who are below their social status. if you could not understand that then i think i would say that your that person who is so naive that he thinks he's government is a gift from heaven...

my country before it became one, was a colony of spain for 300 years and my people fought for its independence but failed when USA stole our victory and thats why we became a colony of your mighty country.. then the american left becuase they could not fight the japanese and so we are left fighting the japanese. then when we my people almost defeated the japs here comes McArthur declaring that he saves us, very funny... again your army stole the victory that was supposed to be ours... what i'm pointing out is you should first learn the history of your country on how it becomes to be at this point.. and you will learn that it walks in a path of war and domination.... (IRAQ)

by the way im not an extremist :lol: since you have a hard time understanding what that means.. i think you should learn to understand what you are saying first before you utter it...

and my grandfather is not an american ;)

and also, i dont need your dollar...

by the way im not an extremist :lol: since you have a hard time understanding what that means.. i think you should learn to understand what you are saying first before you utter it...and my grandfather is not an american :blink:
and also, i dont need your dollar...

you sure are an extremist when you refer to 1 book that we are all supposed to believe in. and you consider me naive and close minded? i beg to differ when i will never refer to 1 book to dictate any strong belief. but rather do my own investigating or take in and read many books on the history. i believe i know american history alot better than you as i AM an american and is required in all schools to be taught until your 2nd year of college.

you talk down on our government but your government REQUIRES you to learn the english language at a very early age. you can't keep your women in your own country because they know an american man can take better care of them and to top it off, you take your fertile eggs from your chickens and bury them in your back yard as an incubator only to break the egg open so you can eat an under developed fetus(forget about the dog for now). we americans.....we prefer steak and shrimp....or we were refering to an egg so you may not know this term....BACON AND EGGS

if i am so naive, i wouldn't know the little tidbits that is rarely talked about in YOUR country....forget about electing a dictator for a president who tried to hide his assets and hide in the united states. why is that?

you don't even know me brotha, so before calling me naive, i suggest you do your own research before you talk about people you don't know.....now THAT is naive and ignorance in it's purest form. talk about the pot calling the kettle black

i have NEVER met a filipino like you EVER that has so much disrespect for a country that has effectively helped you out of your situation during the war you continually refer to. you read a book....BRAVO! i am proud of you. read another book and continue your education. you might learn something. all the filipinos/filipinas that i have met are very respectfull with good tradition and family values. i have to give your country and people that much. they do hold on to a very good tradition and culture that americans have seem to have lost somewhere.

and if you know our american history, i ask you to refer to the last couple lines of the gettysburg address when you start telling me you were talking about the government and NOT the people. see, we don't elect a king or queen and we sure as heck don't elect dictators. we elect a presedent that is controlled by the "checks and balances" we set for our government so not one section of our government has complete power and is subject to responsibility through the "checks and balances". so in fact, you have no idea how the united states is run. you may have learned english, but you are FAR from knowing the foundation of history that makes up this country YOU people call the free world and the land of opportunity. we continue to offer you visas and support illegal immigration by your people and other countries like mexico

governments may not be perfect, but there is no way i can sit back and listen to your b.s. in how knowledgable you are in our history when you haven't even touched on the most important part of our history but want to label our government after wwii and how our governement is so bad because of that war and how it affected you. you probably weren't even born yet and you can talk about it huh? yea....you're knowledgable alright(gag)

I think that propaganda there is in any country. But as without it? If in USA will not be a propagandas to armies, that who will serve in armies? Even beside us, in Russia, there is military propaganda though presently this not so much, as in USSR, but this increases its power, since our military minister Ivanov has solved to do our army the most strong in the world. Beside you with army more simply - you have a choice: go in army or no. Beside us in army take all, except student (their take afterwards), even sick, this does not matter. In the same way you have a no choice of the type of the troopses - there is only one choice - nucleus-missile troops. :blink:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Artem ZHI (see edit history)

Ah, good ol' politics.

Note to everyone: Lets keep the personal attacks and insults out of this,

Lets attempt to have a civilized and mature discussion about these issues. When you insult someone you only close their mind off to anything that you might be trying to tell them. If you aren?t interested in changing their mind, then you really shouldn't waste your time (and ours by reading it) by writing something directed towards then. Such actions only quickly degenerate into a cesspool of flaming. So lets try to keep it civil, mature, and factual.

