xisto Community
JasperIk

American Propaganda.... Hitler has returned?

a little advice to the extremists....continue to live oversees to talk about a government you will never know the benefits of. now do you want to satrt talking about that or maybe i can just give you a dollar to make your monthly house payment and be a little more open minded

btw- never trust a country either that prides themselves on eating dog

oh, and if your country is so great over there, why are all your women trying to deport themselves to the u.s.?

now don't be flying off the wall anymore just because your grandfather was an american and you will never know the benefits of being one. don't be bitter :blink:

Uhm... That government makes the whole world worse then it is. If they would kill off their own people THEN it's not our 'oversees' business, but at this moment the American government is killing, robbing and making life worse for EVERYONE on this planet. Here in 'oversees' Holland, tention between ethnical groups rise due to your precious government who set up 9/11 and blaming that the arabs did it.

I'm not saying that it is ONLY the American government, they are ALL deceiving us.

Here in Holland our Government walks like a drolling dog after Mr.Bush, while 67% of the people are against it. Here are also those commercials about joing the army, navy and airforce and making it look like the best job there is. They are cutting down healthcare, schoolfunds and wellfare and every profit is used to fabricate weapons.

Have you allready seen that we even teach our children to use weapons, we buy them toy-guns, little soldiers and war-games. We teach them to fight in wars in their early years... Uhm what was it called? Oh yeah... Brainwashing!

I can go on and on with a list of ways they use to keep us down and 'obeying', but I think I made my point.

It wouldn't surprise me that there are nice little plans for a WW3 in the near future, set up by our 'precious' governments.

Do you think you are more of a human because you have more money than someone? That remark you just said... It's better I don't comment on that, you just sit, and think for youself about what you just said... It seems to me that you are closed minded too... US foreign policy is not that great as you may think.. The again, you might be one of those who blindly follow Bush, and is war policies...

Well said.

Saddam was not a dictator, he was a president free figures, his has elected folk and such a was hiswill. USA have shown the unjustified aggression, breaking right and liberties of the person for the sake of economic advantage only. However this itself has punished itself. USA has lost the big amount of the people, technicks, and money on this war for the sake of iraqi oil. And that? The Oil as was expensive, so expensive and remained (even else cherish), but USA having forfeited enormous facilities on galley proof of the economic catastrophe.

True, Saddam was fairly elected by his people, and he ruled in a good way, untill a foreign diplomat showed his satellite-photo's that Kuwait was stealing oil from Iraqi soil. Also did America donate tanks and weaponry so he could assault Iran. And llok who wants to control the Middle East now... Coincidence?
Edited by HoRuS (see edit history)

The propaganda is all around us -- the short list of those to replace the press secretary include Tony Snow! That's right - FoxNEWS's own Tony Snow....

This song sends chills down my spine every time I hear it. If you are not a folk music fan, you may not like Ani's music. It is her poetic way of saying some of the coarsest things - mixed with her amazing talent with the guitar.

To The Teeth
The sun is settin on the century
And we are armed to the teeth
We are all working together now
To make our lives mercifully brief

. CONDENSED

And if I hear one more time
About fool's rights
To his tools of rage
I'm gonna take all my friends
And I'm gonna move to canada
And we're gonna die of old age

Ani Difranco - To the Teeth lyrics (full)

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please quote all copyrighted materials or when copying from another source.

I really do not consider commercials to join the American military propoganda just because they are outlining the benefits of it and facts. By joining the army you really are doing something important like the commercial says. I am sure the part about college was no lie either. They do not have any lies in the commercial they are just telling you the facts. I really do not think that facts are propaganda myself.

Galahad wrote:

[...] Also, that referenc, "third world"... What makes US "first world"? And where did that "second world" go? [...]

I'll just give a short summary on the origin of the reference "third world" as this name is often mistaken:

Back in the Cold War, the world centered on two poles: US and Allies on the one side, the Soviet Union and Allies on the other. Some nations, however, decided they did not want to belong to one of these extremes - they went a third way and were called the "third world". Basically, "third world" referred to any country which did not ally with one of the two parties during Cold War, not necessarily to poor countries.

Due to the circumstances, the "third world"-countries did not receive too much of (financial) aid by the two super powers and were not as much traded with as countries who allied with one of the super powers - and as time went by, these countries stuck out as quite poor, compared to the rest of the world...

The current "ranking" describing how far a country's technology/economy has developed is Developed/Industrial Country (DC); Less Developed Country (LDC) and Least Developed Country (LLDC). Note: This "ranking" does not say anything about a country's culture which is hard to rank anyway.

When it comes to quality of life, the Humane Development Index (HDI) is somewhat reliable as it measures, among several other factors, a country's standard level of education, women's rights, average life expectance of its people, average income etc etc.

Some numbers to show how the index you look at incluences the result: Germany is the third-richest nation in the world (that's f*ckin' rich for you). If you do not belong to the rich among the German, you'd probably rather look at the HDI, where Germany is only ranked 19th. We learn: Living in a rich country does not equal a good life.

I'll try to find some time to look up how the USofA, the world's richest country, rank in the HDI. It's definitely not ranked best since number one when it comes to average quality of life is Norway...