xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lairz

Need For Speed Most Wanted How good is it

Yep, as most people have said Need for Speed: Most Wanted is great - it keeps the street racing of Underground 1/2 but adds the cops, which was awesome in Hot Pursuit. Has some great presentation in music, and menus are nicely done...Graphics looks quite good too... :lol: I just need to get a steering wheel to replace my keyboard...

it is a really awesome game i would definately go out and buy it if i was you i have always enjoyed nfs most of them but like you say that nfs hot pursuit 2 was crap. but the problem there was there effectively took the same game same engine and just revised a few things which if anything made it alot worse than the game they revised. but most wanted is nothing like that it is a comepletely new feel when it comes to nfs games they have used ideas from other games but not copied other games. even the parts that were old ideas have been done with a new twist to them making this game really awesome and it is fun to play as there are alot of new ideas that have been added to it aswell !!! The cars are really cool the gameplay is awesome and pretty much all in all it is a cool game to play and you should not get bored because it is a new game with some old ideas !!

Game is ok. Graphics are good if you have 256MB graphic card or higher, but it works well on 128MB . running from police is great( maybe the best part of the game), lots of races. I even got steering wheel so it feels just like in real car. game which you need to try.

yea i really enjoy it alot more on the computer than xbox. I feel it feels more realistic. I also like the cars alot better than any of the other nfs series. If you havent played this you defently need to try it.

I think I might buy this game. It really does sound like a cool game. I am not sure if I should buy it for PC or for PS2. I guess probably PS2 even though if it sort of sucks I think it would be a really great game. I love the racing and really love the cops chasing me in a race so I think that would be the best part for me. Hopefully I can buy it sometime in the near future but I don't want to waste my money when I keep buying stuff on other thigns like parts for my computer and what not.

I lost interest in Need For Speed a while ago. I got into it too late. Hot Pursuit 2 was the game I bought for Playstation 2, and I loved it, but then right after that came Need For Speed: Underground. Everything just changed from there. It went from fast, expensive cars to street racing and modding.Then came Underground 2, which was really no different, and now Need For Speed: Most Wanted is out. I just lost interest in the game theme change. I bought Underground and Underground 2, but I got tired of having to unlock things just to have a fast car. It used to be you'd have a nice Miata that wasn't stock and still get by, but not now.

Need for Speed. An amazing series. I own Need for speed underground 1 and have played underground 2 exstensively. I also own Most Wanted. I can happily say it is THE BEST Need for Speed game EVER. The graphics on the PS2 are blow away good. 10/10 good. The weather effects really add to it. This is the 1st underground game with cops. Well it is a great addition. Roadblocks are instant fun. The helicopter, when you get it, is very cool. The story is pretty awesome and I LOVE the intro. It's really well done. There are very few bugs at all. The music is pretty good and i love the cars. Winning your rivals cars when you race them is very cool. Mod them up with the latest kit and blast off the Nitros.In all 10/10. About as close to heaven as you can get.P.S. Most Wanted beats Underground 2 by a long long way.

Notice from electriic ink:
Post copied from somewhere earlier in this topic
Edited by electriic ink (see edit history)

well you can find more info on the gamer websites and there is need for speed carbon just out.. you might like to get interested on that also :blink: and here am i posting a reply after a few .. i mean a lot of months later

well you can find more info on the gamer websites and there is need for speed carbon just out.. you might like to get interested on that also :blink: and here am i posting a reply after a few .. i mean a lot of months later

I actually ended up getting it and played it until I got to the 4th person on the blacklist but the I sort of forgot about it. It's a really cool game. Lots of fun I played it non stop for a few days and was good at it. I enjoyed the cop chases of course the most. I am going to get Need For Speed Carbon as soon as I can find it somewhere to buy it. It came out just the other day like you said.

i have it for psp. it is really fun game. It is just as good as underground 2 if not better. I personally liked NFS hot pursuit 2 the best out of all the NFS games. But this one is still very good. I can't wait to play NFS Carbon. I hope it is really good aswell.

When I rented NFSU:MW I played it for a few days non stop... I really like cars so I was addicted to it. I beat it and I thought the ending was awesome. I really liked the cars they put in the game and I thought the graphics were some of the best yet.

Edited by TeeCee06 (see edit history)

I have Need for Speed Most wanted on the PC and i would have to say it is a fun game. Dpendsing on the type of simulation you are interested in, this may be the game for you. Basically this is just like Need for Speed Underground 2, but there are no drift races, but the added feature is the Police Chases. That is the hardest and most fun part of the whole game. There are interesting cars in the game and I really like the M3. This game is not based on realistic driving, but a fun game. Some fake parts include the pursuit breakers, the speed breaker, and the rechargable nos. The game gets a bit repetitive as you progress, but once you get to the top you have to outrun 100% of the cops for about 10 minutes then make your way to a special ending, which is in my opinion the best part. Overall, this is a good game, but is not realistic. If you want a realistic game check out GTR2 or something but overall i would give this game a 7/10 (specifically because i enjoy simulation racing games) but it is fun.

The entire NFS series is not a Simulation Game, it comes under the Sports Action Genre. So you cannot expect reality in this game, because the other simulation games like Project Gotham, GTR, TOCA etc are pure racing games, these game happen in racing tracks. But whereas the NFS series is based on Street Racing. So if the game is so reliastic and the damage control is real, then you'd take nearly triple time you take normally to complete the game.I love the entire NFS series, I've got many. But I dont like the latest NFS Carbon, it has good graphics that is the best I can say about it. Still on my top list is NFS Most wanted this is the most coolest and thrilling game I've come across in this genre. I've completed the game nearly 7 times and still playing ;)