Yes, our military does use propaganda to recruit individuals, but that is nothing new. Then again, most people who enlist are not completely ignorant of what they face. They know they are risking their lives. They know war is bloody, violent, and terrible. Though they might not be aware of the full extent of it's atrocities--for instance, images like these are common every day occurrences. In other words, I believe that most individuals see through most of this sort of propaganda.

What we really should be picking apart is the web of propaganda and lies the brought us into this war of aggression (read: Iraq) in the first place. The stated reasons for our invasion were all clearly propaganda based.

First was the idea that Iraq was some how involved in the September 11th attacks. The fact that Ben Ladin named Sadaam a "godless infidel" and called for his death should have been an easy tip against its veracity...but people are easily (mis)lead.

Then came the claim that Sadaam possessed Weapons of Mass destruction. In this case the administration intentionally misconstrued evidence in order to build a case for war. A few good examples of this are: the so called "Mobil BioWeapons Labs"; the claim that Sadam tried to buy high-strength aluminum tubes for unrainium enrichment, even though many well known weapons specialists publicly declared that they would not work for such an operation, and were most likely for ballistic missiles; and the claim that Iraq purchased or attempted to purchase Yellowcake from Niger when the document they were relying on was a blatantly obvious forgery, certainly the signature of an official who had been out of office for years (including the year listed on the document). Not to mention that a special investigator, Wilson Plame, concluded that the entire thing was unfounded. There are more examples, but I don't want to get sidetracked from my original point.

Finally we come to the reason that is currently being toted (funny how people forget that there were previous justifications): we were liberating the Iraqi people, bringing them democracy. I'll be the first to admin that Sadaam was a terrible, brutal, dictator. But we did not invade Iraq to spread democracy. Contrary to popular belief the US is not pro democracy--it is pro US interests (and when those interests happen to coincide with democracy then that's great). This can clearly be demonstrated by the number of times the US has helped to overthrow democratically elected governments, and install dictators in their place. Clear instances of this can be seen in the overthrow of Chile's democratically elected Allende government in 1973; Guatemala's democratic government headed by Jacobo Arbenz Guzm?n in 1954; Aristed's government in Haiti in 2004. Among other examples (arguably including the recent failed Venezuela coup...though proven US involvement in that is not as substantiated).

So what was the real reason for invading Iraq? Anti-war people tend to fall into the trap of trying to find the "one real cause" behind the war, which is a mistake as the issue is rather complicated. A quick list of our reasons would include: creating a base of operations in the middle east, with which to exercise control of the region; having the ability to more quickly assist allies in the region (read: Israel); the, by now, infamous Oil fields; monetary gains by "defense" contractors closely linked to the Whitehouse; and the conversion of Iraq to a capitalistic society which allowed a majority of its economy to be suddenly owned by outside corporations. This list is necessarily a rather rudimentary one, as to fully explore these issues would take hundreds of pages worth of writing.

Edited by gaea (see edit history)

Saddam was not a dictator, he was a president free figures, his has elected folk and such a was hiswill. USA have shown the unjustified aggression, breaking right and liberties of the person for the sake of economic advantage only. However this itself has punished itself. USA has lost the big amount of the people, technicks, and money on this war for the sake of iraqi oil. And that? The Oil as was expensive, so expensive and remained (even else cherish), but USA having forfeited enormous facilities on galley proof of the economic catastrophe.

I have no clue what you just said but I agree with the basis of this thread and I also disagree. I think that we need to give up unnecissary war time but if need be............. I'm a minor so I'm free from being recruited at all but may I say, it's not just sons, it's daughters too. We should save our children for better things. And it is America's children that need to find a better energy source than gasoline... Thats my only take that I can share as a normal growing American with half a mind.

Wow, I guess this little comment comes in a little late, but

Are you completely blind to the fact that America donates and supports more countries in this world (both finacially AND militarily) than any nation has ever even come close to doing in the history of man?

You are also aware then that this habbit of donating to countries has placed the US government into a debt so deep the only way to get out would be to invade Switzerland and concour the banks (Just kidding of course) So much debt that it continues to increase by (approximatly) $2.46 billion per day!

