xisto Community
Reaper

Wireless Electricity tranfer electricity without wires

UPDATE:There is a wireless pad that you plug into your phone or PSP or whatever, and it'll charge the device for you. I've seen it on TV. I believe a way to transfer electricity via air waves was invented when Tesla created the Tesla coil. The tesla coil enables you to light up lightbulbs from a few feet away. It's pretty neat.

first of all, the pad is wireless. you don't plug anything in to the pad. you set it on top of the pad but whatever you want to charge will have to have a coil inside it to transfer the electricity from the pad. where does the pad get it's electricity? from a nearby outlet. they say cellphone will be equiped with the technology in about a year. interesting.

although this is really really interesting technology and i'm sure there will be many ways to use it....including charging your electric car more easily, there is a very high chance that electricity can be stolen by using this technology.

it didn't state how far away the pad(with the coil inside of it) needs to be from a wall socket though and it also didn't state any possible problems that can occur with the pad. so i'm thinking if things get based on this pad technology and the pad doesn't work....what then. are cell phones still going to be equped with a charger? what about refridgeration?

whatabout the amps that are taken from the socket? how do you know which socket is even being used or if there is a chance of a breaker shutting off? the electricity isn't coming from out of nowhere. it's coming from electricity already bought and paid for.

what would really be neat is when they can combine this technology with solar energy

UPDATE:
There is a wireless pad that you plug into your phone or PSP or whatever, and it'll charge the device for you. I've seen it on TV. I believe a way to transfer electricity via air waves was invented when Tesla created the Tesla coil. The tesla coil enables you to light up lightbulbs from a few feet away. It's pretty neat.

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

just a random thoughtWireless ElectricityLOL I was just walking yesterday wen I thought of this one thing why not put a really big solar panel ontop of the 2 poles e.G. Antarctica and alaska to supply alot of electricity and stop the sun getting to the ice there for giving it time to rebuild but thats just an idea :P 

-reply by mohammad

Meteorite of ThunguskaWireless Electricity

It was a METEORITE, not electricity. TWO VERY DIFFERENT THINGS!! Hint: meteorites come from space, electricity comes from generators

wireless electricity has been around for a long timeWireless ElectricityHi just saying wireless electricity has been around forever look into the testla coil, it transmits wireless electricity, only problems would be designating the targets in which the electricity would hit.-reply by William York

The idea behind this is to get some sort of wireless way to transmit electricity this would make the process easier and when it comes to people stealing wires well there would be no wires to steal. it would have to be based on a bluetooth type technology but it would have to transmit much greater distances than bluetooth can abviosly. I thinking it that there would have be a unit that could convert radio waves and those type of things into a useable form of energy i know this is probolly really way out but no one said it had to be possible to be put on here

People would still be able to steal electricity :) trust me.