...maybe i can just give you a dollar to make your monthly house payment and be a little more open minded...

Do you think you are more of a human because you have more money than someone? That remark you just said... It's better I don't comment on that, you just sit, and think for youself about what you just said... It seems to me that you are closed minded too... US foreign policy is not that great as you may think.. The again, you might be one of those who blindly follow Bush, and is war policies...

...you talk down on our government but your government REQUIRES you to learn the english language at a very early age...

This has nothing to do with anything... We all NEED to learn english language, not WANT to, and there is a big difference between those two... English language is by chance, the most widespread language in the world, and therefore, it pays off to know it...

...you can't keep your women in your own country because they know an american man can take better care of them...

With this remark you think you are a macho man? Some kind of great protector? I would go on to say that you actually don't know about women, and you think you are so great just because you're a man... I actually start to pity you...

...and to top it off, you take your fertile eggs from your chickens and bury them in your back yard as an incubator only to break the egg open so you can eat an under developed fetus(forget about the dog for now). we americans.....we prefer steak and shrimp....or we were refering to an egg so you may not know this term....BACON AND EGGS

Have you thought of donating some of the food to people who don't have the money to eat shrimp or steak? Not outside US, but to your own people? I can say you haven't...

Next, to move on to the US history... I bet it's not hard to learn, oh, shall we round down to 500 years of history? I believe American continent was discovered in 1492, yes? Now is 2006, that makes it 514years of your continents history, when Europeans got there... Let's say you have 500 years of American history, as opposed to say, Serbian history of, oh, at least 1000+ years...But that's besides the point here...

And just a side not for you anwiii, an extremist would say something like "All Americans must die, because they are evil" or something like that... saga was just saying his own oppinion, and I believe that is one of the major US propaganda claims, "you can think and speak freely" (just as long as it's not about us) I might add... Or am I an extremist too, just because I don't agree with your oppinions, and foreign policy of your government? This is not an attack on you, I just felt personaly offended but what you were saying, and descending this debate to a personal level, and attacks based on nationality, financial status, or belief system...

Next, as gaea said, these kind of personal attacks ruin any good discussion, and we should all refrain from it... Personal attacks, on people who think differently, only proves their point - if you can't make your point, without attacking a person, then your oppinion is the wrong one, isn't it so?

Also, US is definitely not pro democracy, it is pro-US, as gaea said wisely... Where US interests coincide with democracy, it's great, if not, well, too bad...

My country was also "liberated" by the US... And what good it brought? Nothing good! Only a significant increase in nationalist extremists, and such, which makes life for us "normal" people, very difficult... US wanted a foot in Kosovo, and they got it, and now, Yugoslavia doens't matter anymore, US got what it wanted...

Again, people always take personally when someone says something about their government... I have nothing against American people, I have many friends there, that are good, decent people... But there are always idiots, and there always will be, same here, same in the US, and in any other country... It's up to us, more intelligent people, to make life normal, but sadly, always those small groups of idiots, lead whole countries...

Let me ask you, what will happen with Iraq, when we deplete oil reserves? What will happen when all oil on Earth is depleted? What country is next to be "liberated"? I must say, I started looking on that "liberated" as in "liberated from it's own resources"... Maybe US will liberate Holland, or other country, that can grow food, or something else... Maybe sand will become important factor at one point in life, and suddenly, US will liberate entire Africa, who knows...

Those donations US governments give out, are not free, as you say... They expect those governments to obey all US governments wishes and commands, and if they do not, they suddenly become dictators, and need to "liberate" certain country, rises again...

The fact people go to the US, doens't mean they like US... They just try to survive... I believe all those proud patriotic Americans, should come to live in "third-world countries" as they say, for about 5 years... I wonder how would they get along there? Also, that referenc, "third world"... What makes US "first world"? And where did that "second world" go? Just because you have more money than someone, doesn't make you more of a human, or a better person, or more equal than someone who doesn't have as much money, and has to work 3 jobs, just to meet ends...

So, for the last time, if you can't stand your case without personal attacks, or cultural or religional attack, better don't say anything, you'll only lower your points stand, you won't improve it...